Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssabugx3
i dont understand how he can go through that and then repeat the same actions. they differ some, his father was physically abusive, and he's just mentally/ emotionally abusive. he thinks its ok because 'its his house, he makes the money' blah blah. he'll buy them stuff, but that doesnt make up for the love my friend felt they lacked.
thankfully things have gotten better and hopefully continue that way
but being there for him doesnt feel like enough.. :/

Being there never feels like enough but it is the greatest gift you can give. It is stronger than doing or saying - just being and allowing your friend to be. Don't underestimate it. I will ask for the healing power of reconciliation - so that whatever the outcome, both father and son - and indeed you - can move forwards in a more positive way.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Administrator
Hey Alyssa,

Behaviour is learnt thats why your friends dad acts as he does,to him its normal.the greatest gift you can give your friend is time your ,time being there will be more precious than anything you can do.

Namaste
Old 04-07-2012, 09:21 PM
coolchic101

I think it is comforting for others to hear that he/she will be okay when in reality, we really can't predict the future.

The best advice I can give is to just be there for your friend for emotional support. Call them up on the phone to ask them how they are doing. If they want to talk, you listen. You have to pay attention on what advice you give them because if it doesn't turn out as you say, it can be held against you. I wouldn't offer advice unless I was asked just to be safe. If they ask for advice, tell them that it is only your opinion and they should find the best solution that works for them. Suggest to them to go out with you to a park or picnic for some fresh air and to get some sun. Take them to see a funny movie. Invite them over for a cup of coffee or tea.
When your friend has a good support system, they in turn, can be strong to be their loved one's support as well. :-)
Old 09-07-2012, 10:13 PM
stoic

thanks you guys. ive been looking into healing meditations, and am going to try to do one every day for him. i had the privilege of going to the beach the other day. i wanted to meditate there at night and asked my brother and his friend to come with me so i wouldnt worry about getting kidnapped :P at first i thought that i wouldnt have as good of a meditation since they were there, but it turned out to be pretty cool.

i asked God to give me properties of the elements, like healing from water, cleansing from fire, strength from earth, and i dont know much about air... i forgot what i asked to gain from air.
i'd done research on the archangels the night before. i called upon Michael to protect him. i figured it would be good since im trying to use spiritual works on him. i imagine he's feeling vulnerable and scared. i know that as far as spirituality, "we attract what we are" so i figured i should keep him safe while he's weak.
i also called upon Raphael and Chamuel.

i read somewhere that salt water will either neutralize or turn your negativity into positivity. we sat as close to the water as we could without getting wet, and every time i inhaled, i visualized taking my friend's dad's negativity. and every time i exhaled, i imagined it being cast into the ocean.

then i started using this meditation http://catalystyogi.com/2011/03/heal...nd-meditation/
i left out a couple details, like focusing on the heart center and "Fill the chest with Love and project PRANA like THUNDERBOLTS" and imagining being one with that person. those details slipped my mind.

i also visualized him laying on the shore with the waves washing over him, since ive read that water is a healing element. i imagined that with every wave that washed over him, i could see all the physical and emotional "dirt" being washed away.

when i opened my eyes, i was looking at the waves and my first thought was "they look like blankets", which added to the idea of comfort i was trying to have. i looked at the moon, but saw it was being covered by clouds. i looked for the stars, and saw the same thing. a thought popped into my mind saying "look at nature and see what its telling you". i then became really happy and couldnt stop smiling because the message i got from the stars and moon being hidden was that sometimes bad things happen, but itll be ok. the clouds will move. sure enough by the time we left, the clouds moved away and i was able to see the sky.

i looked at the clouds and could very clearly see a skull. i didnt know what to think of this, but it didnt bother me because i could also see a crescent moon and other shapes. i cant remember what they were; i wish i wouldve written this down the night of rather than a day later.

but it was a really nice experience and even though i had people with me and was kind of distracted, i was still given a message.

Last edited by stoic : 09-07-2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:53 AM
Shippo

Life is as natural as death, remember this and it should help =).
Old 28-08-2012, 08:52 AM
marry1

Thank you for you sharing.