Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 26-05-2022, 06:55 PM
Master
QUOTE 50 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

I don't really have aversions

Last edited by Still_Waters : 27-05-2022 at 01:47 PM.
Old 27-05-2022, 06:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
... but there are problems which are all too common, and there is a lot of fakery, scammery and corruption going on out there.
This is true, but even a fake or corrupt guru can teach valuable lessons.

Maybe their followers hand over large sums of money and end up disillusioned - there is a valuable lesson.

Maybe their followers lack the discrimination and discernment to question the guru's words and behaviour, blindly obeying the guru and ending up disappointed - there is another valuable lesson.

If such a fake guru attracts followers then that fake guru is fulfilling some kind of need in those followers. Gurus get the followers they deserve, followers get the gurus they deserve.

Years ago I read about an Indian teacher (I forget which one) who was asked what he thought of gurus who were all outward show without inner substance. This teacher responded that they served a purpose, attracting the more superficial seeker and leaving the genuine teachers to work with more genuine seekers.

Postscript. I am reminded of a documentary I saw about an Indian fellow in America, born and brought up in New Jersey, who (as an experiment) set himself up as a guru from India, gave himself some fancy name and began teaching, filming the results. He made up various meditations and spiritual practices, stating that these were ancient practices handed down over the centuries. He attracted followers who attended his workshops and courses, and some of them gained great benefits from what he taught. Eventually his conscience got the better of him and he confessed all at a group meeting. Naturally some were upset, others were angry, but some were still exceedingly grateful to him for all the help he had given them. Interesting.

Peace
Old 28-05-2022, 03:23 PM
Master

A lot of conversations about teachers and a distraction, unless it is about the question. If so, can people say how and tie it all together. Can we return to the question.
Old 28-05-2022, 03:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm just going full radical with that view, and I don't really have aversions

I doubt that Gem.

In meditation, we observe the skepticism, cynicism, feelings accompanying that...etc.
Old 28-05-2022, 05:12 PM
Master
I got at least 6500 reincarnations before my soul is dead- all painful- wouldn’t change my opinion on god/ sources- but doesn’t affect my atom or account per say: it isn’t observing me- just the life we know is observing me- pain, heartache heartbreak, reincarnation- separation…

All to make me stronger and far more accurate and accountable: to practice my meditation and exercise my here and now state…

Being one with it- instead of a victim of it..

Challenge with it-

What breaks me makes me stronger; the body will die but my spirit won’t..

Only makes me stronger

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 28-05-2022, 07:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
A lot of conversations about teachers and a distraction, unless it is about the question. If so, can people say how and tie it all together. Can we return to the question.

Relative to the original question, my response to the question(s) raised by Lynn is so consistent with the understanding of both Ramana Maharshi and Edgar Cayce that I will use Ramana's words since he expresses himself more articulately on this subject than I can.

"Questions regarding the nature of Liberation can arise only so on as there is individuality. Dissolution of this individuality is alone true Liberation eternally attained."

My understanding of "oblivion" is the "dissolution of individuality". Lynn asks: "What if our (individual) Soul has run its course?" It would seem that individuality would dissolve of its own accord when, as Lynn puts it, "our (individual) soul has run its course". My understanding is that this is NOT an individual choice but rather a natural evolutionary phenomenon.

This understanding seems consistent with Cayce's statement: "as we prepare the self for the vistas of the various consciousnesses upon the stages of development, we become a part that -if out pathway is being led alright.” Cayce calls it "development" during which "we become a part" (of something more encompassing) and thus "dissolve" (using Ramana's terminology). As Cayce points out, we must be prepared for "the vistas of the various consciousnesses" (sometimes referred to as planes).

Regarding reincarnation and past lives, Ramana explicitly states that the "reincarnating ego is of the lower planes" (Cayce's vistas of the various consciousnessess IMHO).

Without quibbling about the specific terminology and choice of specific words which are inadequate to express the inexpressible, that is my understanding and it seems consistent with the Edgar Cayce quote, Ramana Maharshi's perspective, and the perspective of other sages particularly in non-duality belief systems.
Old 28-05-2022, 07:08 PM
Master
QUOTE 52 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

Years ago I read about an Indian teacher (I forget which one) who was asked what he thought of gurus who were all outward show without inner substance. This teacher responded that they served a purpose, attracting the more superficial seeker and leaving the genuine teachers to work with more genuine seekers.

I love that teacher's perspective.
Old 28-05-2022, 08:27 PM
Administrator
Please keep to topic

Namaste
Old 02-06-2022, 12:04 PM
Knower

If oblivion is non-existence then I’d say offhand that no, souls cannot so choose.

I was and am counterpart with someone. We both really don’t want to reincarnate on Earth. After this life is done, she doesn’t want to exist anywhere, but I want to exist in a different physical dimension.

As for my soul being “done” I could live to be older than the combined ages of all the atoms in the universe, and if in the right type of physical reality, where I could choose all physical things I experience, and who I am, (but not others’ choices) which I can do neither on Earth, then my soul would still not be “done.” I have imagined this, and a “labor of love,” exploring all of All That Is, more than equal to this incredibly vast length of time.

JoeColo