Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 09-08-2018, 08:46 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathrin
I am not sure if I am a medium too. I am dealing with a number of abilities. I might be a psychic. Don't know. Had a phase with non-physical people hanging around talking. One of my various openings. I closed down many times also. Best lowering aids so far: Treatment for fibromyalgia, PTSD: Duloxetine. I can perform but am not too hyper sensitive. And eating meat ;) Also heard from Lisa Williams that she wears hats to disable a connection.

Sorry for the delay in responding back.

I can imagine that it could be hard to decipher various ablilites. Everyone is different. Different strengths and weaknesses..etc. That’s the reason I joined SF in the first place to see what if was like for others. With everything that SF has to offer to read about, you pretty much a have to keep an open mind. There’s all kinds of stuff on here. I think its cool.

At the time I posted this thread, I was going through a rough patch with spirits to where it made me not want to have mediumship ablilites. There is such a ebb and flow with it. You just have to learn what works best for you to where you have a perfect balance for your inner self. Really no one can take that from you. Only you can, if you allow yourself to go down that rabbit hole..

Thank you for your response!
Old 10-08-2018, 07:18 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGoGurl
Hello all,

This is question for mediums. Does anyone know of a medication that can lower/block psychic abilities? If so, what has been your experience while taking them?

Thanks!

Hello

Honestly no, I came into this life with all that I am "ON" in that its open to me and that is that. There is no down time there is no "OFF" for me no matter what. Drink can suppress it, but that is not the way to go with things. I know too many sensitives that are also alcoholics. (but would never see or admit that in themselves.)

You have to embrace it and accept it as a part of the whole you are and then call on your Guides to help filter things out. Make time for yourself and know your not alone, none of us are ever alone.

When I came to accept me as me, to find those places that I could be me, and work as me I felt more complete. While there is never that time or space for me where I am alone, I too know there is a purpose for me being me.

The hardest part is being me, is that I "should charge a lot for me" seen by others that are "Professional" ( there is no such thing as being a Pro at anything) I feel. I work for free as never felt that calling for $$$$ from being me and not all can afford this help. But man I get the "heat" at times.

Lynn
Old 10-08-2018, 08:27 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Thanks, Lynn! Would you know someone who could give me advice on what to do with "things"? What is it then, if anything..? Sometimes I feel there has been something always. Sometimes I wonder if I'm making things up. Could you give a reading, please? Should I do anything with this? So far, it's been just trouble. I kind of like being "up there" but I do not believe in "sacrife" anymore. If it was "something", I would want a teacher. If you should hear of someone serious looking for a pupil, I'm interested. Thank you :)!!!
Old 10-08-2018, 10:07 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Honestly no, I came into this life with all that I am "ON" in that its open to me and that is that. There is no down time there is no "OFF" for me no matter what. Drink can suppress it, but that is not the way to go with things. I know too many sensitives that are also alcoholics. (but would never see or admit that in themselves.)

You have to embrace it and accept it as a part of the whole you are and then call on your Guides to help filter things out. Make time for yourself and know your not alone, none of us are ever alone.

When I came to accept me as me, to find those places that I could be me, and work as me I felt more complete. While there is never that time or space for me where I am alone, I too know there is a purpose for me being me.

The hardest part is being me, is that I "should charge a lot for me" seen by others that are "Professional" ( there is no such thing as being a Pro at anything) I feel. I work for free as never felt that calling for $$$$ from being me and not all can afford this help. But man I get the "heat" at times.

Lynn

Hi Lynn!

Yep, pretty much have embraced it. The funniest thing about alcohol with me is it does the opposite! Go figure. I don’t go overboard though. Obviously would not recommend someone to drink to enhance their ability either. Oh my goodness!

I don’t think I could ever be a “professional” medium and charge people as well. I think we all have these gifts for a reason.

I do take time for myself. It’s very important for me. I work out..ALOT. Water helps as well.

Thank you very much for responding!

Have a blessed day!
Old 17-11-2018, 01:46 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

I got off medication. It didn't help the pyhsical pain anymore. I got tired again continuously. I learned, that I must be HSP. Search for Elaine Arron for that topic. I'm done with medication. I doesn't really change anything. And only helps for weeks or monts at best.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:53 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGoGurl
Basically I am a medium with extremely sensitive Clairs...I do not want to be a medium anymore. I am having problems with being attacked by negative energies that will not leave me alone.

I do not have a history of mental illness at all. I am trying to figure out what to do.

Depending on your psychology, medication may or may not turn off your abilities. However, for sensitive individuals, it is counter-productive if you are trying to get rid of negative entities as any sort of drugs as a whole weaken spiritual defenses.
Old 11-03-2020, 01:25 AM
Newbie ;)

Hello,
Well lots of answers here, plenty to choose from. I do not know of one (or many) in particular, just know there are things that can block the channel, being a medium myself. You have to be as clear conduit as possible. There are days and times that is "on" and others that are "off", with or without medications/ stimulants/ alcohol/ whatever it may be. This is the part of being a human soul. Remember we choose this life and what we would bring in as our issues. :) We get to choose what it is we want to fight and what we don't.

That said, don't beat yourself up that only makes it worse. Love yourself and your energy will show that in your life and your readings.

Love and Light-K
Old 14-03-2020, 11:09 PM
Seeker

I don't really think medication blocks the psychic power
Old 16-03-2020, 01:15 AM
Pathfinder

It is importing to keep yourself closed when not working with spirits and grounded (remove energy that dosent belong to you/or too much of).

Try this-

Visualize each of your charka as a flower or drawer.

When working with the spirits (insure your grounded) starting from the root, visualize them as a bud, drawers etc opening up in a meditation.

To close visualize them closing from the crown down to the root in a meditation.
See a door close and lock-up infront of you or see yourself in a bodybag and zipping it up.

I visualizes roots shooting down into middle of earth and then use sitting in the power expanding. After am done, i will do the the opposite of sitting in the power to close along zipping myself up in a body bag with a little window to nosy lol.
Old 22-05-2020, 08:41 PM
Experiencer
Medication non effects mediumship

I thought exactly the same I attended a psychic development workshop the leader said he's never heard medications affecting psychic abilities then year's went by I was doing mediumship training with Gordon Smith and experienced my first actual spirit contact it was fantastic so no meds do affect abilities I suppose it depends how strong the meds are