Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 03-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Seeker

The Word Soul/Sole in English.

I have always wondered about these two words in English. Both the highest part of our body, the soul, the part that goes to heaven, and the lowest part of our body, the very bottom of our feet have exactly the same word. How could this be? ls it some sort of joke? Well my thought today is that they are the same word because they are both portals. The soul is the contact or doorway to the above, absorbing sunlight and inspiration while the sole, lets us absorb the earth's sustaining energy and keeps us grounded and intouch. Yes, being barefoot [where possible] is of great benefit to those who love and wish to care for our sacred planet.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Suspended
Each word as a different origin!

According to the Collins Dictionary:

Sole History Latin solea sandal

Soul History Old English sawol (the a should have an accent)
Old 03-06-2017, 09:40 PM
Seeker

Well, I still prefer my explanation. To me, it seems that words change for a variety of reasons and could it be that these two words of apparent different derivations have come to mean the two great portals of the human body? I like the idea. Modern people wearing their shoes are happy and unfeelingly to destroy the planet for the dubious gain of money and economic growth. The only time they go without shoes is in their high rise apartments so removed from the rude surface of our Earth.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeplanter
Well, I still prefer my explanation. To me, it seems that words change for a variety of reasons and could it be that these two words of apparent different derivations have come to mean the two great portals of the human body? I like the idea. Modern people wearing their shoes are happy and unfeelingly to destroy the planet for the dubious gain of money and economic growth. The only time they go without shoes is in their high rise apartments so removed from the rude surface of our Earth.

I live in the city lots of concrete... but recently I walked in the grass... again... even WITH shoes on it is an entirely different thing than all the concrete I've grown used to in later life...

as far as sole/soul, I was told our 'physical' body is at the lowest part of our 'etheric' body... so the body as we know it is like a shoe for our beingness. Hence it is our 'sole/soul'.
Old 21-04-2020, 10:28 AM
Elfin

Absolutely spot on.
Old 21-04-2020, 02:09 PM
Knower

This is an interesting point about soles of the feet. There is a website one might like to consult to confirm the following:

www.herballegacy.com/Pneumonia

Dr Christopher swears by garlic to cure viral infections. In his account (scroll down to "3. Oil of Garlic Saves Two-Year Old with Double Pneumonia") he describes an incident which is very interesting.

A 2-year old boy in a remote village in severe weather conditions had been diagnosed with double pneumonia. The attending doctor told the parents that a 40-mile ambulance journey over the rough roads would kill the boy, however he could personally do nothing more and as it was early morning he would return after sunrise to sign the child's death certificate.

The parents were unable to encourage other doctors to come and had given up hope when it was suggested to them that Dr Christopher might attend from afar to try one of his garlic remedies in the last desperate attempt to save the boy's life.

Dr Christopher came and coated the soles of the boy's feet with garlic paste, no medicines given, and assured the parents that this would cure the double pneumonia. In the morning when the other doctor arrived to sign the death certificate, he found the boy sitting up in bed and laughing with his parents.
Old 22-04-2020, 08:28 AM
Master

Initially, when I first read the title of this thread, I assumed that the OP meant "sole" as in "one" or "lone".

Sole trader, lone trader, ect.

One soul embodied from a sole source.