Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 30-07-2021, 06:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
The words in italics are Merton's, the line above it is my own summary of the preceding paragraph.Hope that helps..... .)
Thanks for the quick response……:). But it does not help me….sorry. I agree with Merton……mercy is above justice and it is illogical…..justice is given to the aggrieved party while mercy is granted to the guilty party. Under law that makes no sense. It is the prerogative of God(or the judge if he so chooses). For all practical purposes mercy and grace are synonymous. We cannot say that the guilty party recieves justice by being given mercy….that, in effect, is saying that the guilty deed was justified. We can say, however, that the guilty was given the grace of mercy. Grace and mercy do not morph into law…..they both stand alone by their own uniqueness.
Old 30-07-2021, 06:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Thanks for the quick response……:). But it does not help me….sorry. I agree with Merton……mercy is above justice and it is illogical…..justice is given to the aggrieved party while mercy is granted to the guilty party. Under law that makes no sense. It is the prerogative of God(or the judge if he so chooses). For all practical purposes mercy and grace are synonymous. We cannot say that the guilty party recieves justice by being given mercy….that, in effect, is saying that the guilty deed was justified. We can say, however, that the guilty was given the grace of mercy. Grace and mercy do not morph into law…..they both stand alone by their own uniqueness.
Yes, I agree with Merton!

Old 30-07-2021, 06:30 PM
Master

Now that we are speaking of grace and mercy does this not demonstrate the wisdom of God ? In his wisdom He, in a way, accepts fault for granting us free will…… the means and the cause for all disobedience. But in his omnipotence He has the last call…..using his reserved power.
Old 30-07-2021, 06:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobbler's Apprentice
Yes, I agree with Merton! That was the whole point. Maybe I was unclear, but really, having posted the OP I would have thought it was fairly obvious where I was coming from.

I do understand that because you said pre-eminence…. I was sidetracked by the sentence that preceded the Merton quote.
Old 30-07-2021, 06:40 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I do understand that because you said pre-eminence…. I was sidetracked by the sentence that preceded the Merton quote.

Sorry, I was getting confused. After my first paragraph, my next sentence preceding Merton's quote simply summed up that paragraph. Mercy/grace have morphed back into Law and have therefore been negated/denied. Terrible!

I edited after your response.
Old 30-07-2021, 06:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Hopefully we have sorted out the confusion. It has been a long, hard day, particularly for a 72 year old. My mind is tired.

Thank you for your interest.

Old 30-07-2021, 07:00 PM
Master

You’re a youngster…..I’m 76……:)😊
Old 30-07-2021, 08:50 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
You’re a youngster…..I’m 76……:)��
Ah ha! I'll try to make allowances in future.
Old 30-07-2021, 10:31 PM
Anyone have an example of sheer grace in the Bible?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-07-2021, 10:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Anyone have an example of sheer grace in the Bible?
If these are votes:
Matthew 4:19…..”Come follow me, Jesus said…”. The personal invitation was an act of grace….

John 4:26…..”Then Jesus declared, ‘I who speak to you am he’ “……a personal revelation….

John 8:11…..”Then neither do I condemn you, Jesus declared….”….forgiven on the spot….

The list could be very long……