Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 01-04-2022, 09:56 AM
Administrator
I can only speak for myself here SNU churches don't interest me in the slightest for the ones I have walked into I turned around and walked back out again,
It wasn't for me Instead i went to a Healing sanctuary, that was more my thing it was welcoming, I found the SNU church to be very clicky

Namaste
Old 01-04-2022, 11:03 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I can only speak for myself here SNU churches don't interest me in the slightest for the ones I have walked into I turned around and walked back out again,
It wasn't for me Instead i went to a Healing sanctuary, that was more my thing it was welcoming, I found the SNU church to be very clicky

Namaste
Thanks native spirit, i understand what you are sharing here, i too have felt this in the past, but the church i now go to are very friendly and most welcoming.

regards michael.
Old 01-04-2022, 03:48 PM
Master
I have gone to a lot of Spiritualist Churches. I would say, most of them are clicks.

But on the other hand, I also learned a lot of the 'tricks'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-04-2022, 08:51 PM
Deactivated Account
I realise I'm pretty dumb but what's all this got to do with mediumship? "...actually it was in the summer of 74 that wonderful things started to happen to me, but really took off in 1975,...."
Old 01-04-2022, 11:08 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I realise I'm pretty dumb but what's all this got to do with mediumship? "...actually it was in the summer of 74 that wonderful things started to happen to me, but really took off in 1975,...."
You are quite of course bobjob to point out that this post has gone on a bit of a tangent strayed of course somewhat, but back in 74.75 that when I discovered that I was a medium and caused me to join a local church, as I was getting loud raps on my bed and wardrobe and i began asking yes or no question one rap for yes and two raps for no, shortly after this my third eye opened and clairvoyance followed on quickly after that along with clairaudiant and with months transfiguration mediumship started to take place. There i think we are back on course now bobjob thanks for your timely reminder.

regards michael.
Old 02-04-2022, 12:21 AM
Master
People sometimes can point back to a main event(s) that 'put' them on the path they took. In your case, you noted getting raps and was able to hold a 'conversation' with the 'one' doing the rapping. The first Mediums with Modern Day Spiritualists were rapping Mediums. It didn't take long before other forms of 'Mediumship' were explored.

If you look at some of the other Forums on SpiritualForums, it looks like to me that many of the other Forums mimic what some of the early day Modern Day Spiritualists would consider works of Mediums.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-04-2022, 02:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
As added as a caution in a different field: "Past results are no guarantee of future performance."

on the other hand,saying you can't do something doesn't help you do anything but achieve not doing it...

(not that that is always bad)
Old 02-04-2022, 02:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
on the other hand,saying you can't do something doesn't help you do anything but achieve not doing it.
I'm not sure you quite got what I'd written earlier....

The caution I quoted is one that in the UK accompanies advice about financial products but the principle may well apply to this very special, unique spiritual gift of mediumship.

I have to say this yet again - psychic sensitivity/awareness isn't the same as mediumship. I must sound like an LP record with the needle stuck in a groove! lol Only when such sensitivities (and maybe others) are used to aid communication between individuals in this world and the next does it transition to being mediumship. So can the gift of mediumship, once used but then let go and not used in decades, later be revivified?

This thread raised an aspect I'd not encountered let alone considered. Any individual can do all (s)he can (eg meditation) to make herself/himself available to our friends unseen in spirit but only they can complete the connection bridging the gap between the physical and etheric worlds. No matter how accomplished the incarnate is it's spirit who 'call the shots'. Unless our family and friends or helpers unseen draw close enough and makes the connection the incarnate is not a medium - she/he is a potential medium at best.

That simple principle must obtain when any individual tries to return to using her/his gifts to serve the spirit through mediumship.
Old 02-04-2022, 03:13 PM
Cat

Ya know SF is not some Military Camp.
We can go off topic a little talking about ourselves, as long as it gets back on topic soon after.
Sometimes we can mention Fish and Chips, even, or ask how someone is doing.

What we watch for is a tangent that derails the entire topic of the thread ...then we want
ya to start another thread in that topic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-04-2022, 03:36 PM
Deactivated Account
transfiguration mediumship

I prefer that my postings on subjects should apply generally rather than their being specific to an individual. It's probably not completely possible in this thread but transfiguration has been mentioned so I'll try to refer to that as much as possible in general terms.

The way transfiguration has been described earlier is an example of a phenomenon. I'm making a point for others that it's arguable it would fit the description of 'transfiguration mediumship' because it's a kind of mediumship where it can help inform observers about life outside of the physical. In so doing it could be called 'teaching-mediumship'. When it's accompanied by an address about survival et al it serves a hugely valuable purpose for those present. Transfiguration in isolation, with few if any observers, may remain just a phenomenon if no context is provided to explain it's meaning.

Where transfiguration mediumship shows an individual the form of a loved one passed-over, and when it's accompanied by a message from their loved one, it can be startlingly evidential; it is likely to be a wonderful, breath-taking experience for the recipient.

blessings