Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-09-2020, 12:47 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
there's never been any "Hellfire" and the scary images of satan, comes from the false images that man had placed in the minds of ALL humans, until one has found the truth. red, skin, horns, a pitchfork and a tail, fire, all lies! the truth is...

(Ezek. 28:13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering: the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold. The workmanship of your settings and sockets was in you; on the day that you were created, they were prepared). Precious stones are Beautiful ,right?! so we now know, satan didn't look the way man wanted us to believe.

I agree, our fears can lead us down the wrong path. this is why I'm so glad to allow Jehovah God to show me the truth. I have No more fears of what I once didn't understand. and man can't make me feel afraid of his false teachings.

Jehovah God Jesus has something better for ALL who wants it. not ONLY the truth, but a happy, peaceful life on Earth ,(Psa. 37:9-11 For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the Lord, They shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; Indeed, you will look carefully for his place, But it shall be no more. But the meek shall inherit the earth, And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace).

Well JoJo, if nothing else ya got me lookin up Bible passages and that might put a smile on your face. One of the things I have noticed with all that lookin up recently is that context helps. For example, I found that Psalm and noticed it starts out with the line “Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.” And yet it seems to me a lot of Christians fret about evildoers a good bit, and often seem rather resentful about and quick to condemn those they see as workers of iniquity. And then a bit later it says “3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. 4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” It seems to me to be telling me I should not concern myself so much with the evil doers nor resent them. Instead I should focus on myself, on learning to value what is important, and finding my satisfaction in the things that matter, and in keeping my humility. It seems to me to go well with the passage from Ezekiel where he admonishes those who set themselves up as God and believe their heart is the same as God’s heart. Those who become enamored by their own wisdom and ability to secure power and riches in life. Those who feel they are not good enough as they are, that they must secure power and riches to get what they deserve, to compensate for the inequities of life. Mankind was made perfect and covered in precious jewels, yet covered himself in shame of his nakedness in the sight of God anyway. Was it his new found knowledge of good and evil that made him realize his naked vulnerability, or his lack of wisdom to see that it does not really matter, that he already has everything he needs inside. Perhaps that is what man must learn, that at the core of his being there is God, and man must learn to bring that forth to realize his full potential. Perhaps that is what Jesus was showing us. Perhaps that is a truth the higher self knows it must make real. I expect though, that it is made harder when one is always focusing on others evil deeds and life's inequities.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...37&version=KJV
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...28&version=KJV

That is the thing about the Bible, two people can read the same passage and come away with two very different messages. I always viewed that as a weakness, but more and more I am starting to see it as something of a strength. Kind of like a mirror that can show one something of what they look like on the inside.

“There are always those who take it upon themselves to defend God, as if Ultimate Reality, as if the sustaining frame of existence, were something weak and helpless. These people walk by a widow deformed by leprosy begging for a few paise, walk by children dressed in rags living in the street, and they think, "Business as usual." But if they perceive a slight against God, it is a different story. Their faces go red, their chests heave mightily, they sputter angry words. The degree of their indignation is astonishing. Their resolve is frightening.

These people fail to realize that it is on the inside that God must be defended, not on the outside. They should direct their anger at themselves. For evil in the open is but evil from within that has been let out. The main battlefield for good is not the open ground of the public arena but the small clearing of each heart. Meanwhile, the lot of widows and homeless children is very hard, and it is to their defense, not God's, that the self-righteous should rush.”
― Yann Martel, Life of Pi
Old 10-09-2020, 05:44 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
“There are always those who take it upon themselves to defend God, as if Ultimate Reality, as if the sustaining frame of existence, were something weak and helpless. These people walk by a widow deformed by leprosy begging for a few paise, walk by children dressed in rags living in the street, and they think, "Business as usual." But if they perceive a slight against God, it is a different story. Their faces go red, their chests heave mightily, they sputter angry words. The degree of their indignation is astonishing. Their resolve is frightening.

