Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 08-01-2022, 04:14 PM
Newbie ;)

Spirit talk

My belief about meditation is that the soul exchanges emotional content that has been gained due to the interaction with other human beings. The good feelings add to the spiritual advancement. Harmful emotions like anger, jealousy, fear, sorrow are factors that contribute to the delay in the soul’s final destination of renouncing the carnal body. Everyday meditation clears the stress content in the soul and brings clarity of the job ahead. But it takes years to reach this far. But why does the soul not drive the body towards that destination? A thought had crossed my mind, that the soul without body does not have the power to manifest the good faith in the people. This combined effort of the spirit with body can guide the onward movement towards God realization.
Old 08-01-2022, 06:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by truetospirit
But why does the soul not drive the body towards that destination?
Certain schools of thought claim that the Soul has little interest in the incarnate human being until the human form seeks contact with the Soul.

Up until that particular incarnation the Soul does whatever it does on its own plane while the embodied personality learns its lessons on the physical plane.

Once Soul contact has been made then the Soul takes a more active interest in its extension in form, and it does "drive the body towards that destination."

But the Soul has to contend with the resistance of the dense physical vehicle as well as the stubborn resistance of the mind/emotions to the guiding impulses of the Soul.

It can take a long time for personality to actively co-operate with Soul intention.

Peace
Old 09-01-2022, 08:31 AM
Master

Doesn’t Soul control personality, iamthat?
Old 09-01-2022, 06:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
Doesn’t Soul control personality, iamthat?
Only after a certain point in our development, when the Soul can use the personality as a vehicle for Soul expression.

After all, look at all the examples of human behaviour around the world today. They hardly indicate a personality controlled by the Soul.

Peace
Old 09-01-2022, 08:37 PM
Legrand

Pixiedust,

I do agree with what I Am That is saying.

The sames goes with the Gods as for the individual Soul, they won't interfere in this world unless we open a door for them to do so.

This is what limits us the most on our spiritual path, thinking we are not good enough to receive grace.

Enjoy!

Antoine
Old 10-01-2022, 02:21 AM
Knower

I thought it was soul that chose the "difficult lessons" that are a large part of Earthly reality, that Earth was designed by soul, for soul. I wouldn't say that at any time are souls indifferent towards their incarnate personalities, but that the latter, in concert with our concretist society, gravitate towards increased separation within awareness from their souls. Souls give out hints, but these can be like whispers, drowned out by the louder noise of everyday life.

Once this wall has been established, it can be very difficult for the incarnate personality to make contact with their soul, even if they wanted to, which many do not. To many, or even most, a soul is something they have, not something they are.

Concrete reality is highly distracting from anything of a spiritual nature, in some ways more so now than 100-200 years ago, when belief in God was so much stronger. Obviously, reality is not so concrete for members of these forums, as for the general public.

JoeColo
Old 10-01-2022, 08:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
The sames goes with the Gods as for the individual Soul, they won't interfere in this world unless we open a door for them to do so.

This is what limits us the most on our spiritual path, thinking we are not good enough to receive grace.

Can you speak more about "Gods?" This feels interesting to me.
Old 10-01-2022, 08:32 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

After all, look at all the examples of human behaviour around the world today. They hardly indicate a personality controlled by the Soul.

Peace

I guess I'm thinking that the "Soul" is always present and it's when an individual (whatever an individual is) allows 'ego' to recede/not be dominant, then the light can travel through a little more. Perhaps that is when better decisions might be made.

Therefore, I'm thinking that even if poor decisions are made i.e. driven by the flashes of ego, it is still the one behind the curtain that has chosen to transform/attach itself to ego.

pixiedust
Old 13-01-2022, 06:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by truetospirit
But why does the soul not drive the body towards that destination? A thought had crossed my mind, that the soul without body does not have the power to manifest the good faith in the people. This combined effort of the spirit with body can guide the onward movement towards God realization.

What we call “the soul” does drive the body towards a greater spiritual awareness. But most people are at war with themselves and they do not listen to interior guidance. We often get in the way of our own spiritual development. God seeks me much more than I could ever seek God.

In my opinion planet Earth is a planet of awakening; all of the elements are here for us to grow ourselves. Beings reincarnate here because they can do spiritual work with a human body that they are unable to do without a human body.

The Great Work of humanity is self transformation; going from homo sapiens to homo spiritualists. The process is automatic but can be speeded up if we get out of our own way. What we give our attention to will grow.

I am a center of expression, a translucent being, which has an incredibly clear presence. We often taint that clarity of being with all sorts of hues. Hues that can be seen in our aura. The human central nervous system allows us to ride the kundalini wave, that coiled like serpent which helps us raise our consciousness.

The foundation of experience is feeling, or touch, because what we feel we are in touch with. We are all connected on a sublime level, growing more and more into the oneness of our being. Touch is the foundation of all of our senses.

When a person says that they don’t feel anything it does not mean that they are feeling nothing, as there is no such thing as nothing. We go from a coarse existence to and extremely fine existence, which may feel and seem like “nothing.”
Old 13-01-2022, 09:24 AM
hazada guess

Oh,iamthat.How I agree with your post #2.