Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 15-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Neville

My Journey through the Major Arcana

This is a bit of a magnum opus so apologies in advance. Here goes

The Fool Speaks,

I am on the road again, I have no idea what pitfalls await me, no idea what’s just around the corner. I have my faithful dog with me . along with me for companionship. He is not without personality often registering his chagrin at my unpredictable and spontanious nature. I do tend to joke around a little, but life is meant to be fun and care free.
I carry with me all my worldly goods and a small light sack. My attitude is very much the same. I left all my emotional baggage behind and am now quiet unburdened by the events of the past. It’s a whole new day. I am the original Joker of the pack. Nothing much matters to me, In fact hardly anything bothers me at all, I am both naive and innocent, Dressed like a Dandy with a hop, skip and a jump. I set off with a spring in my step. Where I am going, where I’ll end up does not matter to me. I am the Jolly Jester, with all the time in the world and no awareness of any peril. I am not even looking where I am going. I am the fool.
This is the impression I creaet and of course that’s what I want you to think. My Brightly coloured costume is that of the Joker. The Court Jester. All dressed up and a cunning disguise it is. In medieval courts I was the King’s Cheif Minstrel and I had the King’s Ear. I could say thing’s to him that ordinary subjects would lose their head’s for. It’s worth remembering that what you see is merely the surface. the superficial facade that I choose to project, I am the Joker, The Jester, The Fool.

The Magician Speaks,

Prepare to be amazed as I perform for you a grand illusion, I will show you that the hand is quicker than the eye and the eye should not always believe what it sees. I am the architect of transformation before your very eyes. Long and hard have I studied , and though my breathtaking feats seem over in a flash. I have prepared prior to the illusion. I have invested my Money into the materials needed for this illusion to work. I have invested work and much research into creating all the circumstances for this magical feat to be carried out correctly, I have poured my Love and my tears into this project. I even asked for divine assistance. I have devoted many hours of thought to the execution of my Wizardry.
All you see is the end result. The wondrous act. You cannot believe your eyes in your amazement and nor should you. My act has been rehearsed and stage managed down to the finest detail. Your eyes appear to have deceived you,wonderfully so. I however was the initial architect of that deception. Can you trust me? Should you trust Me?
You won’t forget me in a hurry, because I am the Magician.

The High Priestess Speaks.

Come into my parlour dear journeyer.I will share with you secrets and hidden knowledge. You have had a busy day after your encounter with the Magician and the energy of the Fool. The Moon has risen high and it now illuminates the shadow.
I can show you how to see things unknown that may serve you on your journey. I have ancient scrolls of symbols and signs that contain all the meaning you need to pierce the shadow and look beyond the veil. You will be able to read the auguries and omens ,consult with energies unseen.
The Moon is my guide and intuition reigns supreme where sight cannot perceive. Just behind me is the Mystic Temple of Solomon in which all divine knowledge is kept. It houses The Library of the Akasha. There you can gain incite of all the things that have ever transpired and all the things that ever shall transpire. My Drapes portray the Pomegranate that Hades himself gave to Persephone to bind her to the underworld. Once you have stepped beyond this veil, you too will be bound to it’s secrets. In other words once your eyes have been opened to your innate gifts of foresight. they cannot be closed again. Are you ready to glimpse beyond the veil? There is no turning back once the hidden knowledge is revealed to you. Welcome dear traveller, I am the High Priestess.

The Empress Speaks.

Come dear Traveller share in my bountiful harvest. I am the Manifester, the creator, I grow and nurture . I create all things, I am the creation of a life in the womb , a romantic union, all artistic ventures and work projects. I am the nurturing womb in which all things can grow safely and securely. My Goddesses are Venus the Goddess of Love and Demeter The Goddess of abundance. I can provide all that you require to sustain you. I am the giver of gifts. The grower of ideas to fruition. I can bring your hopes and wishes to reality . I can make your dreams come true .I am the Empress.

The Emperor Speaks;

Welcome to my Hall, I will lay down some rules for you. You may not like it but order has to be maintained and though you might feel I am placing restrictions on you. I do this for the greater good of all. You will not be able to challenge me because my rule is absolute and my strength is without limit. I may appear to you as being filled with energy,aggression and power.
I am direct and forthright. You may feel I am a tyrant who is demanding and controlling.You may even feel that I lack patience, I am a strong leader and I sit upon a throne of stability.
I am here to tell you that you will do as you are told and not as you please.

