Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 12-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Amberly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
hee hee, you are probably right Amberly, but it sure would be fun ! we could even add in a movie and come back and give film reviews, lol !

Lol we could
Old 12-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Deactivated Account

hi Starbuck,

I have always enjoyed the movie " Wizard of Oz " just as an enjoyable film,not looking deep into it.

" I've got several books on the psychology of Oz and also one on the spiritual aspects where it is compared to enlightenment." now , who would have guessed they had books like this ?

Amberly, a friend of mine also saw the play " Wicked " and really enjoyed it.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 12-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Amberly

Wicked is REALLY good. I have noticed theres some spiritual lines in some of their lyrics....or maybe thats just me.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Am I only one who swears by the spiritual philosophy of this film?

You are sensing the Divine Mystery woven into this storyline, it touches at a soul level when one is ready to progress.

I see myself as that little girl searching desperately for a way home...finally realising that home is within me.

Your consciousness wants to expand into what you are, so you search for your True home.

The storms of my life, the insecurity of strange lands, my inner shadow (witch), the inadequacy of my parents who I once worshipped as a God...all showed me this.

The home below is only a reflection of your True Home. Your earthly parents are just reflections of Divine parents and as a child you worship the reflection instead of the Light.

Also, throughout my path I learned that the things I craved most, such as beauty and intelligence and courage/faith...I had them within. I only needed someone to point it out.

YES! The field of opposites contains both -/+ , but be careful to cling to neither. Courage is found to overcome Fear, courage is not a lack of fear, it is Strength in spite of Fear. Later the opposites merge back together in harmony.

"You don't need to be helped any longer...you always had the power to go back to Kansas." (Good Witch).

At the end of her journey, she found her True Self and needed no more guidance. She always carried within.... the way home.

"Now I know I've got a heart...because it's breaking." (The Tin Man).

Yes, the heart is strongly attached to this place(earth) and so it must break or we would be stuck here forever. After the tin man realized this he was home too.

We're all guilty of thinking we don't match up, that what we crave is out there somewhere, and that to find it we mustn't stray off course, we have to stay safe, the Wizard will help, we just have to stay on the right road.

We all stray off course, of course. lol~ The important part is to return back to the path until the path is no more.

What a journey to realise we had that power all along, but hey, we need that journey to see it

We only needed the journey because we wandered off.....

Hurrah for Yellow Brick Roads

You have all the insight you need now.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for that lovely post Racer, it has summed it all up really! I have always used that film as the basis for my spiritual understanding.

Okay...books.

My personal favourite is The Zen of Oz by Joey Green. It discusses the story as a journey towards spiritual enlightenment.

Then there is The Wizard Of Oz and philosophy by Randall E Auxier which is a more in depth psychological view of the story.

The Yellow Brick Road by William J Bausch is another extremely good book about Oz as a spiritual journey.

Finally, The Wisdom of Oz by Gita Dorothy Morena is a book by a Jungian sandplay therapist who discusses Oz from a therapy angle.

All very good and highly recommended. The only thing to be aware of is that if you enjoy the magic of the film you may find these books are too analytical for your liking. If you don't like to scrutinise every little symbol or story to the bare bones then these may not be for you. I personally love to dissect because I'm a budding psych, but others may not like it. The spiritual enlightment books are exceptionally good though. The psychology books can go a bit far in the analytical stakes at times.
Old 16-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Deactivated Account

I just enjoy the magic in the film, I think I will leave the books for others.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 17-11-2010, 02:51 AM
Master
Caroline Myss has a fabulous workshop focused on the spiritual "secret meaning" of Wizard of Oz on her website which you can download and save: http://www.myss.com/CMED/media/ you have to scroll down to the bottom. It's called "Taking the Yellow Brick Road." Apparently the author Frank Baum was part of the Theosophical society so a lot of their ideas are interwoven. There's no place like home!
Old 29-07-2022, 04:26 AM
Bambo

I love this movie!!!

I didnt know that before 1989 it was left WITH ITS ORIGINAL colours in the beg. (Black and white)

I have a 1980 VHS release which is goregous!