Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 13-11-2020, 06:55 AM
Master
      Lets get back on track......................

"IS INTERFAITH VIABLE"?

For me, Interfaith is an outward aspect of Spirituality.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-11-2020, 05:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
      Lets get back on track......................

"IS INTERFAITH VIABLE"?

For me, Interfaith is an outward aspect of Spirituality.

Interfaith, helps us to explore other beliefs, especially those dealing with our origin. Just this common interest, binds us together.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 19-11-2020, 06:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Interfaith, helps us to explore other beliefs, especially those dealing with our origin. Just this common interest, binds us together.

Definitely John ! Logic alone would suggest that there is a vast array of rich pickings to be had in interfaith dialogue and connection for those who want it or find it useful. It must be a marvelous thing to have studied Interfaith at a deep level, i envy those who have. Bloody marvelous !!!

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 20-11-2020, 03:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Definitely John ! Logic alone would suggest that there is a vast array of rich pickings to be had in interfaith dialogue and connection for those who want it or find it useful. It must be a marvelous thing to have studied Interfaith at a deep level, i envy those who have. Bloody marvelous !!!
You truly made my day.
Thankyou!
https://imgur.com/kgin8zO

Old 02-01-2021, 04:02 AM
Master
For interfaith to work....... we probably will have to look at what things our religion/faith has in common with other religions.

Old 02-01-2021, 08:49 AM
Master

If I but had the passion and creativity of a Sufi, The insight of a Buddhist,
The certainty of a Christian, the discipline and fervour of a Mohammedan,
and the Faith of a Hindu, i would be a rich man indeed. Happy New Year John !

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 03-01-2021, 04:14 AM
Master
Quote:
  What are you talking about?
 You are a rich man in spirit!
 Truly, no more is needed.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

to you
               my friend.

Old 03-01-2021, 09:31 AM
Master
I think there will never be reconciliation between different religions and interfaith harmony is manifestly unviable.

People are born without a religion, so it's not rally endemic to human nature, and since it is a matter of nurture and not nature, people exposed to the religion which exists in their social space tend to adopt that religion rather than some other religion. Hence in Indian cultures we have more Hindus that anything else, and in European culture is predominantly Christian.

If religious tenets were true, and not culturally conditioned, people would discover the same sorts of things, and not have such radically different dogmas.

It's fine that we have such cultural norms, and if it was accepted as merely cultural phenomena, it wouldn't be considered particularly important, but Religion gets confused by being unable to discern a belief from the truth. When the truth is attached, the belief is treated as knowledge, and because the believers really do not know if their beliefs are true or not, but at least in the case of Christians are taught that not believing means not being 'saved' (from otherwise hell), well, lets just say people are generally coerced into believing in one way or another... Maybe for the sake of cultural acceptance, to make their parents proud, to belong to a group or some such reason. That is how religion becomes a very deep emotional attachment, via social paradigms.

When it becomes emotional, it means something to the individual, and as it affects 'me', one begins to identify. Then is is more than 'what I believe' and becomes 'what I am'. I am a Christian. I am Muslin. I am a Hindu, etc. The moment one identifies with their respective religion, they separate themselves from others. When you say I am a Christian, you also say I am not a Muslim I am not a Hindu and so on. Obviously, this has separated one identity from another, and at the most fundamental level, that leads to conflict.

As a non-religious person, I also say I am not a Christion, Hindu or whatever, but that's not the same thing. I didn't say I am one thing and not the other. It was other people who identified as something, and by doing so, made me something that they are not. Maybe they declare me 'heathen' or something like that to identify me, but they would only do that to orient their own sense of identity - without which 'heathen' wouldn't mean anything.

When you identify with one thing you must, necessarily, create a division. Formulate what I am in contrast to something I am not. This is the reason religions in general cannot co-exist. The 'am' has to be divided from the 'am not'. Hencewhy the interfaith idea is a misnomer.

Perhaps people will think I'm a naysayer because I don't ascribe to the positive ideal here, some of the more radically religious will think I have to die, and with all that has happened in the name of God, i fail to understand how people can still think that religion is benign, when by all observations, it's a very dangerous thing. An unpleasant truth is not negativity.

I understand that a person who is religious right now can't just detach from their beliefs, but they can recognise quite easily that to be one thing means you are not the other. How can that be reconciled?

Last edited by Gem : 03-01-2021 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-01-2021, 09:57 AM
Master

interfaith

Quote:
As BJ said even with this brief vision you are rich person .

Interfaith has many aspects even beyond personal growth . Many of the today's society are secular by constitution . And there is nothing wrong . All faiths treated and viewed equally before law is simply marvellous .

However in practice it degenerates into absence of spirituality and ethics . This is where problems starts . If interfaith dialogue and understandings are great, it can not only sustain integrity in public life but also promotes .

People with firm belief in interfaith have to be alert not to get into outward aspects of religions which may vary due to atmospheric , historical reasons . They need to focus on core teaching and work how to promote / teach
spirituality and ethics in religion neutral way .

A good example is inscription on US currency dollar that 'In God we trust' . Despite attempts of secularists to challenge in US courts of justice as violating religious freedom , it could stand the tests of courts scrutiny and still carry the real spirit / nature of US original law makers (it may be different thing it may not be reality ) .
Old 03-01-2021, 10:10 AM
Master

interfaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
If you still want to be that thing, a Christian or a Hindu or whatever, I don't hold it against you because I know it's only a cultural phenomena and the truth is we are just people.

To a good degree i agree with lot of observations you make . In history there have been lot of bad things has happened world wide due to religions intolerance and one-up-manship . However such kind of problems have happened even due to money or political thought (Communism/capitalism). But still we try to improve all such things and cultivate ('culture' so to say) into something better humane . Same way if through better interfaith work we can improve the life around us , we should always give it chance .

You experiences and observations definitely serve as something to guard against in such interfaith stuff .