Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-04-2019, 06:05 PM
Seeker
Is G-d Omniscient ( All Knowing )?

In a recent online discussion the topic was raised: is G-d Omniscient ( All Knowing )?

My understanding, up until now, was that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all agree that G-d is Omniscient.

However, a self-identified Christian opposed and said, "No G-d cannot be All-knowing".

Questions for Christians and Catholics:

In your view is G-d All Knowing?
What is the accepted mainstream view of G-d's Omniscience in Christianity and Catholism?

Thank you in advance, and Happy Easter!
Old 19-04-2019, 11:38 PM
Master

I don't see how it could be denied that God is all-knowing in Christianity
even if theoretically you can imagine scenarios like 'he chooses not to know certain things' or 'she is bored by some things and doesn't see them' or is limited in some way all are possible... but without any information to that you would have to take the default position of omniscience

I don't know about Judaism and Islam
The gnostic view would be that God is all-knowing but has been taken captive by one of his/her own offspring - not everywhere but only in our universe. If it were everywhere then these offspring couldn't be seperate beings but thoughts within God's mind able to supress other aspects of divine consciousness. The gnostic view might support a weakening of God's ability to know everything, but i can't see that in normal Christianity getting any theological support!
Old 19-04-2019, 11:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybmh
In a recent online discussion the topic was raised: is G-d Omniscient ( All Knowing )?

My understanding, up until now, was that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all agree that G-d is Omniscient.

However, a self-identified Christian opposed and said, "No G-d cannot be All-knowing".

What is the accepted mainstream view of G-d's Omniscience in Christianity and Catholism?

What do you mean by "G-d"?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 20-04-2019, 03:21 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
What do you mean by "G-d"?

In the context of the discussion that triggered the question, G-d is the Father who created the world at the beginning of Genesis.

Note: I just realized... I am Typing G-d instead of God. Apologies. That is an old custom relating to the prohibition not to say the Lord's name in vain ( aka outside of prayer ). I hope that wasn't unintentionally offensive in some way.
Old 27-04-2019, 12:08 PM
Knower

dybmh,
re: "I am Typing G-d instead of God. Apologies. That is an old custom relating to the prohibition not to say the Lord's name in vain..."

Actually, god is the supreme being's title and not His name.
Old 27-04-2019, 01:05 PM
Angel1

Quote:
I could only answer this one question. This does not come from
any reading, doctrine or dogma or any intellectual speculation...
but from my many personal, intimate

experiences:
Oh my, is God All-knowing. There is not a dust particle floating in a
beam of sunshine that exists if not for Him.
He is digesting your food at this moment and making every hair on
billions of heads grow, He hears the new born robin's eyes blink...
He feels the burrowing of every root as it searches for water and stretches to
the Sun for life. He is leading every flock of birds around the world at this very moment to their destination
and at the same time is at the depths of every inch of every ocean as every

fish is wiggling it's tail.
There is not a thought in any mind that He is not aware of...Oh my, yes...
this unimaginable One Spiritual Being, by any name or label, is all-knowing and all-feeling...and dwells within everything.

But, don't take my word for it, take no one's word...Be still...and know for yourself.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-04-2019, 05:10 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:

100% completely all-knowing, and omni-present.

Consider demons. Demons are knowing (they know things they could not possibly know but they do). Demons certainly do not know more or better than God.

I had this problem with lucifer (he lives in the city next door to me). He would often say things to me like as if he had been standing over my shoulder my whole life, knowing things he could not possibly know. Well, he knew - and he made sure to let me know that he knew.

And now i know. Much of the spiritual knowledge I have is because of him, but not only him.

Years ago, I created something (or only achieved it, meaning that it might have existed before I thought of it) called the botany test.

If someone claims they are God (as lucifer does) they must be able to pass the botany test.

Trees, plants, shrubs and flowers have scientific names and common names. For example, melissa officinalis is better known by it's common name which is lemonbalm.

In order to pass the botany test, one must know all things and they cannot know as a result of studying and learning. They have to know species name, common name of everything.

God alone is the one who has that sort of knowledge.
Old 27-04-2019, 05:15 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats
dybmh,
re: "I am Typing G-d instead of God. Apologies. That is an old custom relating to the prohibition not to say the Lord's name in vain..."

God is nothing but an endless utterance, and endless conversation, an endless discussion, an endless argument.

There is only one time when God comes to a rest: half an hour of silence in heaven (silence of all thought and speech).

Besides that, there is not one moment when the word God is not being uttered in some way, by anyone on the planet.
Old 27-04-2019, 05:16 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I could only answer this one question. This does not come from
any reading, doctrine or dogma or any intellectual speculation...
but from my many personal, intimate

experiences:
Oh my, is God All-knowing. There is not a dust particle floating in a
beam of sunshine that exists if not for Him.
He is digesting your food at this moment and making every hair on
billions of heads grow, He hears the new born robin's eyes blink...
He feels the burrowing of every root as it searches for water and stretches to
the Sun for life. He is leading every flock of birds around the world at this very moment to their destination
and at the same time is at the depths of every inch of every ocean as every

fish is wiggling it's tail.
There is not a thought in any mind that He is not aware of...Oh my, yes...
this unimaginable One Spiritual Being, by any name or label, is all-knowing and all-feeling...and dwells within everything.

But, don't take my word for it, take no one's word...Be still...and know for yourself.

Yup, I know that orchestration. Constant, constant orchestration. All. Of. The. Time.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrats
dybmh,

"In Whom we live and move and have our being."

As St. Paul quoted from a Greek poet.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein