Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Parafest

Just How Spiritual Are You ?

By now a lot of you will be aware that Parafest 2006 an Event that took place around the World happened in October this year, but we have to admit at how suprised we were to see that still so many of you who read about the Event chose to ignore it and not attend.

In the work that we do we have come across so many people who claim to be Spiritual, but the question is, do you really understand what is meant by being Spiritual ?

It is not merely by attending Church once a week, or by merely as some would say acting in a Christ like manner, but to be Spiritual is to not only understand what Spirit is but to listen to them and what they have to say. Now some of may already say ' But I Do Listen To Them ', if this be the case then I ask of you to exactly whom are you listening ?

I ask this because no doubt you are aware of the fact that there are Spirit beings that work from lower realms and they work in such manners to make you beleive that the pathway you walk is indeed the correct one, they also tell you that you should not listen to what Im speaking about because it is false and it is my intention to turn you away from your right path, but I ask you here and now, if I speak of an event that is based upon the LOVE of Spirit an event designed to give help and assistance to other Spirit Beings in order to slowly unite this world back to its original state, then can this message be one of a wrong path, for those of the lower realms will work in such subtle manners they make you feel you are indeed connected to the right realm of Spirit.

During the preparation of Parafest 2006 we had many many people who claimed to be connected to Spirit and Spiritual matters actually denounce this event as being the work of the lower realms, but those who spoke in this manner are equally not of the TRUE Spirit.
Famous names in the World of Spirit for example those we read in our newspapers and see on the television did not come forward at this time, because they were too wrapped up in their own work, wrapped up in making money for as many spoke the weeked it was held was a very busy and lucrative time for them being Halloween.

Even many of those who did attend the Event left before the evening of which is what this event was really all about, Trade Stand holders and certain lecturers left......'WHY'? very simply becaue they were merely there to promote themselves or sell their wares, they simply put, only ride on the name of Spirit.

There are many of you out there in this big wide World that feel you have found your way in life through Spirit, through Christ, through Church, through your Dali Llamas, through your Krishna's, through Budha need I go on, now although all these areas cover Spirituality in some manner, surely you have to ask what is missing, for if they were truly following Spirits guidelines they could not be fail to heed when Spirit call for a unification of the World in this manner.

Certain Religions shout but we are united...............maybe within their own sector YES ,but outside of this NO, well Spirit ask that the World NOW unites as one under one voice for these Relgions and Societies cannot alone make the changes Spirit ask of us, for they are but a small voice in such a loveless World, we now need to unite, for the bigger we are the louder we are.

I ask ALL of you and encourage all to look at www.parafest2006.com for this will help you begin how you can come to know not only whom you yourself is but how you can assist Spirit in answering their calling to you.

Please E-Mail us for further help on your pathway of life.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Deactivated Account
while you are quite entitled to your own opinion on what is spritual and what isn't, so too are we your comment about the more 'famous' mediums i cannot agree with as they are not all in it for the money far from it!!!
as for those promoting their 'wares' for many that is their living, if that is their living good luck to them!!
as a medium myself i 'connect' with spirit every day of my life (i do not charge by the way ) and your definition of spirit and spiritual are likely to be completely different to mine.
spirit and spiritual mean something different to every individual IMO
Old 08-11-2006, 02:35 PM
dreamer

and your definition of spirit and spiritual are likely to be completely different to mine.
spirit and spiritual mean something different to every individual IMO[/quote]

Maybe they are the same but expressed differently and pervieved as opposing?
Old 08-11-2006, 02:36 PM
Deactivated Account
good point dreamerxxxxxxxxx
Old 08-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Knower
Um, isn't everyone's spiritual path different???

Parafest, what makes you think that your event would be of use to everybody? Surely the path for a lot of people involves developing in their own time and in their own space, not tagging along behind some organised event that's being imposed from above. It's because of thinking like that that many of us have turned away from the organised religions and their "we know what's best for you" attitude.

I'm sure that many found inspiration and enlightenment from your event, so don't feel too betrayed, but forgive me Parafest, I personally found your post didactic and patronising. Sorry.

Love and Light,
Jeremy
Old 08-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy67
Um, isn't everyone's spiritual path different???

Parafest, what makes you think that your event would be of use to everybody? Surely the path for a lot of people involves developing in their own time and in their own space, not tagging along behind some organised event that's being imposed from above. It's because of thinking like that that many of us have turned away from the organised religions and their "we know what's best for you" attitude.

I'm sure that many found inspiration and enlightenment from your event, so don't feel too betrayed, but forgive me Parafest, I personally found your post didactic and patronising. Sorry.

Love and Light,
Jeremy

i bit my tongue with my post but thank you for having the courage to speak out i agree with you wholeheartedly
Old 08-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Knower
Hi daisy,

Thanks for your support... it's nice to know not everyone's going to rip your head off when you put your neck on the line

Love and Light,
Jeremy
Old 08-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Deactivated Account
hiya jeremy,you stated your opinion, just as parafest did, as did the others myself included. it is good to discuss these things xx
Old 08-11-2006, 06:42 PM
kundalini

Hi Parafest, I understand that you feel disappointed with the lack of support that was obviously apparent at your event but I personally feel that any truly spiritual person would not come onto a forum and bemoan that fact and begin to ask people how spiritual they really are.

The other thing is and I do not know where this event was held but I have little doubt that even if anyone wanted to attend the event, they may not be able to due to personal reasons and limitations.

Also, like Jeremy67, I find that there is a tint of organised religion coming from your post. My own advice to yourself would be to rethink your written communication skills.

Kundalini.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:16 PM
developing1

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Hi Parafest, I understand that you feel disappointed with the lack of support that was obviously apparent at your event but I personally feel that any truly spiritual person would not come onto a forum and bemoan that fact and begin to ask people how spiritual they really are.

The other thing is and I do not know where this event was held but I have little doubt that even if anyone wanted to attend the event, they may not be able to due to personal reasons and limitations.

Also, like Jeremy67, I find that there is a tint of organised religion coming from your post. My own advice to yourself would be to rethink your written communication skills.

Kundalini.

Kundalini,

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and parafest has a right to express his/hers, and to point out that they should rethink their written comunication skills is acting just as un-spiritually as what you thought Parafests post was

best wishes

Developing1
Closed Thread