Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 12-10-2021, 06:18 PM
Ascender
Writing your book

I was going to say book of shadows ~ but there are a lot of different names for the book

so ~ anyway I was wondering what is best to color with in your book for long life durability

colored pencils
crayons
ink
markers
paint
printer

what do you use ?

also what kind of paper do you use for long life durability ?

what do you call your book ?
Old 13-10-2021, 02:24 AM
Ascender
do you use a computer ?

what programs and equipment do you use/need ?
Old 14-10-2021, 02:18 AM
Master
Hi

A Book of Shadows (BOS) is where I record my spells while I treat my grimoire like a journal for my spiritual path. There's no set rules as to what you use the books for so you can do what you want with them. I call my BOS a Book of Spells.

If you want long life for paper use cardstock paper as it's acid free. I haven't seen any other kind of paper labelled as such but any paper that's acid free is a good choice for longevity. Cardstock is also a bit thicker compared to regular looseleaf paper.

As for ink, you can get pens that contain archival ink which lasts longer than other inks. I got a set at Michael's.

As for my own books, I have a combination of paper and computer. The paper is a mix of binders, notebooks and looseleaf paper that I have out so I can take quick notes. On the laptop I use WordDoc as it's a lot easier for me to add and change things around that I can't do on paper plus I can decorate it.

If you're going to draw and such in your BOS and/or grimoire, I suggest you get a spray can that's specific for covering and protecting pencil drawings so they don't smudge on other paper. I'm not sure if it'd work on paints so check the labels. I think the can is a fixative which I saw in Michael's.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 15-10-2021, 05:09 PM
Master
My personal books are written records of my spiritual path. I am more interested with getting information down than the looks of it. I write in pencil.

The books contain divination sessions including oracle and tarot, scrying, and pendulum. Some books I am writing for specific purpose. I have a book where I note down experiences with spirits and meditative states.
Some books have images, I have a book based on the Catholic folk tradition taught to me by my grandmother. In this I have drawings.

I am not too pressed at the moment for copying over the pencil in something more permanent. I need some decent pens.
Old 16-10-2021, 10:15 PM
Ascender
everything about about my book I purchased at goodwill

I have a pretty nice book ~~ I am just starting ~ right now i am using 100% cotton paper ~ so it's acid free ~ I'm using pencil right now on a huge project ~ I'll probably go over it in ink when I color it ~ I have colored pencils for my coloring project but I think I'm going to find something else to use besides pencils

the only thing I have purchased for my book outside of goodwill is a tracing pad

I would like to have a desktop publishing set up and use a computer ~ But I don't have all that right now ~ I still have a great book

Last edited by Hologram8 : 17-10-2021 at 01:42 AM.
Old 31-10-2021, 12:36 PM
Seeker

Hello everyone 😊 I would love to start my own book about my life, stumbling on this post today has made me think more about it, thank you
Old 25-01-2022, 05:40 PM
Ascender
as of now it looks like I will be using colored pencils in my book

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...6CYWdxEYxIKV2m
Old 15-02-2022, 10:04 PM
Ascender
waterproof ink and water colors

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...mL3bj7HnCKIN5g
Old 16-02-2022, 05:40 PM
Ascender
ink
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...z8-Iw8WdiQ9hU6
Old 16-11-2022, 03:22 AM
Seeker
I have so many...
It is kinda a sickness and obsession I think lol

I have my BOS - book of shadow which is where I record stuffs - laws, information etc etc... It is more casual and I love to just take notes and sometimes if I pull Tarot cards and it feels like a HUGE message from the Universe I write it in there too...."

Then I have my Grimoire... In there I record my Rituals - only after it has worked - I kinda do a sorta Spell weaving into my BOS and then when it has worked I will transcribe it into my grimoire...

Then I also have A book of Life.... It is a book about the Plants and their Holistic properties. From the Corporeal to the Ethereal properties. Everything from fiber to spirit.

And then I have my Shadow Work Journal - into which I sometimes write dreams as well... as well as information about lucid dreaming and stral travels etc...

And I have a journal for Tarot entries but I honestly kinda did away with that now lol

I just use pen's so far...and Watercolor for my drawings and paintings :)

OH and I forgot I have a BOS on my Computer too - that one I mostly use when I have to write A LOT - becasue I can type so much faster than write by hand....

Putting it like this I might have a slight journal hoarding problem lol