Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-01-2021, 08:57 PM
BJ: Never talk to a Buddhist and say the word God. Hahahaha

Then, a Hindu would have no problem with a He or Creator or Father or Lover or God.
They would think mainly of Krishna - or Vishnu - or Shiva....right?
You Hindu friends out there?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-01-2021, 09:21 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If a person doesn't believe in God like some Buddhist do...... how would they have a Heavenly 'Father'?

What kind of answer would you get from a Hindu if you ask them about their 'Heavenly Father'?

But if you look at the Original Poster's question, it deal with Jesus being the mediator between God not who is the God/god over their perspective religion.

BigJohn,

You seem to be well versed on Buddhism so perhaps you are knowledgeable if they have a creation story. Every living person is the result of a procession of fathers.....as was Buddha. The present day Buddhists have people whose ancestors were not Buddhists. Monotheists conveniently(and logically in theri minds) connect their lineage to a creator God. I suppose the alternative could be that mankind appeared in mass without anyone that could be called the original man. We adapt and accept creation stories and religions.....accepting them as true beliefs. But as I previously stated just because we accept a certain belief does not mean that that belief is true. 'Father' then and of itself can be seen as a topic of debate.....i.e. was there an original father ? Perhaps it comes down to this: Do we judge people as they are or must we take into account their lineage before we form an opinion ? In no way does it bother me that all people are not Christians....people are religious based on the revelations or understandings they have accepted.
Old 05-01-2021, 09:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
BJ: Never talk to a Buddhist and say the word God. Hahahaha

Then, a Hindu would have no problem with a He or Creator or Father or Lover or God.
They would think mainly of Krishna - or Vishnu - or Shiva....right?
You Hindu friends out there?

Strange thing is............ the Buddhists I personally know, do believe in God.

As for Hinduism, I had to go to a predominate Buddhist country to find a huge statue of Trimurti. From there, I found out Trimurti is the Hindu Supreme God.

The Hindu Trinity consists of Vishnu, Shiva and Brahman which make up Trimurti.

Odd that you mentioned 'Lover'...........
When I first saw a huge statue of Trimurti, people were going to him for ...... 'love' issues. LOL!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 05-01-2021, 09:36 PM
Master
Quote:
The Hindu Trinity consists of Vishnu, Shiva and Brahman which make up Trimurti.

I do wonder if that is universally true in Hinduism. Something tells me it's not the case..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
@Altair: I have to say a pronoun for God when writing; all authors know that so usually say that from the start...that we all know
He has no gender and is Spirit.
(But I gotta tell ya ---when you have exp'd God up close and personal ---it is so magnificently, gloriously, powerful the whole encounter 'seems' masculine.)
So I understand why civilizations have said 'He'.
BUT!

If someone their whole life worshiped God as the Divine Goddess - I betcha if God visited them He could come as an
Angelic beautiful Goddess/Mother. Me personally, I am NOT saying 'It'.
I fig if Jesus can say Abba, Father, He ---it's good enough for me.

Yes, I can understand why much of civilization says God is a ''he''. Many associate the magnificent and powerful with the masculine. To me it doesn't necessarily makes sense, due to what spirituality is often correlated with, but to each their own. Then there's angels. Every time I read something anywhere about 'angels' I instantly picture a female being. I suppose many people think about male angels instead because of scriptures.
Old 05-01-2021, 09:47 PM
Master

This discussion caused me to think that the vast majority of believers of any and all religions are cultural believers.....this most certainly includes Christians. Our original 'faith' was actually faith in our parents, faith in our culture, and faith in our intellect. Christianity differs from other religions because in its purest sense it believes in the concept of grace. The scripture says...."faith comes by grace".....i.e faith itself is a gift of God.