These people fail to realize that it is on the inside that God must be defended, not on the outside. They should direct their anger at themselves. For evil in the open is but evil from within that has been let out. The main battlefield for good is not the open ground of the public arena but the small clearing of each heart. Meanwhile, the lot of widows and homeless children is very hard, and it is to their defense, not God's, that the self-righteous should rush.”
― Yann Martel, Life of Pi

May I say, but haven't found the right opportunity, so what the heck - I really enjoy reading your posts for the most part, ketzer.

Thanks,

JL
Old 11-09-2020, 04:04 AM
Master
Quote:
what a Beautiful saying! you have a Spirit that shows which Spirit Being side you chose.

If you were a Buddhist, posting on one of the Buddhist threads, and you were well received, no one would object to you posting material that has depth.

But you are a Christian, posting on a Christian thread, and you are posting material that has depth..........

and some of us can see your jewel that sparkles in the sun light.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-09-2020, 04:10 AM
Master
Exclamation

Quote:
there's never been any "Hellfire" and the scary images of satan, comes from the false images that man had placed in the minds of ALL humans, until one has found the truth. red, skin, horns, a pitchfork and a tail, fire, all lies! the truth is...

(Ezek. 28:13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every precious stone was your covering: the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold. The workmanship of your settings and sockets was in you; on the day that you were created, they were prepared). Precious stones are Beautiful ,right?! so we now know, satan didn't look the way man wanted us to believe.

I agree, our fears can lead us down the wrong path. this is why I'm so glad to allow Jehovah God to show me the truth. I have No more fears of what I once didn't understand. and man can't make me feel afraid of his false teachings.

Jehovah God Jesus has something better for ALL who wants it. not ONLY the truth, but a happy, peaceful life on Earth ,(Psa. 37:9-11 For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the Lord, They shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; Indeed, you will look carefully for his place, But it shall be no more. But the meek shall inherit the earth, And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace).
As much as you have written that Hellfire is not in the Bible, you will find that some will insist it really is there.
But then, those same souls will never say it is refreshing to find out Hellfire does not exist. Which means they will never ask "What else got changed and/or is not really in the bible?"

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-09-2020, 05:03 AM
Newbie ;)

it is nobodies fault
Old 11-09-2020, 10:24 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
May I say, but haven't found the right opportunity, so what the heck - I really enjoy reading your posts for the most part, ketzer.

Thanks,

JL
You are welcome. Life of Pi is an excellent book. I also thought the movie was very good as well.
Old 11-09-2020, 03:18 PM
janielee

ketzer:

I have heard of the movie, but never watched it. Thanks.

I enjoy your posts BTW, not just the quotes

Cheerio

JL
Old 11-09-2020, 05:37 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetriangles
it is nobodies fault
Not so! Hallow has already confessed. Now we just have to figure out what the crime is and what the punishment should be....after all this whole thread is about teaching lessons.
Old 24-09-2020, 12:41 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I read these verses from the book of Daniel the other day and it struck me how similar it was to the story of Adam and Eve being thrown out of the garden of Eden, like another perspective on that story - humanity are spiritually torn apart because “the Most High” is teaching us a lesson about who’s in charge. I’m willing to consider that “the Most High” is actually our Higher Self, and we need to learn that our Higher Self is in charge... does anyone else see this, or maybe you see something else?

The Vision of a Great Tree

10 ‘Now these were the visions [h]in my mind as I lay on my bed: I was looking, and behold, there was a tree in the midst of the [i]earth and its height was great.

11 ‘The tree grew large and became strong
And its height reached to the sky,
And it was visible to the end of the whole earth.
12 ‘Its foliage was beautiful and its fruit abundant,
And in it was food for all.
The beasts of the field found shade under it,
And the birds of the sky dwelt in its branches,
And all [j]living creatures fed themselves from it.
13 ‘I was looking in the visions [k]in my mind as I lay on my bed, and behold, an angelic watcher, a holy one, descended from heaven.

