Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-08-2012, 02:22 AM
DayLight1555

Reincarnation or resurrection and how?

Just some thoughts I wanted to share about afterlife and the "how to".

Most religions believe in an afterlife. Some believe that it’s through a process of reincarnating and others believe that it’s through a process of resurrection.

Reincarnation idea usually implies that after you die, you will be born as a baby, be a different person, not aware of the previous existence (in most cases) and live on this earth all over again. After you die again, you get to be born as someone else again and so the cycle continues.

Resurrection usually implies that after dying, you will be resurrected in a new body as an adult, you will remember your previous life, and from now on you will become immortal and will live in that place forever. It also in some cases implies that you will live under God’s rulership in his kingdom and be his servant.

Here is what I believe: after people die, they get resurrected into a new body as an adult, they remember their previous (and only) life, they get to live a regular life on some really cool advanced planet. And there is no God rulership involved, but people will be aware of some higher lifeforms which do exist.

Here is where I am at a loss. How long will the people live on this planet? Until it dies? What happens next? Are they going to migrate to a different planet? Will their new bodies continue on forever as they migrate to new planets or do they also have to change bodies once in a while (but not by being born as a baby, but jumping from one body into another as an adult.)? And where will they get their new bodies?

Well, the problem is that consciousness (aka: soul) is not a separate entity from the body. It’s a part of it. It cannot exist or come into existence on its own. Just like smoke is a part of the fire and is not separate from it. Just like a harddrive is NOT a computer, nor is RMA by itself. But together, they are a computer.

HUMAN ROBOT, EMERGING CONSCIOUSNESS

I believe that a human body is a program. Or maybe it’s better to see it as a robot. A robot is also a program, but with physical parts. A human robot has biological physical parts. But it acts based on its programming. Its reactions to things and responses and feelings are all a matter of its programming. The robots that we currently create are too primitive to become alive. They are not complex enough. But I believe that the complexity of interaction makes the consciousness emerge. It’s the interaction of the parts that creates something more then the sum of the parts.

In movies we see how robots come to life, become intelligent beings, become alive. A human is a self modifying program/robot. So it learns and changes and adapts.

So the programming of the body produces interaction which in turn produces consciousness. Therefore, if you get a completely new body with a completely different programming, it will produce a completely different consciousness than who you are.

So Christians believe erroneously that they will still be themselves once they get to heaven and God will make them perfect instantly. If you are perfect, then you don’t act like you anymore, you don’t have the same tastes and impulses, then it’s not you anymore. So it’s perfection vs. your continued existence. Do you want to be perfect or do you want to continue to exist?

Therefore, I believe that in the afterlife we are going to be similar to how we are right now. We will be able to recognize ourselves, our actions and feelings (responses to things). And I think the most important part is our memories. The people who have a decease and lose their memory are very disoriented and confused and lose their identity. So it’s important to retain memories if you still want to be you.

UPGRADE OF OUR BODY

But since I believe that we will get new bodies, how it that possible since a body is not separate from the soul/consciousness? And since the new body will produce a new kind of consciousness?

I believe in “upgrades”, not a completely different program. Our current body is a program. And a new body is a program. And the new program could be created based on the old program, but with modifications. So that it’s still similar enough to be like an old program, but new enough to be an enhanced version of it. We call it upgrades. So maybe Windows XP is our current program and Windows Vista is an upgrade? They are still similar in many ways. Or maybe they are too different. Maybe it’s Windows 2000 vs. Windows XP. Anyways, the point is it’s similar enough to not lose its identity.

So I believe that somehow the advanced beings have figured out a way to copy the program (us) and to modify the programming and to store it somewhere, and then later it can be accessed and restored.

Storing a program on a computer is like sleeping/being dead. Running a program on the computer is like resurrection.

AN EVER CHANGING PROGRAM

Imagine that each program has to be run in order to produce anything. Imagine that when you run a “shapes” program on a computer, a sphere comes alive on your screen, a sphere that is in constant motion, ever changing, and it starts to produce different shapes. Take an image of one moment, and then can you say: this is IT? Or do you have to assume that the many states of it is IT, and not just one image of one of the states?

A human is like an object that is in constant state of flux or motion and change. Because a human is not the same at any other moment, it’s in a constant flux of change, from one emotion to another, from one decision to another, from one act to another, from one self modification to another.

So a human is like a… machine that produces all kinds of actions and emotions when the program is executed/run on the computer. It says hello to the person it meets on the street, it gets angry when it sees a person being mistreated, it pays money to make a purchase, it feels happy when it meets a compatible person, it feels frustrated when trying to make a child act a certain way…it reacts…. Based on how it was taught/programmed.

Two people meet and their interaction changes the levels of hormones in their body. People feel happy or stressed or high… In some cases the levels of hormones which produce happiness go up and in other cases some levels of hormones that produce stress are increased, and in yet other cases, the level of hormones that produces a feeling of “high” go up. And so people say: I am in love. I feel so good.

(These affects are in some ways similar to the feelings of “high” that you could get from drugs. They also influence the levels of chemicals in our body). Except when it’s “love” drug, then you can experience the highs guilt free. When it’s some forbidden drug then the feelings of guilt may become a part of the equation.

We care about others because of programming. Men for example, are programmed to protect the women and children, and mothers to protect their children. Sometimes we care because doing the opposite brings us pain (especially if we are empaths and have an ability to feel others’ pain.)

