Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 27-09-2020, 02:29 AM
Master
Thumbs up 😌 HINDU MANTRAS 😌

This thread is devoted to the discussion of
the various mantras devoted to Hinduism.

Feel free to discuss.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Last edited by BigJohn : 27-09-2020 at 03:29 AM.
Old 27-09-2020, 02:40 AM
Master
😌 Shiva Panchakshari (five syllables) Mantra

Shiva Panchakshari (five syllables) Mantra

ॐ नमः शिवाय

TRANSLITERATION:* "Om Namah Shivaya"

TRANSLATION: I bow down to Shiva. Shiva is the supreme reality and the inner Self. The name is given to the consciousness that dwells in all of us.

PURPOSE OF MANTRA: Wealth, money, prosperity, health

* A Transliteration is how the word is pronounced phonetically using English letters.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 28-09-2020, 08:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

ॐ नमः शिवाय

TRANSLATION: I bow down to Shiva. Shiva is the supreme reality and the inner Self. The name is given to the consciousness that dwells in all of us.

[/i]

I love the Aum Namo Shivaya mantra, a very powerful mantra that affects all aspects of the speakers life. I would point out, with respect, (and this is just my opinion) that the purpose of the mantra is not wealth, money, or prosperity. The purpose of that mantra is to connect to the divine and through saying it with intent, to raise your consciousness. Once the power of the divine is invoked, if Shiva deems it necessary to help you financially, in order for you to be able to practice and develop more easily, then he will, but he might decide that you have too many distractions, and take some things away. One of Krishna`s names is Hare, this translates to `he who takes away.` Money, prosperity and financial gain are human requirements, the Mantra`s purpose is to take you beyond being human and back to being divine.
Old 19-03-2021, 10:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

ॐ नमः शिवाय

* A Transliteration is how the word is pronounced phonetically using English letters.

'Om Namah Shivaya' is considered the most powerful mantra in Hinduism.

It was the favourite mantra of the Avatar Rama.

It is considered to remove negative energy and infuse positive energies in the one who chants.

An elderly friend of mine told me that as a child he used to suffer from persistent nightmares. Upon discussing this with his grandmother, she advised him to chant the 'Om Namah Shivaya' mantra before sleeping.

Upon commencing this practice then till now, he stated that he had never suffered from nightmares after that.

It is possible that it is all sorts of inauspicious and negative energies that results in us having nightmares or negative incidents. Chanting this mantra possibly helps to get rid off much of these inauspicious energies and bring forth auspiciousness and positivity.

https://www.artofliving.org/in-en/cu...-shivay-mantra

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 08-11-2020, 07:15 AM
Aditi

"I have surrendered my soul at the fearless feet of the Mother
I am afraid of Death no more, for unto the hair on the back of my head
is tied the almighty mantra; the name of Mother Kali..." -Ramakrishna

I feel this, so much. There couldn't be a more powerful mantra than the name or names of your beloved ishta devata.
Old 22-02-2021, 12:07 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditi
"I have surrendered my soul at the fearless feet of the Mother
I am afraid of Death no more, for unto the hair on the back of my head
is tied the almighty mantra; the name of Mother Kali..." -Ramakrishna

I feel this, so much. There couldn't be a more powerful mantra than the name or names of your beloved ishta devata.
I found the rest of that poem, it's not Ramakrishna, it's Ramprasad. This is what I get for finding quotes on the internet

How do you guys feel about people using mantras to get favours? I only use them for bhakti and as a way to keep my mind under control. If I want something, I ask for it in English, but more and more, I feel like wanting anything other than divine intimacy is a bit pointless.
Old 23-02-2021, 06:10 PM
Master

asking from God

Quote:
How do you guys feel about people using mantras to get favours? I only use them for bhakti and as a way to keep my mind under control. If I want something, I ask for it in English, but more and more, I feel like wanting anything other than divine intimacy is a bit pointless.

IF it's about asking from God , it's not bad so far as it stems from genuine faith and so far as it's not just one another way to get things done. Relying only on God without in anyway disobeying Him in any way is certainly not bad.

But keep asking God every now and then turns into routine commerce/business / give and take mercenary affair . This again is not bad but it is not great/sublime either . Because the God's primary dealings are out of love without any material considerations and He loves His child also appreciate His ways of living and adopts it joyfully.

God being in-dwelling companion is privy to our thoughts . So even if we dont formally ask anything from God , God knows/reads /understands us (and our communications/vibrations ) and then determines our actual nature of dealing with Him.
Old 31-03-2021, 08:06 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
But keep asking God every now and then turns into routine commerce/business / give and take mercenary affair . This again is not bad but it is not great/sublime either . Because the God's primary dealings are out of love without any material considerations and He loves His child also appreciate His ways of living and adopts it joyfully.
Very true. Your point reminds me of that devotee (I don't recall his name, it's been a while since I heard the story) of Chaitanya's, who refused to accept a boon, saying something like, "I won't barter my love for worldly trinkets." After being talked into asking for something, all he wanted was that Chaitanya should always remain in his life in a context similar to Krishna the butter thief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
God being in-dwelling companion is privy to our thoughts . So even if we dont formally ask anything from God , God knows/reads /understands us (and our communications/vibrations ) and then determines our actual nature of dealing with Him.
I absolutely agree, but at the same time, I think speaking out loud to God is something everyone should do, or at least try, sometimes. It's probably not that God needs to hear you with ears or anything like that, I suspect it's related more to your willingness to appear crazy in the eyes of the world. But there really is something to it.
Old 31-03-2021, 06:20 PM
Master

worldly trinket

Quote:
Very true. Your point reminds me of that devotee (I don't recall his name, it's been a while since I heard the story) of Chaitanya's, who refused to accept a boon, saying something like, "I won't barter my love for worldly trinkets." After being talked into asking for something, all he wanted was that Chaitanya should always remain in his life in a context similar to Krishna the butter thief.
While worldly trinkets too has its value , Love for divine too is very precious to treasure and preserve. We can have divine touch even in our worldly pursuits by understanding , respecting and following their precept even if slowly .

Quote:
I absolutely agree, but at the same time, I think speaking out loud to God is something everyone should do, or at least try, sometimes. It's probably not that God needs to hear you with ears or anything like that, I suspect it's related more to your willingness to appear crazy in the eyes of the world. But there really is something to it.

Speaking out loud is definitely good from psychological/physiological perspective. My point was God's language is multi-faceted and He can understand all kinds of communication (spoken/unspoken/thought/written/ unwritten /acted upon/between the lines) and determine the real talk/thought/point of the seeker easily.
Old 10-04-2021, 03:53 AM
Master

Quote:
I suspect it's related more to your willingness to appear crazy in the eyes of the world. But there really is something to it.

i suspect you are right, god might appreciate willingness to act against the sanction of the world