Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-07-2022, 08:13 PM
Master
I believe in separation of church and state myself, I wonder what influence the humans on the supreme court have? Their wives? World affairs? Religions have interesting power , I have seen it over myself even here , a website. Favoritism in religion is stunning, especially Christianity and Islam. Whew! Stunning influence, even unseen influence, but the scriptures say unseen forces can sway in high places. In Col.1:16 Jesus has invisible sway in high places , in vs 18 he is the head of the church and I think Satan mimicks Christ where and how he can, I know he goes into these high places camouflaged in stunning array looking just like the Christ would to people even when they vote. It would be foolish of me to believe Satan is not mixed in the high powers of this world.
Old 27-07-2022, 08:42 PM
Master
The church is burning when prejudice exists in it's ranks.. when one church thinks it's the stuff and expects to be treated like that.
When the church implodes it's because Christ stands at the door and knocks.
Old 28-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Master
What should the church stance be on the gay life? Well it should be against It and all other sins. But now in the age of political correctness, many churches stay silent on gay issues. God forgives homosexuality like any other sin, but it's still sin. Sin is sin. No sinner is excluded from salvation in my view. It takes courage to define sin
Old 28-07-2022, 03:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
What should the church stance be on the gay life?
Well maybe they should take their clue from God and be forgiving. Homosexuality is a nice target for the ‘churches’….something to focus on rather than their own numerous sins. Look at the so called Bible Belt. Home to perhaps the greatest concentration of racists and bigots. If anyone thinks that Jesus was angry when He overturned the tables in the temple think of his response in this modern day Babylon. I have to believe that He might denounce many churches as having become temples of judgement. A lot of churches could do well(and be truthful) to rename themselves as The First Church of Pharisees…….
Old 28-07-2022, 05:17 PM
Master
Yes indeed Molearner , very well written.
Old 28-07-2022, 05:32 PM
Master

True religion is an admirable and worthy concept. The etymology of ‘religion’ from the Latin…means to reconnect with God…to reestablish the relationship to the divine. True spiritual seekers….(both in and out of the church)….understand and desire this. Many have legitimate reasons to believe that many churches do little to facilitate this process. I do not believe that this is done intentionally or with malice…..it is simply that they have lost the needed focus…it boils down to a matter of ignorance. Oddly enough the church has morphed into tribalism and can easily end up being an established ego support system. Our joy becomes associating with those who agree with our beliefs and prejudices…..in this day and age that especially means politics……..
Old 28-07-2022, 05:47 PM
Master
Yes indeed churches have lost focus , and their first love. Jesus had that against his church in Revelation 2nd chapter. In my view that first love was a clear understanding of salvation. When a church looses that, they are lost and turned out.
Old 28-07-2022, 06:45 PM
Master

I want to expand on the ego support system.

A good place to start is Luke 14:26…..”If anyone comes to me and does not HATE his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple.” The more palatable version is Matthew 10:37…”Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me…etc….is not worthy of me.” I prefer the Luke version that uses ‘hate’. Why ? Because Jesus is using shock therapy here….it is a challenge because it is so counterintuitive that it demands us to interpret it to gain understanding. You must understand ‘father’ and ‘mother’ in a greatly expanded context. Understand father and mother(and all the others) to mean your tribe, your country, your church…..everything in your culture that influences you and gives birth to your concepts and prejudices.

It represents a call to abandon duality. All of these mentioned influences become one’s ego support system. They encourage you to judge and to conclude that you are good(in relation to others). This is your own ‘life’…..a reflection of your ego. The ego was the original separator from God. When Adam and Eve realized that they were naked that denotes the birth of the ego……realizing that they were separate and distinct from God. In my earlier post I spoke that the ideal of religion is to reconnect with God…

One more thing: Jeremiah 31:33-34….this speaks of ‘putting the law in our minds and writing it on our hearts’….(giving us conscience and Spirit) and also saying that no longer ‘will a man teach his brother…etc….’ They will no longer be your support system….no need for an intermediator…it will be you and God…in unity.
Old 28-07-2022, 07:16 PM
Master

I know that I am so unkind to the ego……:). I know that many will rush to defend it. It is real, no doubt. But if Satan is real(which I could doubt) and has power then, perhaps, it is his gift to us to insure our survival in this world. Jesus clearly said that His kingdom is not of this world…it is the domain of Satan. Jesus did pray to the Father for His will be done on earth as it is in heaven. That tells me that his will is not done on earth….otherwise why pray for it ? If it is God’s will that is done in heaven then it implies that our will is not operative in heaven….ergo no will=no ego in heaven…
Old 29-07-2022, 07:49 AM
Master
The church burns when it can save up millions of dollars and have no homeless program. No food programs, no given ng back to the community.