Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 09-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Deactivated Account
Wizard of Oz

Am I only one who swears by the spiritual philosophy of this film?

I see myself as that little girl searching desperately for a way home...finally realising that home is within me.

The storms of my life, the insecurity of strange lands, my inner shadow (witch), the inadequacy of my parents who I once worshipped as a God...all showed me this.

Also, throughout my path I learned that the things I craved most, such as beauty and intelligence and courage/faith...I had them within. I only needed someone to point it out.

"You don't need to be helped any longer...you always had the power to go back to Kansas." (Good Witch).

"Now I know I've got a heart...because it's breaking." (The Tin Man).

We're all guilty of thinking we don't match up, that what we crave is out there somewhere, and that to find it we mustn't stray off course, we have to stay safe, the Wizard will help, we just have to stay on the right road.

What a journey to realise we had that power all along, but hey, we need that journey to see it

Hurrah for Yellow Brick Roads
Old 09-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Amberly

I absolutely adore this film. It's a timeless classic. I've never actually thought about it in a spiritual way before but i agree with every you said in your post. Totally unrelated but have you also see the musical Wicked? I loved the way they explained the story, a bit like a sideways angle of the original. How the tin man became the tin man, lion, scarecrow etc...and how the Wicked Witch of the West, Elphaba wasn't really wicked after all. Sigh....i've made myself want to visit London to see it again! lol
Old 11-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Deactivated Account
Hi Amberly

Glad you like it too! It gives incredible insight into spiritual growth and also the therapy jourrney if studied from different angles. I've got several books on the psychology of Oz and also one on the spiritual aspects where it is compared to enlightenment. I can give you any titles if you're interested.

I haven't seen Wicked sadly but would love too. I will definitely look out for it now!!
Old 11-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Master
I'm really into films like this, and your post actually brought out a tear or two.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Master
I like the Wizard Of Oz too. But I prefer Mary Poppins. But they are both magical films IMO.

These fims will be watched as long as there is a humanity to watch them.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Amberly

Hi Starbuck, I'd be interested in knowing those book titles. I'm in need of some retail therapy
Old 12-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberly
I'm in need of some retail therapy

did I hear someone mention retail therapy ? let's go shopping !

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 12-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Amberly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
did I hear someone mention retail therapy ? let's go shopping !

Dream Angel xx

Lol! If we went shopping together we'd bankrupt ourselves!
Old 12-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Master
This is all very interesting Starbuck, I'm going to watch OZ again and really take notice, myself I love Alice in wonderland, there is something deep about it.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Deactivated Account

hee hee, you are probably right Amberly, but it sure would be fun ! we could even add in a movie and come back and give film reviews, lol !

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction