Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-08-2022, 07:37 AM
asearcher

The spirit's abilities

I have heard the expression that people who are more spiritually open are suppose to be more advanced spirits and that this is somehow a reward then given from the good side.

I have thought about that and I have to say it goes in contrast to what I have experienced the negative side, low levels or where ever they now are on the spectrum, the hierarchic, as they then too are right on it; having abilities.

I have come to the conclusion that we as spirit all have the same abilities and it has nothing to do with our spiritual development, it is just a matter of knowing how to access it, and that we would know, all of them, once we return to spirit, our natural form, out of this body, once we remember.

Am I wrong for thinking that?

What abilities do you think we spirit have, and what abilities have you yourself experienced? It would be real interesting to know, and to compare?
Old 07-08-2022, 08:25 AM
Master
I’m not one to seperate abilities into human or spirit but more just look at it through eyes of what I am able to experience and be as myself.

I’m more inclined to use the words ‘being your authentic self” over advancement. I think doing the work in yourself, builds a clearer knowing if who and what you can do.

What kind of spiritual abilities do you relate too, in spiritual advancement?

I’d agree with the ‘more open you are’ without resistance fear or grief (encompassing all aspects of it) allows you to use abilities more clear. Things like sensory, intuition, clear feeling, clear knowing, do open when your clear of all those things. It’s like you can connect to them more directly be open and aware of things within you and outside of you.

There is also uniqueness in people but I think potential exists within all. It’s just what feels connected and right for a person where they reside.

People ultimately just want to be free to be themselves. Learn who they are and enjoy learning and growing through all things life offers.

Our personality type and main archetype often determines what we choose in life as both purpose and way to grow, heal and live.
Old 09-08-2022, 04:53 AM
asearcher

Thank you JustBe for sharing, interesting from your perspective, the authentic self, haven't though of it like that before.

I pretty much think all abilities that mediums, psyscic have to be natural part of the spirit.

When I have had in between lives experiences the ones I would later find answer on this forum and a documentary for others to too have had were these:

-see into the future
-think of someone and then be there with that someone, just like that. Feeling their emotions.

I have tried to think of more if I have missed something as this was now such a long time ago I had these experiences, but haven't yet. If I come up with something I'll add it here :)
Old 09-08-2022, 05:06 AM
Master
I think abilities in the things you have selected, are potentials for sure. I’m not sure why some have them more aware and why others have no interest. Perhaps it’s just the life chosen to live through those openings or abilities.

Most empaths can identify with those kinds of things, in being able to read and feel emotions in others. Empaths are born as empaths and sometimes it takes time to learn you are one.

I think as uniqueness we each carry certain traits and personalities and purpose within a whole dynamic of self but I don’t think it’s entirely set in stone. Potentials are abound and if something is in you wanting to be realuzed it often will be.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:02 PM
Master
Wowza... internet or forum glitch?
Old 09-08-2022, 05:03 PM
Master
Wowza... internet or forum glitch?
Old 09-08-2022, 05:08 PM
Master
Great... I wrote a reply, it appeared 6 times, I try to fix it, now my post has gone. Oh well... no reply it is. Not going to type it again.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:59 PM
SpectralDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
I have come to the conclusion that we as spirit all have the same abilities and it has nothing to do with our spiritual development, it is just a matter of knowing how to access it,
Frankly I doubt anyone really knows how Spirit actually perceives and I'm a clairsentient medium.

Most of the abilities are hereditory, I've gained mine from three generations of mediums and one of my daughters would be a medium if she had the inclination. That doesn't meant to say it's exclusively hereditory though. Everybody has the potential to have any ability the same as anybody has the inherent ability to be a concert pianist. I can't process music, much to the chagrain of my Mrs who has tried a few times. Spirituality has nothing to do with it.

I'd guess that abilities or not has more to do with Life Purpose as much as anything else, the other factor involved is in our own consciousness. For example - "Advanced Spirits?" Who decides and by what criteria? How is it measured or is it really judgement as set against personal definition? I personally know a few Old Souls who want nothing to do with Spirituality.
Old 09-08-2022, 07:14 PM
Ascender

In some ways, you are right. Yes we all have the same abilities. I feel though, that the ones who are more spiritually open, are those who have learned the lessons which they have incarnated into this life to learn, and become more spiritually advanced as a result.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:54 PM
Administrator
We are all spirit no Exceptions some of us are more open to communicating with spirit than others,
That does not , make us any better than anyone else.
we all have the same ability.

Some people need more training in how to do it, I was born with it so i know no different.
But that does not make me any more important than anyone else

Namaste