Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 15-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Sounds like you are very serious! I'm sure you will reach your goal.

I would totaly quit eating all bread and pasta. If you haven't already.

I would also eat some yogurt daily. I would also eat menudo once in a while.

I would do those things because I feel the most important part of the body is the digestion system. Bread and pasta clogs up the plumbing. Its unhealthy and if your allergic can be real bad. Yogurt has lots of healthy bacteria. Very important for a healthy digestion system. Menudo is soup made out of intestines. That may sound gross but believe me people love it. The mexican resturaunts serve it on the weekends. Nothing heals a wounded part of the body better than eating what's wounded. Some people don't like it.

I would journal everything you eat. I would become a wizard of knowing everything I eat. I feel that would be important.

That's my 2 cents. I'm no expert at all. Good luck!
Old 16-05-2013, 01:06 PM
partofme

What has worked for me so far has been portion sizing, tracking my calories (about 1055 a day) and exercising when I go over. A net amount of about 800 is the highest I record. So say for instance your at your peak for the day or know you will be by planning ahead...then get out and do something that will burn those extra 200+ calories off. Keep your routine simple so youll stick to it and change up your exercise every couple days so your body doesnt become accustomed to it.
Old 16-05-2013, 01:52 PM
CJ82Sky

thanks for the feedback, running! yeah, i walked another 2.2 miles this AM and will do another 2-3 this afternoon. good, since i didn't do anything yesterday and we had a bake-off at the office for national chocolate chip day which definitely was not in the normal "diet" lol!

been eating greek yogurt a few times a week and that's good. and bread and pasta are really low on my list. switched to brown rice for my sushi, and even limit things like crackers, and wherever possible have the brown rice crackers rather than regular ones. i'm not a big carb person in that regards, and it's good that i really DO love veggies and what not. and cheese. i love cheese lol.
Old 16-05-2013, 01:54 PM
CJ82Sky

@partofme - limited in what i can mix up due to the knee surgery. so mostly it's walking. started with 1-2mi a few times a week, increased to 2-3mi. and this week did 5 mi on tues (split up between AM and PM), and 2.2 mi so far this morning with another 2-3mi this afternoon. i'll do probably about 3 mi tomorrow morning as well, then i travel home in the evening from the beach office back to the mountains (about a 3h drive) so it will be too late to do more when i get back. i also have PT 1-2x a week depending on my travel schedule so that helps. and when i'm home i'm also doing workouts with the kettlebell and 5# hand weights to tone the arms. hopefully that's mixing it up enough for now until i can add in things like jogging and jumping jacks, etc. if nothing else, i FEEL better so that counts for something!
Old 16-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Administrator
Hello

Two years ago now I was able to take off 100 pounds of me...then it all stalled no matter what I did nothing more would come off....the Dr said at times the body simply settles into memory mode. Where its in balance but its on that edge still of going back the other way. He told me it would be good to take off about 70 more....hmmmm.

Well that is now happening I am down 30 but it took changing how I viewed the weight I carried. Instead of seeing the body as being over weight I saw the body as only a body that case the Soul is housed in. In that I thought I owe the Soul more than I am giving. It changed how I view food, as I go now is that good for the Soul ? I have changed what I do for exercise too 5 days a week at the pool, and I do not swim....but treading water does the same without joint damages. I walk a ton....but again I know when the joints hurt that it that for a time.

Find a balance in eating and exercise....it has to be a daily balance I feel and one does really have to stop and think things out before one takes it into the mouth.....many times we simply eat on a time frame. 5 pm is dinner so even if we are not hungry we eat dinner....but lunch might still be sitting with us.

Lynn
Old 16-05-2013, 08:36 PM
CJ82Sky

haha course i just ate 3 cookies...then went for a quick walk. i feel another 3 miles coming on this evening! that will at least be a full week!

Mon - PT for 1h
Tues - 5 mi (split in two sessions)
Wed - off
Thurs - 5 mi (split in two sessions)
Fri - 2.5 mi

:) progress
Old 22-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Pathfinder
Ever heared of chia seeds? People say it does wonders.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:13 PM
CJ82Sky

ugh so i've been walking 3+ mi a day 3-4d a week for 3 weeks and eating well and 0. lost 0. and doing 3-4d a week 15 - 30 min with the kettle bell. PLUS PT 2d a week for my knee. how is it possible that nothing is changing?!?! so frustrated. anorexia is starting to look appealing. im not sure what else to do. did the juice diet (green smoothies) lost nothing, i've done everything!
Old 06-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Master

No it's all fine, the body has natural plateau points - which is annoying when you are losing weight but if you start to put weight on for some reason, then it works in your favour.

Also, bear in mind that muscle weighs more than fat. What you are looking for is a healthy, toned body - not necessarily what it says on the scales.

If you doing all that walking, try and vary the route a little (it will confuse your body no end!) and make sure you keep the protein levels up so the muscles have something to connect to to grow.

Think healthy.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:43 PM
CJ82Sky

thanks. ugh it's just still so frustrating. over a year of trying to lose weight and i've lost NOTHING, maybe a pound or two it makes NO sense at all. i seriously weighed 20 pounds less when i drank garbage beer and ate fried food (and wings) 3x a week or more. i just don't get why i simply can't lose anything no matter what i do. it's really disheartening.