14 ‘He shouted out and spoke as follows:
Chop down the tree and cut off its branches,
Strip off its foliage and scatter its fruit;
Let the beasts flee from under it
And the birds from its branches.
15 “Yet leave the stump [l]with its roots in the ground,
But with a band of iron and bronze around it
In the new grass of the field;
And let him be drenched with the dew of heaven,
And let [m]him share with the beasts in the grass of the earth.
16 “Let his [n]mind be changed from that of a man
And let a beast’s [o]mind be given to him,
And let seven [p]periods of time pass over him.
17 “This sentence is by the decree of the angelic watchers
And the decision is a command of the holy ones,
In order that the living may know
That the Most High is ruler over the realm of mankind,
And bestows it on whom He wishes
And sets over it the lowliest of men.”
18 This is the dream which I, King Nebuchadnezzar, have seen.
Neville Goddard Lecture – Secret of Imagination . . 06-21-1971
I thought that this last week should be both practical and idealistic. So we will start on the practical side. He said, “Think not that I am come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not to abolish the law and the prophets, but to fulfill them.” (Matthew 5:17)

Now, the One speaking is now present within you. When He awakes, you will hear these words. You will find them to be your words. That One is your own wonderful human imagination. That One is God!

Imagination is the basis of all that is. What is now proved to be true, as far as we are concerned, was once only imagined. Think of something in the world that is now to you real that wasn’t first imagined. So, the secret of imagining is the secret of God. And so:

“The secret of imagining is the greatest of all problems, to the solution of which everyone should aspire, because supreme power, supreme wisdom, supreme delight lie in the far-off solution of this mystery.”
[Douglas Fawcett, author of “Zermatt Dialogues” and

“Oberland Dialogues”]

I can acquaint you with it and then leave you to your choice and its risk, because everything in the world is created by this power. He said:

“I kill and I make alive;
I wound and I heal;
and there is none that can deliver out of
my hand. “(Deuteronomy 32:39)

“I create the light and make the darkness;
I create woe and I make weal.”
(Isaiah 45:7)

“I, even I, AM He,
and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.”
(Deuteronomy 32:39)

That’s your own wonderful human imagination. Well, there are secrets to this power, and you and I might experiment. We try to discover the secret. As we discover the secret of imagining, we are discovering the secret of God. So, God and imagination . . the human imagination . . are synonymous terms. They are interchangeable.

So, when we read that “If we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have obtained that which we requested of Him.”(1 John 5:15) If we know that He hears us in whatever we ask . . no restraint. Now, you may sit down and commune with what you think to be another than yourself, but because there are billions of us in the world, and there is but one God in this fabulous universe, you might wonder if He hears you. But you have no doubt in your mind if you identify God with your own wonderful human imagination that He hears you!

Can you believe that your own wonderful human imagination is God? So, when you sit down, as told us in the 4th Psalm:

“Commune with your own hearts upon your beds, and be silent.”
(Psalm 4:4)

He hears you if you commune with Self, because you believe that communion with Self was communion with God. Can you, now, assume that you are the one that you would like to be? Can you assume that one that you love is as you would like her . . or would like him . . to be? Can you really believe that you are answered? I do not expect tonight that after a certain conception the child will be born tomorrow.

“The vision has its own appointed hour,
it ripens, it will flower;
if it be long, then wait,
for it is sure, and it will not be late.”
(Habakkuk 2:3, Moffatt’s translation)

A little child takes nine months, a lamb five months, a chicken 21 days, the elephant . . so they tell me . . a year or more, a horse, a year anyway. So every conception has its own appointed hour; it ripens, it will flower. If it seems to you long, then wait. It is sure; it will not be late relative to its own nature. So, can I now commune and expect that my communion with Self is communion with God? Can I dare to assume that I am exactly what I want to be? Can I dare to assume that I am where I want to be, even though at the moment my reason denies it, my senses deny it? Will it work? Well, it costs you nothing. Try it! It doesn’t cost one penny to try it.
Old 24-09-2020, 03:14 AM
Master
Meanwhile we are in the tribulation period, and the prophesied future is coming upon us.

Meanwhile, as the angels revealed to the disciples, looking up,
"He will return the same way as He departed."
Acts 1:11

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein