Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 09-12-2021, 02:11 PM
Viswa

Upanishads

Atlast....

Everyone, Upanishads are only for Liberation, by attaining "Sat-chit-Ananda" or Purusha or Brahman or Atman or GOD or whatever name one calls.

The Maha-vakhiyas are MANTHRAS, to be repeated for enlightenment and release from Bondage, and it is said so in "Sukra Rahasya Upanishad"

The Enlightened Gurus, teach one thing to one disciple, and another thing to another disciple, based on his perceptions,
-like to One,
"I am the world, I am the sun,moon, I am the space,air,fire,water,sky, I am the body,mind,intellect, I am all-pervading, etc.."
- and to another,
"I am neither world nor body etc.."
- and to some other,
"I am neither being nor non-being neither bondage nor liberation"
- and to few,
"I am existence-consciousness-bliss, and other all mithya"

Like this, based on the disciple's nature, Manthras are said by the Guru, to be perceived for Liberation. It is considered as Knowledge for repeating as a Manthra only for Liberation, to attain the Purusha dwelling in HEART.

Every upanishad is to put an end to wordly pleasures, and prefer liberation by sticking to one manthra uttered by GURU, and concentrating on that manthra always to reach the "Supreme".

"I am THAT" is a manthra uttered to merge with "that", in what form one thinks 'that' as. If one thinks "THAT" as Swarga - he attains swarga and falls again to world in time. If one thinks "THAT" as 'Sat-chit-ananda", then he reaches the supreme abode, and rebirth comes to an end.

"AUM" is Manthra, repeated again and again by concentrating as "ONE" brings liberation from three states.

In Muktika Upanishad too, it is been said, Mandukya is enough for Knowledge to attain my abode. If knowledge is not got by Mandukya, then other Upanishads, to reach HIM, the BLISS.

All Manthras/words/images/form is uttered for not knowledge but for IDENTIFICATION as "One with THAT" for liberation.

The Knowledge is, "Everything is One self, Ishvara-Jiva-Prakriti is all ONE. Non-duality or Advaitam, is the END, where the combining of Purusha and Prakriti comes to an end and falls of, whole universe disappears, TOTAL PEACE, or nothingness as Buddha said. All this Prakriti (body,mind,intellect) is Karmic - so one should cut off his longing to these pleasures, which covers the BLISS behind as the whole," and by knowing that, one's pleasure from worldly things should be put off by the Manthra uttered by his GURU, and attain THE SUPREME ONE - Ishvara, who is the highest form of BRAHMAN, who is dwelling in the HEART of everyone/everything, full of BLISS. It is the Knowledge imparted to Nachiketa too in Katha Upanishad.

The Jnana in Jnana Yoga is, "Attachment to changing is the cause of pleasure-pain-sufferings, and detachment is liberation", by repeating manthras like "I am neither attached nor detached, neither bondage nor liberation, chit-ananda rupah -sivam I am", to discriminate and be detached and one will come to feel the BLISS and abiding in it continuously by the manthra.

This Knowledge of all Upanishads is uttered in chapter 13, verse 5-12 of Bhagavad Gita. Also discrimination between Prakriti and Purusha, Kshetra and Kshetrajna - and this is said in same chapter 13, verse 13 to 35 end, and this is to reach his destination.

https://www.holy-bhagavad-gita.org/chapter/13

Also, here, https://www.holy-bhagavad-gita.org/chapter/2 , 2.54 to 2.76 end.

Also, here, https://www.holy-bhagavad-gita.org/chapter/7 , this whole chapter is full of Knowledge.

One reaches the Supreme Purusha, Sat-chit-ananda and from there, when universe disappears, dissolves in Non-duality, in ETERNAL PEACE and doesn't have sense of "I AM". Again from non-duality to duality, by merging of Purusha and Prakriti, universe comes and the jivas who were not liberated in previous universe, takes birth and it goes on endlessly.

These Manthras are the Powerful Thorns, used for removing the Karmic Thorn, and both is thrown when when is liberated, as said by Ramakrishna.

Devotion/ I am Brahman (or any manthras even buddhists,etc..)/ Kriyas / Karma-yoga, or anything doesn't matter, but to put away the worldly bondage/thoughts/pleasures - to end sufferings - they are the MEANS.

Om Shanthi Shanthi Shanthi.

Last edited by Viswa : 09-12-2021 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-12-2021, 05:49 PM
MAYA EL

I've never given you the Upanishads the time of day have they not been an intricate part of my Awakening years ago.

Back before I started my journey I was strictly Christian I had not studied anything that wasn't the Bible or commentary on Bible but when my awakening started shortly afterwards I had a dream one night and in that dream 3 nicely dressed in very nice robes were these 3 priest or wise men and they were going around telling everybody about how great the upanishads were and just over and over and over again telling everybody and they came over to me and told me and I said what on Earth is an upanishad? They looked at each other with amazement and said you don't know what it is? And then they proceeded to tell me how great it was and wouldn't stop talking LOL I ended up walking away from them and they followed me talking about it and then I woke up and I had never heard the word upanishad before so I googled it to see if it was even a real word and lo and behold it's real lol
Old 18-01-2022, 09:31 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
... I had a dream one night and in that dream 3 nicely dressed in very nice robes were these 3 priest or wise men and they were going around telling everybody about how great the upanishads were and just over and over and over again telling everybody and they came over to me and told me and I said what on Earth is an upanishad?
Wow...what a Dream
We soul r in a journey...the more we experience, more we come close to liberation through Knowledge. "The Knowledge of self."
When we attain all stages of experiences the final awakening which we call spiritual awakening happens through the Knowledge of self which is who I am.

The upanishads are the Knowledge of self. All religions and all experiences actually points out this knowledge but we are so dwelled in these bodies that we simply ignore the truth.
I hope u have started reading upanishads.
Ur guides are giving u a clear sign

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 18-01-2022 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 18-01-2022, 11:37 AM
Color

I've heard of this happening...learning about something in a dream that you never knew about!
Btw, bye, Viswa, best wishes.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-01-2022, 01:13 PM
MAYA EL

The upanishads are the Knowledge of self. All religions and all experiences actually points out this knowledge but we are so dwelled in these bodies that we simply ignore the truth.
I hope u have started reading upanishads.
Ur guides are giving u a clear sign[/QUOTE

Yes I've read alot if not all of the upanishads and I have to agree that all all ancient literature is centered around either obtaining immortality or knowing one so or trying to get back to the state we were before the fall or somebody's formula to supposedly achieve the state but regardless they're all centered around knowing the self some are more twisted and diluted due to corrupt governments throughout the years than others but nonetheless The narrative is still visible if you look hard enough but ironically it remains invisible to the people within those religions singularly it's funny how life works something can be a telescope and a blinder all in one
Old 19-01-2022, 08:42 AM
Knower

Yes I've read alot if not all of the upanishads and I have to agree that all all ancient literature is centered around either obtaining immortality or knowing one so or trying to get back to the state we were before the fall or somebody's formula to supposedly achieve the state but regardless they're all centered around knowing the self some are more twisted and diluted due to corrupt governments throughout the years than others but nonetheless The narrative is still visible if you look hard enough but ironically it remains invisible to the people within those religions singularly it's funny how life works something can be a telescope and a blinder all in one[/quote]

All the literature or core of religion says this...but we humans keep skipping the core msg and dwell on something else...
Bible says- ye shall know the truth and truth shall make u free..
Here the truth is the truth of our own self...who am I.
Same goes with other religious scripture...
Upnishads are direct saying these things...

When I had my awakening these knowledge came through me via visions, thoughts, dreams...through my guides and gurus...

In a simple human language if u want to grasp it then i would recommend u to read "Ramtha-the white book" and "The conversation with God."

These books were guided to me and these books answers my doubts and show me the reality.
Old 19-01-2022, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredPrayers7777
All the literature or core of religion says this...but we humans keep skipping the core msg and dwell on something else...
Excuse me...''some humans'' may...sure.
You don't hear the name Ramtha much anymore..I always liked him. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-01-2022, 03:48 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Excuse me...''some humans'' may...sure.
You don't hear the name Ramtha much anymore..I always liked him. :)

U r right...
And Ramtha...yes he is my favorite...
It's only through his book I was able to clear my doubts...
Old 19-01-2022, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredPrayers7777
And Ramtha....
Turns out that White Book is almost a collectable -I have so many books sitting here...
I decided to get his Beginner's book to Ramtha...more than half the price.
Let's see if I ever get to it!