Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-02-2023, 08:30 PM
Master
The Lord's Prayer.

Should the opening line of the Lord's Prayer be altered to.....
Our Parent who art in heaven?
I personally don't think so but today here in the UK the Bishops and Officials from the Anglican Church (Church of England) are meeting to decide. If it goes ahead what other Scriptures will they alter to make God Gender neutral, I believe they are opening a can of worms....
Old 08-02-2023, 10:19 PM
Experiencer

[quote=sky]Should the opening line of the Lord's Prayer be altered to.....
Our Parent who art in heaven?

Its nothing new. Gods written word has been altered by satans will already. The removal of Gods personal name in about 7000 places is one of the biggest atrocities ever. God inspired his name in those spots because he wants it there. Only religions that remain in darkness refuse to put it back. They as well condemned the ones who did put it back. Think about that.
That is sick thinking trying to alter that to parent. It shows whose will they follow.
Old 08-02-2023, 11:29 PM
Did Jesus say Parent? No. So, no change.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-02-2023, 12:27 AM
Knower

There are various accounts that The Lord's Prayer is based on activating the Tree of Life as it fits on the human.

For example:

"Each line of the Lord’s Prayer is actually like a password phrase to trigger or turn on or highly awaken each of the power centers. It’s just like a key to each one. It turns them on and then when that happens as that divine energy comes down when you say the Lord’s Prayer in a certain way all the chakras are been cleansed, highly activated, energized and charged increasing your spiritual connection and accelerating your spiritual development"

https://www.thepranichealers.com/uni...-prayer-course

Or

Our Father (Chokmah)
Which art in heaven (Binah)
Hallowed be thy name (Keter/Da’at)
Thy kingdom come (Chesed)
Thy will be done (Gevurah)
On earth, as it is in heaven (Tiferet)
Give us this day our daily bread (Netzach)
Forgive us our sin as we forgive those who sin against us (Hod)
Lead us not into temptation, and deliver us from evil. (Yesod)

http://www.13petals.org/kabbalah/the...-lords-prayer/

There is some academic argument about whether the NT was written before the OT so what is obvious may not be true

https://books.google.com.au/books/ab...MC&redir_esc=y
Old 09-02-2023, 04:02 PM
Knower
Nice read/post @Mora321
When we can see the energies that relate to YHVH we can have a better understanding of our energetic workings.
Which gives deeper meanings to Biblical readings, Prayer and contemplation/meditation.

YHVH= Usually translated as God in the Bible.
Old 10-02-2023, 12:32 AM
Master

I think maybe Jesus called God his father because he didn't have a real one. Jesus's mom got pregnant by the holy spirit, not Joseph, so God was literally Jesus's father.

Mary is told in the bible by the angel Gabriel that God will be the father of Jesus.

Luke 1:26-38
New International Version

26 God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary.

30 the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High.

34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will ..."

Matthew 1:18

Birth of Jesus
18 This is how the birth of Jesus Christ took place. When Mary his mother was engaged to Joseph, before they were married, she became pregnant by the Holy Spirit.
Old 10-02-2023, 01:08 AM
Master

Abun d-bashmayo - That's the first line of the lords prayer from the original source in Aramaic that was later translated into Greek. Jesus spoke Aramaic, not Greek.

I don't think Jesus ever said the phrase "Our Father" from researching on the internet just now.

I did some internet digging around and found out the phrase "Our Father" only appeared when the original Arabic text was translated into Greek. The Greek translators changed the Arabic word Abun into the Greek word Abba which means father. Aramaic scholars tell us abun does not mean father. Abun means Spirit of Light, Birther of the Cosmos.

So the first line of the Lord's Prayer that Jesus said was actually "Spirit of Light, Birther of the Cosmos, focus your light within us. Make it useful."

https://www.douglasucc.org/homilies/...-aramaic-jesus
Old 10-02-2023, 01:09 PM
''The Aramaic word "Abba" (אבא), meaning "Father" is used by Jesus in Mark 14:36
also appears in Romans 8:15 and Galatians 4:6.''

What did Jesus really say, then?
Abba is Greek...Jesus didn't speak Greek among his crowd. So he never said Abba? But, Abun? Whoa.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-02-2023, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Finally, someone says this- Also in this link pretty far down:

" And when Jesus says my name, he wasn't referring to a personal name.
The Aramaic word for name is more in line of “my energy, my vibration, my spirit.”

Hallelujah! ^

''So really what he was saying, that no one can come to the Father except through my name is,
“No one can experience fully the birther of the cosmos, the spirit of the light,
except through the energy or vibration of the Christ,” which he said is within each one of us.
So that takes on a very different meaning.''

YES! Hello?

Old 10-02-2023, 02:36 PM
Experiencer

If the Church of England does decide to try gender neutral words, I hope it's bold when making the changes. It's not got a good track record for boldness though. :(