Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-07-2014, 01:01 AM
lovingspirit

The ankh

Hi everyone :)

Okay so my beliefs are very eclectic however the best way I can describe my path is , I am a magical practitioner, healer or spiritual (however my path has leaned towards a nature based path)

Any who I wear symbols on occasion from which I have researched, pentacle, evil eye beads, and now the Ankh.

I was gifted the Ankh and just wanted to clairify if I have the right interpretation of it.

So I actually bought the ankh with the intention of wearing it for protection. Then I looked into its meaning, and the one meaning that stuck with me is that it can represent the union between male and female energies

The loop is the "female energy" of the divine (or some say goddess) and the staff shape is the 'male energy'. (some say god) When they come together they create life. (hence the meaning of life)

In my path I believe in a creative force or energy (creator) and idk why but I see this being as being, male/femaLe. Have you ever taken a symbol and personalized it to your own beliefs in this way?

I know it represents the union between isis and osiris and many other meanings, however for me it just reminds me of the great mother/father aspects of the divine.

Thanks blessings.