Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 25-06-2021, 05:07 PM
Master
From what i know most practitioners will be impacted one way or another.Energetically,mentally or even both.Others will develop handicaps as an exchange for the power they were given,etc.
Old 27-06-2021, 03:23 AM
Knower

I usually don't promote such a concept as an mental illness is just a spiritual disorder nor vise versa.

This can create even more hysteria than there already is. Some of the problems lays in the mind and some the Heart/Soul. And sometimes both being able to tell the difference or where and why it's latched and the trail it has latched onto. Isn't a easy peasy process, definitely not one of a novice status. People in the field of Mental health focus mainly just on the Mind, that is what they have spent such a long time learning. Same goes for spiritual side and some will try to combine both. Since the Mind is part of the Spiritual aspect and just as important as the Heart and Body. Neither is less important but some needs more attention than the other for different people.
Old 27-06-2021, 08:57 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
A person whom is spiritually aware- negations by practice ( has a fault marker by the psychiatric doctor
Schizophrenia and Spirituality come from the same areas of the brain, and frankly sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference between them. Using the word 'Spiritual' as a prefix is not Spiritual at all, it's dissociative and egotistical. Not to mention the creation of a Persona that is mistaken for the self.

The bottom line is that nobody wants to admit they're a head case, Spiritual people more so than most. Spiritual people aren't immune to mental health issues because they've labelled themselves, thinking that is does is bonkers.

Psychiatry isn't really interested in the beliefs of the person, they're interested in where those beliefs come from. The 'demons' that Spiritual people talk of and give reality to are just as bonkers as the demons non-Spiritual people think are after them.

Mental health 'drives' Spirituality, whether that is constructive or destructive is down the individual.
Old 27-06-2021, 09:00 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Your ideas about spirituality and how it relates to psychology are very different from mine. Never mind, it is not important.

Peace
Spirituality is the "what?" and from an individual perspective psychology is the "How?" Thinking that Spiritual understanding is somehow processed differently by the brain/psychology is not the Right Thinking of the Eightfold Path, nor is it constructive cognitive behaviour. The more you understand about psychology and Spirituality the more you understand that the ancients had it so deeply integrated into their religion/philosophy that they didn't have a word for it. Pretty much all of Western psychology has an Eastern equivalent. There are also certain fundamental differences between Eastern and Western psychological frameworks that, when you understand them, opens up a whole new understanding of Eastern religion/philosophy.
Old 27-06-2021, 02:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Schizophrenia and Spirituality come from the same areas of the brain, and frankly sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference between them. Using the word 'Spiritual' as a prefix is not Spiritual at all, it's dissociative and egotistical. Not to mention the creation of a Persona that is mistaken for the self....
I agree some of the demon quotes are bonkers... And I agree that mental illness and spiritual stuff come from the same area in the brain- what I don't agree with is how doctors mistake it for mental health issues- regarding the op first post is about this: which ever way you put it negation is still an issue... I've had first hand experience with this : been in mental health hospitals and the doctor mistaken an diagnose- so I know first hand how these things get out of control and are labeled incorrectly - I can see you agree with me on certain points- I'm nor schizophrenic' and been labeled intolerantly and involuntary... I know first thing the doctors don't know what they are talking about and I'm a fundamentalist... I seek middle ground when coming to spirituality and physics...

I'm a bit bonkers but only in a fundamental way - these lines get crossed and it's out of order.. People mistake spirituality and mental health when it's physics... Like I said sweeping the real issues under the rug... The bottom line is people ain't seeing it be and sweeping it under the rug- I quote ! Living the liberal-demarcation society!

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 28-06-2021 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 27-06-2021, 02:51 PM
Master
Maybe i should pay a visit to a doctor,go overdrive and let my poltergeist to do it's job.What you think it'll happen?
Old 28-06-2021, 07:35 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I agree some of the demon quotes are bonkers... And I agree that mental illness and spiritual stuff come from the same area in the brain- what I don't agree with is how doctors mistake it for mental health issues- regarding the op first post is about this: which ever way you put it negation is still an issue...
Doctors know the difference between mental health and any belief system and this is what Spiritual people simply don't want to understand. They're not interested in Spirituality because it's a belief system, what they're interested in is how those beliefs are formed and how people use them. If people use Spirituality to claim they are immune to being bonkers then they they have a mental health issue.

Quote:
I've had first hand experience with this : been in mental health hospitals and the doctor mistaken an diagnose
What qualifies you to know more about mental health than the dctors?

Quote:
I'm a bit bonkers but only in a fundamental way - these lines get crossed and it's out of order.. People mistake spirituality and mental health when it's physics... Like I said sweeping the real issues under the rug... The bottom line is people ain't seeing it be and sweeping it under the rug- I quote ! Living the liberal-demarcation society!
For the most part it's people who can't come to terms with themselves that hit out at everything other than themselves.
Old 28-06-2021, 11:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Doctors know the difference between mental health and any belief system and this is what Spiritual people simply don't want to understand. They're not interested in Spirituality because it's a belief system, what they're interested in is how those beliefs are formed and how people use them. If people use Spirituality to claim they are immune to being bonkers then they they have a mental health issue....
It's delusional thinking- to think I'm not as well equipped as the my own doctor- I have zero signs and been diagnosed , imagine I wasn't well equipped -only I would know that though- I've been observing my self for years and I have nobly practised jumps..that's the only thing delusional about the self- how I woke up back home from each country- that's the most schizophrenia relation I have: and it's in context of a full frontal-perception in the cortex... Not schizophrenia - I'm well more adapted to diagnose the self than the doctor is just getting a pay check putting people through the system : and it stinks! End up murdered in the back ally by its policy! And you know it... I know it- end discrimination now!!!

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 28-06-2021 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 28-06-2021, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
...You have just described the state of our mental health professionals quite accurately.
It is really not their fault they think this way, that is how they have been trained.
Magic is real yet not attainable for many who have blocks and self imposed restrictions.
This was excellent.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-06-2021, 05:45 PM
Knower

Quote:
The 'demons' that Spiritual people talk of and give reality to are just as bonkers as the demons non-Spiritual people think are af
There's many people who believe in demons, who are a few fries short of a happy meal.
Who misconstrued what they see on tv as real, or some demon crawling out of the pits of hell. Or what they read or was told
Which isn't much different as many people who go to spiritual website's and believe whatever the current fade is. Then put on that coat as if it is there coat.
It's like the show Charned (original and new one) when that show came out, o man did the flood gates open. The new agy (not to be confused with New Age) flood poured heavy on so many new "witches" and some with "powers". It was a good show, but that's it a show. Sure there was a very small idea within spiritual sense. The rest of the 99% was just californication
Even my Christian Teacher that I once had, drilled me pretty hard on the topic of demons. His way of making sure I wasn't just a crackpot or something.
It seems that Spiritually now has become flooded with "new agy" hysteria nonsense. Within that flood it's easy for people with mental health issues to project it onto spirituality and the flavor of the day. Then there are those who would of seeked spiritually naturally. Who gets caught in this flood and tossed around, which makes it difficult for them.

What Jesus said about giving onto Ceaser what is his and onto God what is his.
Is not as simple to discern as the coin with Ceaser's face on it anymore, the face is being blurred. Even the concept of discernment is being misconstrued with being judgemental. Like a conversation I was having with someone who claimed discernment. When it came down to it, was just passing jugement of personal belief out of more than likely fear and hatred.