Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-05-2022, 06:38 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
From where then?

I thought you are/were well versed because of everything you read, an academic?

Going within one's self. I would not expect you to understand, although you may scoff.
The beginning of my "awakening" 21 years ago opened many doors. A few years had passed and I had an NDE. Following that experience gave me access to an ability of claircognizance. Along with Clairempathy which I've had since childhood.

Finding the truth comes from two sources. The ones you find yourself and the ones you're willing to accept told by others.
Old 25-05-2022, 06:53 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Vel..
Going within one's self.
Yeah I understand and I've seen all the 'self' narratives before in this forum. It's just the ego imprinting on the self and/or the creation of a Persona or a 'mask of convenience'. Not very Spiritual, the deliberate creation of a 'false self'.

So you use claircognisance, did Spirit give you the forum narratives?
Old 25-05-2022, 08:48 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Yeah I understand and I've seen all the 'self' narratives before in this forum. It's just the ego imprinting on the self and/or the creation of a Persona or a 'mask of convenience'. Not very Spiritual, the deliberate creation of a 'false self'.

So you use claircognisance, did Spirit give you the forum narratives?

No, they are my own. I gather yours are not your own but that of those who you read from. Condesendment is a revolving door.

Finding the truth comes from two sources. The ones you find yourself and the ones you're willing to accept told by others.
Old 25-05-2022, 10:20 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
No, they are my own.
That's what Ahamkara is all about - the 'I' of invented things. Guess you didn't really understand Ahamkara or ego after all - since the science is based on Spirituality, but none of the people who have so much to say about the ego know that.

And if you only have your own head for reference then talk about revolving doors all you like. As for "Condesendment" - https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/condescension

Just remember, that's your perception.
Old 25-05-2022, 10:28 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
Why do some people consider new age spirituality as bad?
Take a look at the thread.
Old 25-05-2022, 06:21 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
That's what Ahamkara is all about - the 'I' of invented things. Guess you didn't really understand Ahamkara or ego after all - since the science is based on Spirituality, but none of the people who have so much to say about the ego know that.

And if you only have your own head for reference then talk about revolving doors all you like. As for "Condesendment" - You know what I meant.https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/condescension

Just remember, that's your perception.
Bravo.

I didn't use "I", "My" was used. Now we're getting into semantics (is commonly used to refer to a trivial point or distinction that revolves around mere words rather than significant issues)

Shall we get back on track or shall we continue to measure how big our pet snakes are?

How does it position your perception that we are all fragments of God, & God's name is I am. Does that make God egotistical along with every aspect of using "I", "my" and "me" by us all?

Old 25-05-2022, 06:26 PM
Master
Quote:
When everything is anything you want it to be? Today's Spirituality is littered with words and terms that have been redefined to suit agenda, not Spirituality and there comes a time when there is as lack of integrity. Ancient understandings have been lost and frankly I doubt they will ever be recovered.

That wasn't my point.
I responded to Iamthat... my point was, the more structured and 'mature' today's open landscape of spirituality becomes, the more dogmatic and tight it becomes. It will be like a religion again. Right now there is a lot of variety... a complex landscape. Although I may agree with people saying this or that is an immature belief (and I do here and there) I also think there is something free about what is called ''New Age''. Even so, yes, there is of course less freedom and more dogmatism the moment you ''zoom in'' in any particular aspect of the ''New Age''.
Old 25-05-2022, 06:35 PM
Reminder: 3 sentences tops when quoting others...as per the Adminstration.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-05-2022, 06:37 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Reminder: 3 sentences tops when quoting others...as per the Adminstration.

But what if all those sentences need to be quoted?

Old 26-05-2022, 07:14 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
How does it position your perception that we are all fragments of God, & God's name is I am. Does that make God egotistical along with every aspect of using "I", "my" and "me" by us all?
I'm an atheist.

There's a big difference between having an ego - we all have one of those - and being egotistical. Your psychology needs an ego, otherwise in your head you'd be floating round like a spaceman adrift. A balanced ego gives you a balanced reference point so that you can relate to the external world in a balanced way. And your internal reality is also more balanced because of it. If you are egotistical your point of reference is unbalanced, you think you know things and you end up talking about the ego like a boss but looking like an idiot.

Once you understand the ego, you understand so much of Eastern religion/philosophy because that understanding provides the basis on which so much of it makes sense. If you don't understand your alphabet....

As Mooji said, "I am is an acknowledgement that I exist. I am - consciousness exists" since the Jungian definition of the ego is "The centre of the field of consciousness." And by the way, Jung's definition of the ego is based on Eastern religion/Spirituality. Fact, not belief. Everything after that is how you perceive yourself - whether that's as a Spiritual person or better than anyone else.

Acknowledging your existence/I am/ego doesn't make you egotistical, thinking that you know better does. This is where Spirituality falls over. Everybody has a sense of 'I am', some call it a sense of self but it's the same thing. One's ego opens the door to understanding if one's ego - it's individual, by the way - is open to it. If one is egotistical arrogance sets in and it creates a barrier. Which is what's been happening between us. It also means that self awareness is a nonsense because 'self' can mean any old made-up nonsense.

So the next time you read some Spiritual "Gotta kill that ego, folks," read 'egoism' and you'll be fine. All this 'ego as the bad guy' nonsense, all personality issues posing as Spirituality.

So from an atheist, God is quite able to say "I am" the same as everyone can - because everyone exists. "I am" is still acknowledging God's/your own existence, but the "better than you" part is egotistical.

That's one reason why New Age Spirituality is a 'bad thing'. Redefine the ego, redefine the self and tell yourself that you're self aware, enlightened and whatever else. But all you're doing is fooling yourself. Buddha said the we should question everything so if you're not doing that but just taking things for granted?