Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 08-04-2022, 04:11 PM
Deactivated Account
from the guides

You have always existed and you will always continue to exist.
You have always thought and you will always continue to think.

For you are mind, you are consciousness.
Your consciousness is evolving,
your consciousness is growing,
your consciousness is moving, never stagnating.

You cannot stay where you are. It is not possible.
Progress is the only answer.

But you yourself determine your rate of progress with your thoughts.
Your thoughts are the most powerful things you have.

Use them well.

With acknowledgement: Martin Twycross - ‘Course in Mediumship’
Old 09-04-2022, 06:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
You have always existed and you will always continue to exist.
You have always thought and you will always continue to think.

But you yourself determine your rate of progress with your thoughts.
In a nutshell bobjob.
This is all we need to know.
It explains everything but allows for complete freedom.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 09-04-2022, 08:49 AM
hazada guess

Re your post#1 Bobjob. Good post, but I have a couple of questions if I may..........
Is your consciousness going to merge or stay as the *I*?
Are we still going to be able to act as a single entity?
Is mind separate from consciousness or do we still keep it as a single entity?
How are we able to have thought's without a brain?

As you know I've been studying the afterlife in depth over the past few years but these Question's are forever haunting me.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:27 AM
Seeker

Everything did have a beginning, including our spirits. Although they originate from the eternal realms, there was a time when they had not yet come into being.

The desire for knowledge and purpose is what causes a spirit to "eject" itself from the eternal spiritual realms. It begins its journey in creation first as a little spirit spark without form or substance. Over time it develops, matures and then blossoms, like a flower, into a beautiful human form. This development comes from the active participation and experiencing of life.

Once the spirit has fully matured into a human form, it returns to the eternal spiritual realms.

It is correct in saying that movement is life, and without movement, there is only death and decay. Progress and movement are constants without which everything would disintegrate.

While the spirit is eternal and immortal, it can still be caught in the disintegration of our ethereal and material universes, which are not eternal. Universes, galaxies, and celestial stars go through the exact same life cycles as humans, but on a grander scale - they are born, they grow and mature, then as they reach the point of over-ripeness they begin their period of decay, before finally dying. New universes are then born, and the process starts anew. If the spirit is caught in this disintegration process, it can lose its identity and consciousness, and it must start as an unconscious spirit spark once more in creation.

A spirit may get caught in the disintegration process if it has not freed itself in time from all that is material. It forgot about truth, honesty, justice, and love, and severed its connection to the eternal spiritual realms because it sought only to gain an advantage in the material realms, and cultivated the wrong and darker aspects of life. It therefore literally binds itself to all that is material as it cannot see what is beyond the material.

Keep your thoughts, words and deeds pure, by doing so you will bring peace and be happy.
Old 09-04-2022, 10:38 AM
hazada guess

Thank you Redburyva. Some nice thoughts there to ponder over, but we must stay on topic here, I think we are staring to wander from the original medium ship topic. But thankyou for your thoughts.(My fault).
Old 09-04-2022, 06:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
In a nutshell bobjob. This is all we need to know. It explains everything but allows for complete freedom.
It's the simple principles that have the most impact on me and make most sense.

Some of the ideas/theories/teachings/beliefs I read here I find horribly convoluted and for me they are mostly unfathomable.
Old 09-04-2022, 06:16 PM
Deactivated Account
1. "Is your consciousness going to merge or stay as the *I*?" yes and yes - For 'some time', maybe for a very 'long time', we'll have individuality - we each will function as 'I'. Eventually, though, we will merge and as far as I understand things, we'll then be back the way we were before we individualised - just the same as source.

2."Are we still going to be able to act as a single entity?" eventually - The point at which this will happen could be a VERY great 'distance' from where we are now though.

3. "Is mind separate from consciousness or do we still keep it as a single entity?" I view mind and consciousness as inseparable.

4."How are we able to have thoughts without a brain?" The brain could be considered the Central Processing Unit for all systems in the physical body. Mind is part of soul/spirit/consciousness and none of them are dependent on the body's CPU but mind can impinge on brain activity. The brain stops functioning when the body dies but the mind is eternal just as the spirit/soul/consciousness are. Thought and mind are eternal and inseparable.

"As you know I've been studying the afterlife in depth over the past few years but these questions are forever haunting me." I wish I knew a way to set your mind at rest. I have never been worried about the aspects above although I have been interested in trying to understand them. (as best I'm able) Now I feel I understand well enough for my needs and my thoughts focus elsewhere but I'm never concerned about any aspects of matters spiritual.
Old 09-04-2022, 06:33 PM
Deactivated Account
I try not to mention too often the philosophy and religion that influences me and underpins my whole life but the simple teachings found there reflect the ideas Martin Twycross's guides have set down. Part of mediumship development taught in that particular religion's churches and centers is learning to deliver an address and explain the principles of survival and communication. Teachings such as these from spirit guides can help explain who we are as spiritual beings.

I'd give equal consideration to teachings from other guides and bodies provided they have a similar level of authority, simplicity and appeal to my reason.
Old 09-04-2022, 08:28 PM
Administrator
Good post Bobjob I agree with that

Namaste
Old 09-04-2022, 09:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
EXCERPT
Some of the ideas/theories/teachings/beliefs I read here I find horribly convoluted and for me they are mostly unfathomable.
Ideally, people where accepted and allowed to express their beliefs without immunity but I suspect that was a pipe dreamers wish.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