Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 30-04-2019, 03:42 PM
Guide

Going back to the same dream after waking up

For years I've had recurring dreams about my ex since we broke up 10 years ago. These dreams almost always take place at the house we had together and the details of the house change every time. When these dreams started happening, I saw the house as messy and in need of repairs and as time went on I cleaned up the house, remodeled and redecorated, and in the last dream I finished planting the garden and put all the tools in the shed...I suppose to signify I was finished working out this issue in my subconscious. It was an emotionally abusive relationship that lasted 8 years too long and when I finally had the courage to leave I never looked back, moved on with my life and got married. Strange thing is, my ex is always really nice in these dreams, quite opposite of how he was in real life.

Now, last night in my dream I was wearing all yellow clothes (courage) and I walked down the street from our old house to find him in another house looking out the front door waiting for me. He invited me inside and was showing me around. The house he was in was dark and messy and unorganized with junk everywhere. People kept coming inside looking for him like he was in trouble with the law and girls knocked on the door flirting with him and he whispered to me not to tell them I was his ex. I had the feeling he wanted to tell me something or be intimate with me. I knew this in the dream and was repulsed by the thought. I woke up sweating, it was so vivid and real like I really felt his presence. I fell back asleep and re-entered the dream!! Now he was cooking something for me, making a mess and about to tell me something but either I forgot or woke up again.

What kind of dream was this where you go back to the same dream after waking? It felt so real and he continues to haunt my dreams after so many years...could there have been a deeper connection or were we on another plane of existence together? Or maybe just my subconscious continuing to try to be at peace with that traumatic time of my life?
Old 30-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Guide
If a dream is still on your mind as you fall back asleep, it is common to fall back into the dream, or a version of the dream.