Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-08-2022, 11:36 PM
Master

Much has been left unsaid about those 2 scriptures from Luke 18…..
Old 06-08-2022, 01:15 AM
Rameses

Post The dead fish and the ragged lamb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Much has been left unsaid about those 2 scriptures from Luke 18…..

Go ahead.

Please.

Discussing the writings of scribes without real metaphysical depths is not my cup of tea. Sorry
My understanding being limited.

But maybe you might find a silver coin in the mouth of the dead fish.

I'm with you.
Old 06-08-2022, 03:18 PM
Master

What I found intriguing about Luke 18 was the interesting juxtaposition of the opening parable and the concluding miracle of Jesus. In the parable the widow was confronting the unjust judge. ‘Faith can move mountains’. Symbolically the unjust judge represents the ‘mountain’ to the widow yet with her faith she was persistent in speaking truth to power.

Luke 18:7-8…..”And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night(persistence) ? Will he keep putting them off ? I tell you , he will see that they get justice, and QUICKLY……the ‘chosen ones’ are precisely those with faith.

Now for the concluding miracle…Luke 18:35-42: the blind man was persistent in having an audience with Jesus. Things proceeded quickly….vs 40-43….”When he came near, Jesus asked him, “What do you want me to do for you ?” “Lord, I want to see,” he replied. Jesus said to him, “Receive your sight; your faith has healed you.” Immediately (quickly) he received his sight and followed Jesus….” Light=sight….Jesus=light….following Jesus is following the light.

We often cite single verses and read them literally. We can miss the symbolism that is contained in the greater context….contemplation can be an exercise in connecting the dots. That is when scripture comes alive and meaning and understanding is revealed.
Old 10-08-2022, 06:03 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Luke 18:8…..”However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth ? Why this question ? What does it really mean and what does it imply ?
Simple, Jesus is spoken word so then when spoken truth comes to mankind will mankind believe it/trust it /have faith in it.
Old 10-09-2022, 08:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Sky,

I have faith in you…..😊
. I think you summed this whole discussion up in 4 words. Have faith in one another and yourself.