Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-11-2023, 07:35 AM
Master

.............. Reproduction..............
Old 15-11-2023, 02:21 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius Fan
May I suggest Viktor E. Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning?
I wanted to second that, also.
For those that don't read books or haven't the time, ya know:

''What is the main takeaway from Man's Search for Meaning?

Message #1 – One must discover meaning to keep living. — The will to meaning instead of the will
to pleasure and instead of the will to power.
Message #2 – One has little control over what might happen –
but the individual has the freedom to choose how he/she will respond to the situation.''

Mr. Frankl was in a Nazi Concentration Camp, btw.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-11-2023, 04:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
What is discipline? A single pointed resolve perhaps, an unwavering focus, dedication, with eyes for no other? Yes but more importantly, it needs to be a habit. A recognition that great things need self discipline to be achieved is required. Leaving behind the human condition for realisation is the greatest of all tasks and cannot be achieved easily.

The I as in i-dentity or ego wants mind-body to be gratified. So, it conjures a script, a desire, a need, to fixate our attention on mundane cravings. However, to exit the trance, in my view, we do not have to struggle or get disciplined because that too is an egoic activity, is it not? We discipline ourselves and then congratulate ourself on our accomplishment. Self discipline is about creating useful developmental habits, doing nothing is sitting in the thrall of the ego, but its so much easier than working on yourself its the option usually taken

I’d advocate simply becoming watchful.
Although a useful practice, that is a small technique that can be used, along with many others, whilst you are invested in the process of self discipline, that is regular practice. It is not an end result, rather it is like working one small muscle group in a gym and believing you are affecting your whole self. That said, it is a practice of self discipline and as such if used regularly will reap benefits
We are already divine energy, but we are trapped, doing nothing will not release us, look at the efforts of the greats, doing nothing gives no growth. Doing the right things gives growth
Old 15-11-2023, 04:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i don't know, im mixed on that. Part of my own problem with such things is the perception that 'i' had to go to lengths to be disciplined like you say, but it was always in service to others and what always happened in return for all my efforts is I just got dissed and felt awful about what I was doing to myself anyway.
If you helped others then that was good, if you felt dissed for it, that was your ego, taking it personally.
proper practices reduce the `I` but they are hard, never the less worth doing.

Besides, I honestly don't think it a good way to live, to force myself to be one specific thing now and forever. I would much rather stop and smell the roses.
Its not forcing yourself to be one thing forever, its causing change in your consciousness,
its the exact opposite of stagnation, its growth
Old 15-11-2023, 10:38 PM
Master
Personally I feel that your life purpose isn't one thing. During my own discovery I found out that I have a personal purpose & dreams and a Soul purpose & dreams. And I think there's even a higher, more overarching one than the latter.
Personal dreams & goals keep you happy and serve you on a less higher level, but are still very important. They can indirectly help you get to the higher one(s).
For me one such personal thing is painting. That is, however, not my Soul and/or higher life purpose. It does make me incredibly happy, allows me to express myself and to be creative. Being creative is hugely important!!
It's joy and essentially having joy in life IS the purpose of life.

I've always detested the notion in spiritual circles that you should do things for others, help others, or this god-stuff. Yuk!

The point is you first have to get through a whole lot of personal stuff, including smaller personal dreams, goals, things you try and do, then drop to do and learn other things.
Once you've gone through that process, which I think takes several lifetimes, you can eventually get closer and closer to your higher purpose in life. And yes, that will then eventually be to serve.
But... this then comes from the inside, from your Soul or Higher Self. You've then evolved so far that all you want to do is spread love. That can take many shapes and forms, doing things for nature, the planet, animals, and/or people in various ways. Some may want to volunteer in an animal shelter, others may feel drawn to help do work for the environment and so on and so forth.
Also, it does not have to be volunteering. It can also be paid-for, as in a job or your own business.

But many aren't that far yet, and that's fine. If you're not then you're still on your own Divine path and your own Divine 'clock'. Like baking a cake takes for instance 60 mins, you cannot expect it to be done in 10 minutes. It takes the time it takes. But even at just 10 mins in the oven it's well on its merry way to becoming a delicious cake! It's already transforming.
So in short, if you're not yet living your higher purpose, that's totally fine.
If you don't yet know your higher purpose, that's totally fine.
Make the steps smaller, enjoy the little things, heed what makes you feel good and makes you feel like 'you'.

And for most it's not helping others, even if you think it is because it makes you feel good. There usually are ego issues underneath that feeling, like the need to be needed. Not feeling deserving / good enough to do or want something for you. There are tons of people pleasers. That's not a Soul purpose, that's living old trauma. This even goes for many in healthcare. Not all, but for many.

Again, enjoy the little things, heed what makes you feel good and makes you feel like 'you' and do more of that. When you pay attention to what the 'theme' is of these things, which eventually can become clear, you will begin to zoom in on what your Soul/higher purpose is about.
And then you'll say, "Shoot! I could've seen that yonks ago!! It was so clear!! Why didn't I see it?"