The Hierophant Speaks;

I am the Teacher, You are the Student, I will guide you through this rite of passage, This shall be your initiation, though you might see it as a baptism of fire. I will teach to you, knowledge both wise and useful for you as your journey continues.I hold in my hands the key’s to the kingdom, but you are going to have to earn them. To earn them you must learn from all your lessons. My first question to you is this;
If you let go of all those ideals and possessions that you hold most dear to you, so that they no longer had any hold or power over you. What would you still have ?
The answer dear student is experience. and experience is your greatest source of learning.

The Lovers;

Now you have arrived at a fork in the road dear journeyer. Before you lie Two paths, both of which lead you to your desired destination. One Path is short an straight yet full of pitfalls,obstacles and distractions.The other Path is much longer and circuitous,yet considerably smoother and therefore easier to navigate.
Which way shall you choose? The direct route at the risk of rushing in where angels fear to tread or the slower more conventional and less fraught route. Both routes have their merit and disadvantages. The choice rests firmly with you
The Chariot;

You have chosen your Path and now the momentum of your journey gathers pace , The speed of your journey is taking away your control of the destiny. Events have gathered their own momentum and you feel as if you are hurtling forwards, now unsure of where and how you will finish your journey. As you career forwards you feel as if you are being pulled this way and that, all the time gathering pace. This is a roller coaster in which you now wear a blindfold.

Justice;

I am here as the arbiter of balance and fairness. My role is to ensure that what is right and fair comes to pass. Deeper still , I am your karma, I will ensure that all of your actions both virtuous and not receive there rightful reward. I maintain the law, both judicial according to Man and natural law. All that you do has an effect upon your surroundings and your surroundings will respond to you in accordance with how you treat them. I am the force that guides the response of your circumstances to you.

The Hermit,

The Journey has been busy and so time has come for reflection upon all that has come to pass. To get a good over sight of the entire journey so far it might be prudent to distance and remove yourself from it. take a step back, climb into the hills to a point where you can view the entire situation and then you shall, with your overview, be better equipped to decide on how to proceed. You might feel isolated, but you also are using this alone time for gaining incite and clarity.
The Chariot in it’s haste and unpredictable course took you to a place you are not familiar with and now is a perfect time to get your bearings ,to make all clear to you. Armed with this illumination you can decide on a clear course.

The Wheel;

Having returned from your quiet reflective solitude you come across a Fair Ground and it’s main ride is a huge Ferris wheel. All the Cars are filled and it is turning clockwise. All the people going up towards the top of the wheel seem happy and all the people coming down the other side seem not so happy. You deduce that it is evidently good to be on the way up in the world and yet at the same time discern that it is cyclical in it’s nature. That this ride is constantly either up or down.
Where on the Big Ferris Wheel of life do you find yourself? On the way up? or coming back down again?

Strength speaks ;

See me gently stroking my friend the Wild beast my friend, I am here to show you that there is another type of Power. Not Brute Force, A gentler inner strength that no power can defeat. I am here to tell you that Power can be manifested through the things that you do not do. I am here to tell you about the Strength in reserve. The Strength of calmness. unwavering inner power that cannot be shaken.
You may get scratched and bruised on your journey, but these wounds are to the outside and do not alter your resolve and inner power in anyway. Be strong with a gentle hand. Be Powerful through calm,loving words and deeds.

The Hanged Man speaks;

Be not alarmed traveller, The sight before you is not a macabre punishment visited upon me. See for yourself, I am quiet happy, I progress neither forwards or backwards in this state of suspended animation,I endure no unforeseen shocks or surprises. Yes I am hemmed in and restricted by my circumstances, but I created these circumstances deliberately. I am happy in my stasis,Safe sound and untroubled. To you it might seem boring to me it is security.

Death speaks;

I am the end. The Full stop at the very end of the story. I am the remover of old and outdated things. I take away things that are no longer of use. Stale situations, old outdated behaviours. I bring them to their end for I am the reaper and my harvest is always bitter, yet necessary.but look behind me visitor, the Sun of a new day is rising. I am not your end. I visit no physical death upon you. I destroy only that which has outlived it’s purpose. And when I have removed all the stale old detritus you will see that a new day is dawning free from that which no longer serves you.

