Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 21-03-2015, 08:40 AM
chunkyd30

Exclamation 3rd chakra blockage?

Good morning all

Im just seeing if there is anyone who can help with what i think is a blocked 3rd chakra
currently I am apparently going through a very intense spiritual awakening, with some very vivid meditations (i have a post in the meditation section entitled strange meditation)
well last night i was meditating, as i have a need to do it at the moment, and i get the sensation of pain and blockage around my solarplex area and colours of flashing yellow appeared
i was using a piece of amethyst a friend had given to me, as my meditations continued i started to take in really deep breaths and exhales as if i was trying to move something/energy down my airways, as if i was trying to unblock or dislodge something inside
the inhales and exhales got more and more deeper and intense until i blew out a candle i use to meditate with which was about 4 to 5 ft away, then i came out of my meditations state and was really exhausted

After doing a bit of research afterwards it seems like it was my 3rd chakra which is blocked

As i am completely new to all this (5th time meditating) has anyone got any advice as to what went on, ifit is my 3rd chakra and any ways to unblock this area

Many thanks for your help
Old 21-03-2015, 10:04 AM
Deactivated Account

Third chakra blockages are common. I recommend this.

You also have to remember what the solar plexus governs, which is self-worth and empowerment. So if you are lacking in those areas you will need to start consciously working on them.
Old 22-03-2015, 07:35 PM
chunkyd30

Thank you for the reply, i will have a read

What do you mean by conciously working on those areas? Apologies but i am a complete newbie and at the moment im only going off what my meditations seem to be pointing me to
Old 22-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Deactivated Account

Each of the chakras govern different things. For example the heart governs love. If you have a blocked heart then it means you are closed off from love to some extent. In the same way the third chakra/solar plexus governs self-esteem and empowerment, if you have a block there then it means you are closed off from thinking good of yourself. You might have trouble with thoughts thinking you are a failure or something like that, but you might not even be aware of this consciously, which is why you'd be feeling it energetically instead.

So to consciously work on these areas, you'd need to start learning to think better of yourself, to not feel so imperfect or shameful.... things like that. Also learn to do what makes you feel good, not what is expected of you. The solar plexus governs our ego and boundaries, it is meant to look after us and make sure we are ok but often it attacks us instead because society has taught up to feel good is bad.

It will take a mixture of meditation, energy work, and self-inquiry to release the blockage and heal your problem.
Old 22-03-2015, 08:16 PM
chunkyd30

Ah i see, so each of the chakras is associated to certain areas of your being/personality each one determined by a different area of your self? Makes a bit more sense
as you said i do not feel aware of any thoughts of failure or imperfect if anything people close to me say I have a bad trait of thinking im perfect , which may be myself over compensating

Thank you for the advice and this is something i feel i need to look into - and see what happens when i next meditate
Old 22-03-2015, 09:55 PM
Ascender
You seem to have a good grasp of how to follow your intuition during meditation but you might want to try it an easier way. Don't make the body do all the work. Use the mind to focus what your energy is doing. Its like having a hammer and a chisel. Your breathing is the hammer. You can bang away with the hammer and eventually the wood will break but it takes a lot of effort and you make a bit of a mess in the process. You can use a chisel on its own too but it takes more effort and more time. If you use them together its quick and easy. A couple of taps with the hammer is all you need and its a lot more precise.
Old 23-03-2015, 10:36 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkyd30
Ah i see, so each of the chakras is associated to certain areas of your being/personality each one determined by a different area of your self? Makes a bit more sense
as you said i do not feel aware of any thoughts of failure or imperfect if anything people close to me say I have a bad trait of thinking im perfect , which may be myself over compensating

Thank you for the advice and this is something i feel i need to look into - and see what happens when i next meditate

Yes, our entire self is aspected into seven main different strands of consciousness. So they could be considered smaller parts of the entire whole which allow us to understand ourselves better and experience ourselves in different ways. Most people's awareness is at the solar plexus chakra so that's how they'll experience themselves. But you can open the other chakras and become more aware to the larger aspects of you.

The solar plexus governs ego and duality, it governs the lower mind and thinking brain. Imbalances can mean it's either overactive or underactive though usually it's a mix as both because like you said, there will be some compensation going on. So if you think yourself more perfect than others, deep down it's probably the opposite and may be a mask to cover feelings of not being good enough.

I hope that helps you out and gives you a clearer direction of where to go.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:18 PM
chunkyd30

Yes thanks scarlett, think i may need to dig a little deeeper into a few areas .....it is a long of unclear journey
Old 01-04-2015, 08:53 PM
Knower
For me, I held a yellow calcite stone in my hand and meditated on my solar plexus for about 15-20 minutes every day for 2 weeks. After that 2 weeks I noticed I felt so much better. Basically what I did was imagine light coming down from the sky and entering my solar plexus and I imagined it looking more like the sun, healthy and brighter. If you feel vibrating or kind of odd sensations there almost like you have a bellyache, that is good because that means it's working. Also, it would be a good idea for you to be very conscious of your thoughts. Try your hardest to never say anything mean to yourself in your mind. Only say positive affirmations. There are good guided meditations you can listen to to help you with this. Say things like "I love myself" "I am getting better everyday" "I can do this" and replace all negative thoughts you have with a positive one. Also, if there were negative things you were doing in the past such as watching TV shows that are very sad, where people get hurt, or where there is a lot of judgment, or if you are judging or listening to others judge out loud, try to do things and be in places that feel good and positive to you. You will start noticing how much more confident and fearless you are when you work on it often and especially when someone hurts your feelings or something negative happens. I hope this helps. :)
Old 02-04-2015, 04:04 PM
chunkyd30

Many thanks bubbles for the advice and sharing what worked for you
As I've said all this is completely new to me so I shall give your technique a try and see if it works for me