Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 23-08-2011, 01:37 AM
RisenPhoenix

Thanks for the info!

I'm a Libra and Venus is currently transitting the twelfth house until Sept. 14th. Your description of the twelfth house has really helped me to understand why my thoughts have lately been very dark and depressing. Every day I'm trying to counteract those thoughts with positive ones but I slip right back. I can't wait til Venus leaves this house.
Old 23-08-2011, 04:47 AM
Greybeard

Venus transits this house once every year...Do you experience these thoughts annually? If not, perhaps something else is going on astrologically.

Depending on your place and exact time of birth, it looks as though you have either late Virgo or early Libra rising....

I have had this sort of thing happen in my own life...it went on for about 5 years, daily. Couldn't keep the same thoughts from coming into consciousness no matter what I did.

And then, very suddenly and without trying, I found a new way to look at the problem.....and it just went away. Very often, by simply changing our perspective or point of view, by examining our assumptions or premises regarding the problem thoughts, we will find the way out. In order to change our viewpoint, we must first surrender to the thoughts; the unconscious mind often acts like a net -- the more you fight, the more entrapped you become. So maybe if you can bring yourself to a point of calm and detached observation of the thoughts that trouble you, there will come that flash of insight that frees you.
Old 23-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Master
This is great stuff gray
Old 30-08-2011, 03:01 AM
Vicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard
Before I continue with the remaining six houses (another day), it might be interesting to look at what the 11th century Persian astrologer al-Biruni said about the houses in his work al Tahfim [1029 ME]

First House Soul, life, length of life, education, native land.
Second House Suckling, nutriment, disaster to eyes if over-taken by ill-luck, livelihood, household requisites, assistants, profession of children.
Third House Brothers, sisters, relations, relations in-law, jewels, friends, migration, short journeys, intelligence, knowledge, expertness in religious law.
Fourth House Parents, grandparents, descendants, real estate, fields, houses, water-supply, knowledge of genealogy; what succeeds death and what happens to the dead.
Fifth House Children, friends, clothes, pleasure, joy, little acquisition of property, accumulated wealth of father, what was said of him at his burial service.
Sixth House Sickness, defects of body, overwork, if unfortunate accident to legs, loss of property, disease of internal organs, slaves, maids, cattle.
Seventh House Women, concubines, giving in marriage, marriage-feasts, contentions, partnership, losses, lawsuits.
Eighth House Death and its causes, murder, poisoning, evil effects of drugs on body, inheritance, wife's property, expenditure, poverty, extreme indigence, feigning death.
Ninth House Travel, re1igion, piety, fate, seriousness, attainment of knowledge from the stars and divination, philosophy, surveying, sharp discernment, trustworthiness, interpretation of visions and dreams.
Tenth House Rule of Sultan, government with council of nobles, absolute authority, success, in business, commerce, professions, well-behaved children, liberality.
Eleventh House Happiness, friends, enemies, concern for next world, prayer and praise, friendship of women, love, dress, perfume, ornaments, commerce, longevity.
Twelfth House Enemies, misery, anxieties, prison, debt, fines, bail, fear, adversity, disease, prenatal fancies of mother, cattle, harbors, slaves, servants, armies, exile, tumults

Excellent, thank you. :)
Old 30-08-2011, 07:37 PM
white-rabbit

Some believe that the 12th house is the house of moksha/enlightenment..that it stores our greatest untapped potential, would you agree with that?
Old 30-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Greybeard

The 12th House is the House of the Escaped Prisoner. It is the House where the ego is dissolved, as the seed must dissolve and die in giving birth to new plant. It is the House of Surrender. How would you interpret that?
Old 03-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Greybeard

Which House does your Sun occupy?
That House will tell you a lot about your life....

For example, my Sun lives in the Eighth House.
I have been an indigent and live in poverty (see old al-Biruni's description of the houses), and all sorts of other 8th House things are typical of my life...

A Sixth House Sun often experiences serious health issues, or is concerned with the maintenance and care of Health.