Temperance speaks;

Slow down traveller, take things a little slower, more measured perhaps. To make a perfect Cake you need exactly the right amount of ingredients added to the bowl at exactly the right time and baked for precisely the exact time at the accurately correct temperature. Too much of one ingredient and the cake is spoiled. Too long or too short in the Oven, and the cake is spoiled. Too hot or to cool the Oven and the cake is, well you know,spoiled.
Your life now is exactly like the perfect Cake, a work of fine art and precision, so pace yourself dear friend, map out each point in the scheme of reaching your objective and potential, rush nothing. Integrate each tiny detail of your progress into the bigger picture. Remember you are working on a one of a kind masterpiece here.

The Devil;

I am the trap that has lured you in, you are under my yoke now,bound to me in total servitude. I have enslaved you. I could be your obligation to your work.I might be your obligation to your family.You are quiet trapped. I restrict your movement and inhibit your freedoms.Escape from me is an exercise in futility almost without hope of success. Not only am I the Devil. I am your Devil and you are my slave. Before you condemn my nefarious domination, At least I show you that which binds you and in so doing I give you the opportunity to do something about it.

The Tower;

I am the bolt from the blue,the sudden earthquake, I take away all your old reference point’s.The Ground under your feet,once so solid is now rendered fluid and weak. I am the sudden destroyer, I am not slow to wreak my havoc.I leave you wondering what on earth just happened. I don’t remove old patterns and systems, I rip them out. I am the Hurricane that no weatherman can predict. I am on you with no warning. I bring all of the old methods crashing down. Destruction is my business.
I am the Tower. Before you condemn me utterly, I sweep away all in a sudden blow and leave you with a blank canvas upon which to start afresh.

The Star;

I follow the destruction of the Tower, The Devil is swept away and now you are free, your shackles removed .The Towers destruction is now past and you have survived. All is fresh and new. No burdens restrict you and you are refreshed and revitalised having all the old cobwebs blown away.
Now there is a spring in your step though now you are much wiser than the fool you started out as.
Come bathe in the tranquil pool and cleanse your Spirit. Now is the time to start anew feeling both alive and vibrant. I am the Star

The Moon;

I am the only Light in the Night so tread carefully because all may not be as it seems to your eyes. Shapes moving in the darkness are but shadow and illusion , as the Night reigns so do Dreams and Nightmares. Who knows what lurks in the darkness? Things hidden with ill will toward you traveller with their tricks and treachery , lies can be told to you now so look to your feelings and intuition for guidance as all is not clear in your journey. At night you cannot see the whole picture. Before you the path though long is now only visible a few steps ahead and care is needed now in your passage, Yet not all of your senses have deserted you for now your sixth sense comes into play and you are compelled to see through your third eye. Great creativity I infer upon you and powerful intuition of visions and incite. learn to trust implicitly your intuition and feelings now,because your intuition will never lie to you. I am the Moon.

The Sun;

I come to you after the long dark Night to illuminate your journey all that was dark and unclear has fallen away. You can see clearly all around you with your Physical Eyes and all things are positive and joyful The Moon was intuition and caution , I am intellect and joy. Worries and doubts are sent scurrying . You are free to play and have fun. to be as a child in the glorious sunshine, I am the Sun and it’s time to be happy.

Judgement;

You have come a very long way journeyer, Now is the time for you to bring forth all of your experiences up until this point.To recall them and to reconcile yourself to them all ,both good and bad. It is time to embrace all that you have seen,been and done and then release it. This is the shedding of the skin. The rebirth. The point at which you accept and relinquish your past. Some of your memories will be happy and some will be sad, all must be viewed and reckoned before being let go. I am Judgement and this is the time of the great reckoning in your journey.

The World;

And now traveller we take our final step, The end of the Journey where all is concluded satisfactorily, A sense of completeness prevails as we now see our epic journey at it’s end And it feels good.We are a lot wiser for our experiences though to look at us we seem as refreshed and innocent as a new born just starting in the world, and in this lies the secret of the Journey of the Major Arcana. We find our Fool both at the beginning and at the end of the Major Arcana. Our Old journey now complete and fulfilled a new and exciting Journey is about to begin. I am the World, I am circular ,and so is the story of your life journeyer, allow me now to guide you to the Fool.

Best wishes Neville