Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-08-2020, 10:43 AM
Master
Holy Spirit.

What is the Holy Spirit ?

According to Scriptures it seems to come and go so therefore isn't permanent.
Old 25-08-2020, 11:41 AM
Master

I have heard it said that the Holy Spirit, could be refered to as a conduit, for God's love for us.

God is spirit & has essence. God is all Holy, all Loving & all merciful.

We are born unto this life in & of our biological parents, as "natural love SPIRITUAL beings".
& for an individual to enter into the Holy Kingdom, an individual "the Soul'self" has to be reconstructed via the New birth of the Soul'self..a 100% full transformation, from the "Natural Love" being/person into the Divine Love" being/person.

We have to have a "TRUTHFUL" desire for the the transformation.

& the transformation, refered to as the "New Birth", is effected within an individual, by the individual having had received sufficient quantities of the "very spiritual essence", of & from, God the Father Christ entity.

The Holy Spirit, is the "very essence", of the Heavenly Father Christ entity.
& in each moment, that an individual is "TRUTHFULLY" desirous for the transformation, into becoming a Child of the Christ entity, it is in that very moment, that portions of the Holy Spiritual essence, of & from the Father does flow into the individual.

It takes sufficient quantities, of the Christ essence, to fully effect the full transformation.
& as i mentioned above, God transforms the desirous individual, into the very essence of his self, through his love for the individual.

I understand that the portions that enter an individual, DOES become "permanent" & that it will never leave the individual. & it is constantly near us & ready to flow into us, in every moment that we truthfully desire for it.

A little long winded as per usual, though it needed to be.
Old 25-08-2020, 12:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
I have heard it said that the Holy Spirit, could be refered to as a conduit, for God's love for us.

God is spirit & has essence. God is all Holy, all Loving & all merciful.

We are born unto this life in & of our biological parents, as "natural love SPIRITUAL beings".
& for an individual to enter into the Holy Kingdom, an individual "the Soul'self" has to be reconstructed via the New birth of the Soul'self..a 100% full transformation, from the "Natural Love" being/person into the Divine Love" being/person.

We have to have a "TRUTHFUL" desire for the the transformation.

& the transformation, refered to as the "New Birth", is effected within an individual, by the individual having had received sufficient quantities of the "very spiritual essence", of & from, God the Father Christ entity.

The Holy Spirit, is the "very essence", of the Heavenly Father Christ entity.
& in each moment, that an individual is "TRUTHFULLY" desirous for the transformation, into becoming a Child of the Christ entity, it is in that very moment, that portions of the Holy Spiritual essence, of & from the Father does flow into the individual.

It takes sufficient quantities, of the Christ essence, to fully effect the full transformation.
& as i mentioned above, God transforms the desirous individual, into the very essence of his self, through his love for the individual.

I understand that the portions that enter an individual, DOES become "permanent" & that it will never leave the individual. & it is constantly near us & ready to flow into us, in every moment that we truthfully desire for it.

A little long winded as per usual, though it needed to be.

Thanks Neil, interesting. I also see it as ' Essence ' but I don't see it as coming and going but permanent, ever present but maybe not always recognised.
Old 25-08-2020, 01:33 PM
Master
My impression is that the Holy Spirit is the spirit of God which reaches out to us.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 25-08-2020, 02:09 PM
Master
Sutra 5 in ‘The Holy Science’ by Swami Yukteswar Giri explains what Maya as well as the Holy Spirit Is.

The book is a free download at archive.org
Old 25-08-2020, 02:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
My impression is that the Holy Spirit is the spirit of God which reaches out to us.

He is the one Who both convicts us of our need for Jesus, and Who confirms us as His.

Jesus said something about how we do not know of the wind. Where it comes or where it goes.

It is a situation of the eternal.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 25-08-2020, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Sutra 5 in ‘The Holy Science’ by Swami Yukteswar Giri explains what Maya as well as the Holy Spirit Is.

The book is a free download at archive.org

' This Holy Ghost, being the manifestation of the
Omniscient Nature of the Eternal Father, God, is
no other substance than God Himself; and so
these reflections of spiritual rays are called the
Sons of God — Abhasa Chaiianya or Purusha, See
John 1:4,5, 11. '

"in him was life; and the life was the light of
men. "

Thanks US, excellent......
Old 25-08-2020, 03:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
He is the one Who both convicts us of our need for Jesus, and Who confirms us as His.

Jesus said something about how we do not know of the wind. Where it comes or where it goes.

It is a situation of the eternal.

It's interesting that you call the Holy Spirit ' He '.
Do you see a Spirit as having a gender ?
Old 25-08-2020, 04:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What is the Holy Spirit ?

According to Scriptures it seems to come and go so therefore isn't permanent.

it's not the holy spirit isn't permanent its her ability to be experienced/felt that comes and goes (unless you're Jesus). multifarious not impermanent. she's a she or a he either's just fine
Old 25-08-2020, 04:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
it's not the holy spirit isn't permanent its her ability to be experienced/felt that comes and goes (unless you're Jesus). multifarious not impermanent. she's a she or a he either's just fine

Yes, as I said previously always present but not always recognised...
As I see the Holy Spirit as essence ( God's Essence ) I don't believe Jesus has anything to do with it, from my understanding the belief in a Holy Spirit came before Jesus.