It reminds me of a troublesome verse of the Bible....Luke 14:26....(paraphrased)....."unless you hate your mother and father you cannot be a disciple of mine". That informs me if your Christian faith was inherited from your family and culture that amounts to a false faith. Your faith must be in God(according to Christian scripture) and not some result of being convinced of your beliefs that you reasoned your way to or because it was something that you grew up with and accepted.

'True believers' might be more rare that we think.....:)
Old 05-01-2021, 09:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yes, I can understand why much of civilization says God is a ''he''. Many associate the magnificent and powerful with the masculine. To me it doesn't necessarily makes sense, due to what spirituality is often correlated with, but to each their own. Then there's angels. Every time I read something anywhere about 'angels' I instantly picture a female being. I suppose many people think about male angels instead because of scriptures.

Altair,

Yes....it is simply a convenience to say 'he'. When we say man was made in the image of God we are actually meaning 'mankind'......we accept that women are children of God. If we insist on gender identity as a creator would we have to believe that there was also a female creator God ? That would negate monotheism. We are told that God is a spirit sans earthly body....gender is not involved.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I do wonder if that is universally true in Hinduism. Something tells me it's not the case..

Altair,

My sister was in nursing school and a male angel came and sat on bed to inform her our grandmother had passed away. When we called the next morning to break the news she related her story.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
An addendum to my post.....Paul points to this possibility in Galatians 2:20....”I have been crucified with Christ and I(ego I ?) no longer live, but Christ lives in me.” When one reads the I AM statements put in your mind that Jesus is speaking as the Christ not simply as Jesus the mortal man.

Yes as you say above.

I am led to understand that the bible is not on the money, as i mentioned yesterday.
And unbelievably as per usual very few people of this forum, ever bother to post comment in reply.

If Jesus did exist, he was probably murdered, in what ever way that it did happen.
Though the shedding of his blood does not save any person, because he was simply Jesus, the christed being. A person that then became one of the almighty Christ entities family. He is not the savior nor the one & only son of the all mighty.

The almighty came into being, so, did a son come into being as well.
The one that the almighty is well pleased in is his ver own "Christ essence". And that is the stuff, that transforms natural spiritual man into the son/daughter of the almighty Christ entity.

The cross is within. And the first use & origin of the word crucify was mid 14 century, See below.
It also says to see crux, which is also pasted further down

Quote....
crucify (v.)
mid-14c., "to put to death by nailing or otherwise affixing to a cross," from Old French crucifer crucefiier (12c., Modern French crucifier), from Vulgar Latin *crucificare, from Late Latin crucifigere "to fasten to a cross," from cruci, dative of Latin crux "cross" (see crux)

Quote....
crux (n.)
the most important point;

The most important point, is within the self, as depicted in 2000 year old biblical paintings. The glowing area around the head of Jesus & the likes.

The most important point of natural spiritual mankind is the Soul'self. It is what the almighty desires to alter/reconstruct/transform into the likeness of his self.

Crucified in Christ. To give up your "natural spiritual Soul'self.
The Soul to be reconstructed into the very essence of God the Father Christ entity.
He is not your father yet, he is the creator of all "identityless blank souls".
Souls that lay in waiting, for parents to enstill with conscious life AND an identity.

After an individual is transformed, that is when the creator becomes the individuals Heavenly Father.

From yesterdays post regarding the transformation.
https://www.padgettmessages.net/mess...trinity10.html
Old 05-01-2021, 10:45 PM
Master

Quote:
John 14:6 is in harmony with 1 Timothy 2:5 which reads from the NIV translations as:

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,"

OR is that a truth.

2000 yr old text which was first put together tens, hundreds of yrs after the fact. And then altered numerous times.

"There is only one mediator between the Christ entity & mankind.
The Holy spiritual essence, of the Christ entity.
The Holy spirit, is the conduit for the almighties love.
And the creator Christ entity "well pleased in it".
Old 05-01-2021, 10:48 PM
Master
God's word is sound and secure.

The Essenes showed us the proof. No alteration had taken place.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein