Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-12-2010, 01:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
hehe sorry can't resist it
Yer laugh it out brother, what more can we do, its so funny lol.
Old 17-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Gracey

a hammerhead shark held in captivity and a komodo dragon held in captivity had virgins births, so they must be god too. imo, jesus was not god, his soul was a representation of god and he showed us his way, which was his greatest commandment....love.....and it is up to us to find our own.
Old 17-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Master
Do you see the lord like I do ?, this song I wrote says it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83r9a7LhA_s
Old 17-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
a hammerhead shark held in captivity and a komodo dragon held in captivity had virgins births, so they must be god too. imo, jesus was not god, his soul was a representation of god and he showed us his way, which was his greatest commandment....love.....and it is up to us to find our own.
Wonderfully said Gracey, you are certainly under grace.
Old 17-12-2010, 02:03 AM
papadan

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Why are you frightened of him ?, Jesus spoke to the ignorant at that time, he knew that he couldn't just come out and tell them the truth plainly, their ego's would have taken it for themselves. He spoke of this Oneness that we are all off as if it was him itself, he personalized it. The deeper truth is that what this man Jesus became, we can also when we believe we can. As long as you believe you can't, well thats where you will be, on the outside looking in. So whats taking you so long ?, come inside with me and rejoice, or party.
Never said I was afraid or frightened of him. Interesting that you read so much into my one statement.
By his words(as written in the Bible) it seems he believed he was the son of God.
Personally, I believe we all have the same forces at our disposal that it is written he used.
It is even written that he said that the things he did, we could do also.

I have been fortunate in this life, to have had an open mind since an early age. Most people seem blind to their possibilities, influenced by handed-down beliefs.
Old 17-12-2010, 02:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by papadan
Never said I was afraid or frightened of him. Interesting that you read so much into my one statement.
By his words(as written in the Bible) it seems he believed he was the son of God.
Personally, I believe we all have the same forces at our disposal that it is written he used.
It is even written that he said that the things he did, we could do also.

I have been fortunate in this life, to have had an open mind since an early age. Most people seem blind to their possibilities, influenced by handed-down beliefs.
That's it, its just all handed down beliefs, we have to discover the truth within for or SELF. Why do so many wast their time on a prophet that supposedly lived around 2000 years ago ?, yes we can follow what he pointed to but not him, that's just a wast of time.
Old 17-12-2010, 02:31 AM
papadan

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
That's it, its just all handed down beliefs, we have to discover the truth within for or SELF. Why do so many wast their time on a prophet that supposedly lived around 2000 years ago ?, yes we can follow what he pointed to but not him, that's just a wast of time.

Some people do not have the self-confidence to work alone. If their abilities are strengthened by a belief in a person that may or may not have lived centuries ago, I see nothing wrong with that. The end result is what matters.

The problem seems to come when people are influenced by the written living standards of other men that the Bible seems to contain.
When the Bible was made into one book by a group of men, the legends and written material they sorted through was either included or excluded to meet their standards of the time.

Most people do not realize that at the time,of the Bible, few people could read and written material was only in the hands of a few and interpreted to the masses. History bears this fact out.

Organized religion left out a lot of material that could have been very informative to an inquiring mind.
Old 17-12-2010, 02:48 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Some people do not have the self-confidence to work alone. If their abilities are strengthened by a belief in a person that may or may not have lived centuries ago, I see nothing wrong with that. The end result is what matters.

The problem seems to come when people are influenced by the written living standards of other men that the Bible seems to contain.
When the Bible was made into one book by a group of men, the legends and written material they sorted through was either included or excluded to meet their standards of the time.

Most people do not realize that at the time,of the Bible, few people could read and written material was only in the hands of a few and interpreted to the masses. History bears this fact out.

Organized religion left out a lot of material that could have been very informative to an inquiring mind.
Papadan,
Very well written. All very true.
Old 17-12-2010, 02:57 AM
Master
Quote:

Yes and thats my point, you have to move on from these supposedly scriptures, and supposedly god men, no matter who, we have to move on to find the truth within, its never going to be found outside. In other words we have to mature in spirit, not stay on the milk that is meant for babes, but to move onto the meat or the deeper truths.
Old 17-12-2010, 03:01 AM
Master
Hebrews 5

11Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

12For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

King James Version (KJV)