With a Second House Sun, money is probably an issue in one way or another.

Naturally, the entire horoscope must be seen as a whole in order to properly interpret any single position.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Neth Rana

I have a question if you don't mind Greybeard, as you seem to be very knowledgable.

I have four planets in my twelfth house...the most I have in any of my houses. My moon, Mars, Saturn, and Venus are all in my 12th house. Is this bad? It seems like the 12th house is really depressing. The book I have calls it the house of secrets, sorrows, and self-undoing. I mean, I know I'm a Pisces and everything, but seriously lol. Can you maybe give me some insight on this? It would be greatly appreciated!

Also, my sun is in my 1st House...
Old 08-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Greybeard

The 12th House is the House of the Personal Unconscious. It is "repressed contents", which although hidden away, out of sight of the conscious mind, must nevertheless surface in one way or another. It is the house of suffering, mourning, isolation, and -- if positive -- ultimately the house of the dissolution of the ego and surrender.

You have a Stellium in the 12th House, and therefore this house is preeminent in your life....and the Sun in Pisces adds to this theme.

I never look at a chart, or positions within a chart, as "good" or "bad". They simply portray what IS, and what must be. But as you read the meanings of the 12th, I don't suppose most of us would be overjoyed to find 4 planets there. Remember, the 12th House is the House of the Prisoner....but is also the Escaped Prisoner, and the Pardoned Prisoner -- now released.

In other words, although you may feel alone, isolated, overburdened with hardships, sufferings and sorrows....this house is the House of Liberation. It is where our bonds to this vale of sorrows can finally be cut.

Our lives consist in large part of our attitudes towards life. It is really a very easy matter to change our point of view, our perspective, and that amounts to changing our attitudes. We become, and our lives become, whatever we imagine them to be. You will become your image of yourself, and that image can be consciously constructed, to some degree at least, by the will.

I am not sure what it is you are asking me.

White Rabbit asks if the 12th House is the house of moksha. It is a House of Darkness (as is the 8th). Being in darkness, blinded, lost....a wise man will be driven to seek the light.

With the 12th representing those things that we hide from ourselves...we cannot see those things. They are deeply buried by the mind. But we can see the effects of those things, if we watch. In the Bible it says that we cannot see God, but we can see evidence of his existence, or reality, in all of manifest creation. This applies also to the buried pain found in the 12th House. We must face ourselves, and that is probably the most terrifying thing a man or woman can undertake.

The Aztecs had a god, Tezcatlipoca, the "Smoking Mirror" (that is what Tezcatl-Ipoca means). He is the god who is the Enemy. And he is always within your camp during the battle. When Tezcatlipoca confronted an enemy, he would turn his smoking mirror toward him....and force him to see himself as he really was. And the enemy was defeated.

The mythology surrounding Tezcatlipoca is vast. If you study it carefully, and look at all of it as "symbolism regarding the personal psyche", you may find it profitable. For Tezcatlipoca is not only the enemy, always the enemy...but he also sacrificed himself to save the People and the World. He rules the night sky and things of the dark night, sorcerers, astrologers and healers. He is Lord of Crossroads. He is a warrior god, for no person who is not a warrior can win the battle. And if the fight is not fought, o Arjuna, abject defeat awaits you.

For people who wish to heal their wounded soul, whose desire is to walk in Light...I recommend a lifelong study of the Bhagavad Gita. I have a stack of about 20 books at my elbow and the Gita sits atop the stack. I recommend the translation by Juan Mascaro, available from Penguin Books for around $10.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:02 AM
Greybeard

There's an old song....."You gotta walk that lonesome valley, you gotta walk it by yourself, nobody else can walk it for you...."

"All the king's horses, and all the king's men, couldn't put Humpty-Dumpty together again.".....only Humpty can do that.

The 12th House is the last house in the horoscope. It is the final step. It is not only the house of the hidden enemy, but also the house of unexpected help in the time of need. It is the house of misery, and suffering. And it is also the house of Freedom from suffering. Your choice, I reckon.