Take your time, relax, enjoy. It'll come when the time is right.
Old 16-11-2023, 03:09 AM
Master
@ peteyzen # 43 ~ thank you for taking time to respond.

Discipline, habit, resolve as terms used, what is it but an ever present flowing orientation? There is no effort.

Meditation as an effort for example, or visiting a church, a temple, mosque or attending a satsang, there is no harm in these part time activities but then we need to examine, where are we for the rest of the day? What is our moment to moment response to life as it presents itself to us?

I agree with your affirmation that we are divine energy but differ in that, there is nothing to be freed from. As living light of Self, in a singularity, we are complete, at peace, with absolute freedom. This recognition has been realised by many. Why then do we descend into duality, a harsh realm of contrast, in decaying organic form and that too, with memory of who we truly are, erased?

Opinions differ. My view is that there is no adversity in singularity and so, no learning. The Self has no attributes. Awareness bereft of love is barren. So we as Self, as living light, as that that is made in God’s image, we voluntarily choose to come here with these constraints and limitations to experience contrast, rotate polarities* (*there are no polarities in singularity) that separation ends in union, in entwinement or we may say, unified by love.

But I digress. The key point was about effort or discipline. A rosebud blossoms, a caterpillar transforms becoming a butterfly, where is the effort and by whom? Likewise, if we recognise that there are two of us in here, one being the ego or identity which believes itself to be body-mind and the other, our true Self, which is having a human experience as it chose … if we so recognise this, then doing nothing, simply looking at cravings of ego arise and subside, in this non-doing, this witnessing, effectively we are relinquishing ownership over the material or abstract objects (thoughts) that manifest. That’s all.

Ego is useful to navigate this terrain. But it is an instrument. So, when head (ego) melds with heart (love, universal consciousness), inner conflict ends. Effort has nothing to do with this, only silence and watchfulness.

Once our orientation shifts, we become it, that which we seek. The seeker however disappears, for it never was.
Old 16-11-2023, 03:06 PM
Master

Effort / No effort - This depends on perspectives of spirituality of the person.
I believe that for anything worthwhile the efforts are required - be it money earning , be it learning skill , be it gaining power/control or be it mastering the vision. If the person is so engrossed in the effort or does not feel burden of efforts that effort does not remain effort -then its a different matter but effort is required else we dont go anywhere . In spirituality it is often said God is merciful/ gracious (Krupa Nidhan in Hindi) . But that is true only if our efforts deserve that His Grace. God's descending grace commensurate our ascending efforts .

In spirituality there is absolute freedom for people to have or not have any purpose. God simply let us enjoy the freedom. God has myriad ways of making this earth experience meaningful.

Also if our purpose differs from others , we should still be able to understand and appreciate other's goal and not de-mean other's ideas/goals.
Old 16-11-2023, 05:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
In spirituality there is absolute freedom for people to have or not have any purpose. God simply let us enjoy the freedom.
This is true but we need to understand God allows duality of freedom. But what of certain choices? Of course no punishment for the freedom chosen. We are learning.

The duality of freedom. God allows duality. Allows us to create.... our own realities to enjoy and not enjoy. Many examples of both of course.

Realize, God does not give orders or demand and we're not forced to obey, the complete opposite. We learn from freedom over many lifetimes. Do you have to obey? No. What of opposites?

I still think creator suggested many times in various ways really of both sides about freedom (choosing).... Apparently freedom must be experienced.
Old 17-11-2023, 02:30 PM
Master

duality - opposites -obediance

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Do you have to obey? No. What of opposites?

Normally we or our actions are not that important to warrant God's immediate feedback/action . His way of dealing is more cumulative (like banks allow us multiple withdrawals till we reach our entitlements) than that of transaction to transaction. In reality we dont really know our entitlements. General thumb rule is that if we follow Him/obey Him / his rules (of justice / fairness / equity /compassion etc) , our entitlements never deplete. So to answer does God want us to obey Him .Answer is we are too small for him to care about it and He does not even bother . But if the question is should we obey Him, answer is it's in our own interest doing so as the rules of His world on auto pilot mode take care that we definitely benefit if we follow Him . For our own interest ,there is strong case in following Him .

Opposites - In this dual world opposites seem to be equal and choosing between options is extremely difficult yet very crucial and important.
Though opposites look equal there is always slight difference and one option (mandated by rules of God) is better than the other. One must focus on that which is mandated by God in letter and spirit as only those thing transpires to which we give our focus/attention/consciousness . Psychologically also it is proven ,we should not even talk/think about wrong side lest we get drawn to it with all its negative impacts .

Hope i have understood your question and tried to address it accordingly .
Old 18-11-2023, 05:39 PM
Master

Exactly right imo Hitesh. But let's not move away from the purpose of life and if I have done so myself then I have done so defensively. I would ask purpose be included as part of the response if possible. As far as God's immediacy it is therefore upon us imo. Purpose is related to soul or for... (spirit). Again learning. Learning has purpose.