And of course we are programmed to lessen the pain, so we find ways. Why do obsessive people can’t let the object of their affection escape? Because they feel too much pain without the one they love and so in order to lessen pain, they try to keep that person by their side. Why do non-obsessive (normal) people love by letting the person go (if he/she wants to)? Because doing the opposite (keeping and giving pain to the one they love) would give them more pain; so in order to lessen the pain, they “let them go” and want them to be happy because that is less painful than the opposite. So it’s like the robot calculates things and then produces the actions.

ROBOT PART VS CONSCIOUSNESS

Even though both of these parts are a part of who we are and can’t live apart from each other, at the same time, they are separated (like two wheels on a car). Imagine if one wheel went one way and the other wheel went the other way. We struggle with ourselves because our two parts (our two wheels) are out of sync. Our program (our robot) is not in sync with our consciousness.

How often do we ask our self: why did I do that? I wish that I didn’t. Or how often do we instruct our self to act a certain way and later discover that we didn’t listen to our instructions? How often do we wish we could be different and not do certain things we don’t like done?

According to my belief, what happens is that our robot part, our program acts much faster than our thinking/conscious part. So the program does before we think. So often people say: count to ten before you say anything. I think the real reason for counting is to give time for our conscious thinking and our automatic (program) thinking to become in sync and instead of doing something thoughtlessly, we would do what we actually consider a good thing. We hear sometimes: “think before you speak”. In other words: let your conscious thinking catch up to the automatic thinking (a programmed response) and then say based on what you think rather than based on your automatic preprogrammed response. So it’s a matter of speed.

We have to have a fast speed when doing automatic things (like eating or going to the bathroom or typing or greeting someone.) It’s necessary. Imagine if you would have to think each time you did something: you would be the slowest person on earth! So the program is there to make automatic decisions fast, so that you wouldn’t be slowed down in your life.

But our conscious thought process (like the computer processor) is not fast enough to catch up with the program’s processor (our auto responder). So there is a delay. And we end up doing what our program wants (was programmed to do) rather than based on our conscious thinking and evaluation of the situation.

Our AUTO RESPONDER CAN BE REPROGRAMMED TO RESPOND APPROPRIATELY

Our conscious part is able to reprogram our automatic responses over time. Once you reprogram your program, then you don’t have to worry about it embarrassing you. You can let it take control and make you look good because you programmed it to respond like you would respond if you were consciously thinking about it.

So when you programmed yourself to contain your anger and to be always polite, then you don’t have to worry that you’ll accidentally be rude to someone (or rather your program would be rude to someone).

So that’s why people change and start to do more of what they want rather than what they don’t want. The more evolved people become more of what they wish to be because they reprogram their own program to their liking.

I believe that with our upgrade (the new body program), our program will be more in sync with our conscious self. And so we’ll have less regrets about our actions and would actually be able to make ourselves do what we want done.

REINCARNATION AS IN COMING BACK TO LIFE OVER AND OVER

About reincarnation… as in where someone keeps ‘dying” or not living for a while and then coming back to life… perhaps this part is reflected in this point.

A Universe is destined to end its physical existence, to die, to wear off or to be destroyed by something like an accident. And the living beings have figured out a way to preserve themselves for the next universe instead of ceasing to exist. They put themselves into some sort of sleep (maybe hibernation?) before the Universe expires. And they also create a new Universe before they go “to sleep”. And while they are sleeping, the Universe grows and evolves.

When some planets/galaxies in the Universe are evolved enough and become advanced, they discover these living beings who put themselves to sleep. And thus these beings get awakened to continue their existence in this new universe. As far as I know, they don’t have to be born again, they just sort of come with their bodies. So this is the kind of reincarnation that I believe in. And we, humans, will go through this same process when our Universe physically comes to an end of its existence. And the cycle will continue. So in this sense, the ceasing to live for some time and then coming back to life again maybe could be seen as reincarnation.
Old 21-08-2012, 11:42 PM
DayLight1555

After thinking about all I wrote above, I have a feeling that both resurrection and reincarnation have a role to play and reflect reality in some way.

What if resurrection aspect is about how to cross over from one physical body into the next, one universe into another, from dying/sleeping to living again?

And what if reincarnation has to do with experiencing different lives while you are alive? Afterall, I believe that eventually all Beings discover the secret to immortality. And if they are immortal, are they going to live just one kind of life for eternity? I seriously doubt that.

Imagine playing a game in a virtual reality. Your body is physically in one location, but your mind is in another. Think of out of body experiences. Usually, when a person is "out of body", then he is not aware of his physical body sitting in a chair or lying on a bed. Usually, a person is absorbed into whatever he is experiencing. Like living in heaven for a while and have angels teach you things (Bette White claimed to have that experienced, an NDE)

While you are living in heaven in this way, you are not aware of your physical body. It's like you're living a different life.

So what if in the future there will be such a way to live anywhere via virtual reality? Then people who have a very long time to live will want to get plugged into the virtual reality and experience something different, other than the current life that they're having.

And there also could be a time difference. While Bette was in heaven for a long while, not that much time passed on earth. Some people could spend a whole lifetime somewhere in virtual reality, while in their physical location it could be that just a few hours would have passed.

And of course they would remember their experiences, their different lives.