Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-08-2020, 07:38 AM
Master
Looking for a better understanding.

"God is spirit & has essence. God is all Holy, all Loving & all merciful."

I do believe this, but if it is true, why do the scriptures written in his name scare the hell out of so many people, and make people do so many crazy things?
Old 26-08-2020, 08:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow

I do believe this, but if it is true, why do the scriptures written in his name scare the hell out of so many people, and make people do so many crazy things?

Because they were written by Humans who sometimes like to frighten others into submission for obvious reasons...
Old 26-08-2020, 08:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Because they were written by Humans who sometimes like to frighten others into submission for obvious reasons...
At this point I think so too. But maybe I am missing something. Question everything have to keep an open mind to get the real truth , sometimes even ones owns thoughts. Would like to see everyone's thoughts on this topic.
Old 26-08-2020, 08:42 AM
Master
Quote:
At this point I think so too. But maybe I am missing something. Question everything have to keep an open mind to get the real truth , sometimes even ones owns thoughts. Would like to see everyone's thoughts on this topic.

Is there a ' Real ' truth ? I hope you find yours
Old 26-08-2020, 08:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Is there a ' Real ' truth ? I hope you find yours
There is, just have to pick away the garbage. (Ask the right questions and keep a open mind) I assume you found yours?
Old 26-08-2020, 08:58 AM
Master
If just a few people can answer the main question without saying because the Bible told me so. Or similar type of answers. There may be more to it regardless of what I think. If not, it is what it is.
Old 26-08-2020, 09:18 AM
Elfin

Quote:

Hi Hallow.... I do NOT believe scriptures written in God's name , is the reason people do crazy things , but rather they "use" this as an excuse , for surely they have to "blame" it on something...or someone....And all too often , God is blamed ....indeed he is sometimes blamed for anything and everything that people cannot "understand"..... When In real terms he is blameless....
Old 26-08-2020, 09:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi Hallow.... I do NOT believe scriptures written in God's name , is the reason people do crazy things , but rather they "use" this as an excuse , for surely they have to "blame" it on something...or someone....And all too often , God is blamed ....indeed he is sometimes blamed for anything and everything that people cannot "understand"..... When In real terms he is blameless....

Yes
They can't take responsibility for their own actions so they look for a scapegoat and because the bible's are full of Atrocities all done in the ' Name of God ' they have there perfect reasons all written on paper.....
Old 26-08-2020, 09:32 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Yes
They can't take responsibility for their own actions so they look for a scapegoat and because the bible's are full of Atrocities all done in the ' Name of God ' they have there perfect reasons all written on paper.....
ABSOLUTLY !!!!......Blame the very one , that will NOT appear to defend himself against the action of man...... He made it clear... Did he not...that there would be no intervention...Man must go forth and make his own mistakes ...( But don't blame me !)...
Old 26-08-2020, 09:43 AM
Master

Quote:

so you wanna punch through the crust huh? following in some fine people's footsteps if you do, one of 'em was a certain well known resident of Nazareth