Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 30-11-2021, 01:02 AM
Knower
testing/disrepecting the oracle ?

can you disrpspect the oracle (tarot and lenormand and i ching etc?)

about the i ching i have been told you need to respect it so i wonder what are people thoughts about this (also the i ching has a hexegram (4) that is kind of a warning that if you ask stupid stuff you wont get more answers from it)

and what people here think about testing this oracles ? (asking the exact same question to see if you get same results or asking question from the pure intent to test the oracle )
Old 17-11-2022, 05:08 AM
Pathfinder

No 4, "Youthful Folly" also refers to (1) a question asked by a person who already knows exactly what the answer would say, if it were to be completely accurate.

It does not only refer to (2) a person who asks too many questions of the I Ching.

It also reports to the Questioner that (3) there will be a question, sooner or later, that they must answer for themselves. These are the 3 commonest reasons for coining the 4th Hexagram.
Old 17-11-2022, 03:39 PM
Ascender
I feel like I'm disrespecting the cards if I think a negative thought about them because I know they are magic ~ so if all of the sudden I have a thought that they are a fraud or not magic ~ then I feel like I'm not being truthful

maybe sometimes I don't want to read cards ~ but every time I touch them I see card magic happening ~ they let me know that they are real
Old 03-02-2023, 07:17 PM
Knower

Tarot and oracle cards are just tools at the end of the day. They are pieces of paper or cardboard or whatever with symbols on them. I am oversimplifying this, and I am an animist of sorts, but it is important to know that.

All of our reality reflects back to us. So when you ask a question, and pull cards, what you see and read is a reflection of your energy, what is going on within yourself.

If you keep asking the cards or testing the deck, then you will get mixed results. Why? Because if you need to keep asking, that means you do not trust the message. So you will get mixed messages, because you feel mixed in your trust of the message.

Similarly with testing, it is fine to do so. I certainly did that in my early days. But I did it with the intention of learning how best to work with my gifts or with cards. So that I could evolve and grow. Not to see if it was real or not.

So test a bit, that is fine. But if you overdo it, that is a sign of mistrust. And so you will get mixed answers that make you mistrust even further.
Old 04-02-2023, 08:03 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
about the i ching i have been told you need to respect it ...

My own observation is that the I Ching, at its core is a male-female pair of intelligences. They do like to be treated with respect.
Old 06-02-2023, 12:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
can you disrpspect the oracle (tarot and lenormand and i ching etc?) about the i ching i have been told you need to respect it
what people here think about testing this oracles ? (asking the exact same question to see if you get same results or asking question from the pure intent to test the oracle )

I think all things need to be tried and proven in order to find factuals.
Disrespecting a thing however is not a thing that I would do.
Just love it and you'll be on the right track.

utopiandreamchild