Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 04-09-2019, 09:11 PM
leadville

It's sad that it's eight years since this thread was active.....and the answer to the question still appears to be 'very few'.

One of the members in this thread, an online friend, passed over at a very young age in desperately tragic circumstances. Another is around as still am I.

So that's just thee and me presently, BJ - assuming you're one. Unless anyone cares to join us and declare that Modern Spiritualism is their persuasion too?
Old 06-09-2019, 12:30 AM
Master
Sorry to hear the loss of your on-line friend.
I am surprised that somebody was able to tell you what happened.

As for me, I used to give talks 2-3 times a month at one of the Spiritualist Churches.
Used to be called on to do messages in two Churches. If I should show up at
either Church today, I probably would still be called upon to give messages.

I even had once a 2 part Spiritual newspaper in which each section was 24 pages in tabloid format.
I suspect I got severely burned out doing that. I did the art work,
formatting, and everything else involved with publishing that paper.

Lately, I have been very 'busy' but still keep in touch with others of like mine.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-09-2019, 04:57 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Sorry to hear the loss of your on-line friend.
I am surprised that somebody was able to tell you what happened.

As for me, I used to give talks 2-3 times a month at one of the Spiritualist Churches.
Used to be called on to do messages in two Churches. If I should show up at
either Church today, I probably would still be called upon to give messages.

I even had once a 2 part Spiritual newspaper in which each section was 24 pages in tabloid format.
I suspect I got severely burned out doing that. I did the art work,
formatting, and everything else involved with publishing that paper.

Lately, I have been very 'busy' but still keep in touch with others of like mine.

It was quite a shock to learn my friend had ended his life because he had confidently told me about his plans for the future not long before it happened.

It's impossible to know someone's true feelings, of course, but I hadn't picked up he was at a point where he would do that. Looking back, though, he had said some odd things which may have been indicators I just hadn't seen.

I am interested in the publication you worked on. Are you able to say more about it?

Also it appears you're a medium from what you've said above but that you are no longer serve a church circuit? Is that correct? If so, would you mind saying why you've stopped?
Old 11-09-2019, 06:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
It was quite a shock to learn my friend had ended his life because he had confidently told me about his plans for the future not long before it happened.

It's impossible to know someone's true feelings, of course, but I hadn't picked up he was at a point where he would do that. Looking back, though, he had said some odd things which may have been indicators I just hadn't seen.
I am sorry to hear.... but I suspected.
I had a brother-in-law who confided with me with some of his feelings. He was disabled and could no longer work as a carpenter. He transferred the business to one of his daughter so he could apply and receive Social Security. He thought he would be in control of the business but found out the hard way he was no longer the boss. He became depressed about that but I suspect his wife's heart cutting words such as "He is going to die" took a toll on his psyche.
One day, when I was at his home, he told me "It will not be long and we will take long hikes up in the mountains" which is odd because he had a hard time walking to his truck. Then he did the oddest thing and that was he kissed me on each cheek. That Sunday, when his wife was in Church, he went into the bedroom, locked the door, and then used a Colt 45 LC. Even today that event still bothers me.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-09-2019, 06:13 AM
Master
Quote:
I am interested in the publication you worked on. Are you able to say more about it?
I stopped publishing the newspaper 6 months after 9/11/2001.
I put my heart fully in that paper.
The articles came from anybody who wanted to write an article. I believed this would be a good representation of the community and besides, nothing weird would be presented because it was under the direction of spirit.
I had printed, 17,000 copies for each issue and I distributed each copy.

Old 11-09-2019, 06:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Also it appears you're a medium from what you've said above but that you are no longer serve a church circuit? Is that correct? If so, would you mind saying why you've stopped?
I use to go to three Churches on Sunday, one meeting on Wednesday and another Church service on Thursday. The Church I went to on Thursday I also attended on Sunday. At that Church I was called on to do the public talks at that Church about 3 times a month. One of the other Churches I would also give talks. At those 2 Churches, I would messages and do healings. At one of the Churches I would give classes every one in a while. Sometimes they would have a Psychic fair and I would participate.
As for being a Medium, some might say I am and some might say I am not.

Why did I quit? I live in the USA but at the time, my wife and daughter were in the transition of moving over 8500 miles to be in the USA with me. We arrived on our way back to the USA at Los Angeles airport on a Thursday. At the airport, we were stopped at immigration. I was detained for a few hours and my right knee swelled up and the skin broke. I got home and never gave it a thought about the broken skin. That Sunday I went to Church and afterwards sat across the table from the woman who played the piano and organ while we drank some coffee and ate some cake. It turned out she had just got released from the hospital for having MRSA (bacteria that eats you alive) on her lungs. It turned out the hospital did not get all of her MRSA. I got MRSA from her and it stayed with me for over 1 year. I was even told to get my affairs together because I was probably going to die. I did not die but she died from MRSA shortly after I got MRSA.

I think about going back every once in a while..... it is just a matter of time.

Now that I have talked about myself, tell me about yourself.

Old 11-09-2019, 11:09 AM
leadville

Quote:
I use to go to three Churches on Sunday, one meeting on Wednesday and another Church service on Thursday. The Church I went to on Thursday I also attended on Sunday. At that Church I was called on to do the public talks at that Church about 3 times a month. One of the other Churches I would also give talks. At those 2 Churches, I would messages and do healings. At one of the Churches I would give classes every one in a while. Sometimes they would have a Psychic fair and I would participate.
As for being a Medium, some might say I am and some might say I am not.

Why did I quit? I live in the USA but at the time, my wife and daughter were in the transition of moving over 8500 miles to be in the USA with me. We arrived on our way back to the USA at Los Angeles airport on a Thursday. At the airport, we were stopped at immigration. I was detained for a few hours and my right knee swelled up and the skin broke. I got home and never gave it a thought about the broken skin. That Sunday I went to Church and afterwards sat across the table from the woman who played the piano and organ while we drank some coffee and ate some cake. It turned out she had just got released from the hospital for having MRSA (bacteria that eats you alive) on her lungs. It turned out the hospital did not get all of her MRSA. I got MRSA from her and it stayed with me for over 1 year. I was even told to get my affairs together because I was probably going to die. I did not die but she died from MRSA shortly after I got MRSA.

I think about going back every once in a while..... it is just a matter of time.

Now that I have talked about myself, tell me about yourself.

Wow! You were very unlucky to get infected by MRSA (a different bacterium from the one that causes so-called 'flesh eating' necrotising fasciitis incidentally) and to have been sick for so long. You must have thought your time was nigh but thankfully you made it through. Hope you had good medical insurance!

You say you live in the US and based on words you'd used elsewhere I'd already figured that out. I'm guessing you once lived elsewhere with your wife and child and you were all being processed by border control / INS, your family having traveled 8500 miles to join you. That's a long way east or south they had come from!

I'm well aware that the US Spiritualism scene is somewhat different from ours here in the UK but based on what you've said about giving messages, healing and addresses in chuch that sounds like mediumship to me. Do YOU consider yourself a medium?

Tell you something about myself you ask? That's nowhere near as interesting as your story but here goes. It's well over 35 years since the bereavement that led me to becoming a Modern Spiritualist and doing what I do now. Not just here (occasional visits nowadays) but another website where I am active daily.

In spring and in our so-called summer thru early fall I live in the UK. Early fall thru early spring I'm a snowbird in AZ. My website is populated predominantly by North Americans, predominantly citizens of the USA. From their enquiries and responses, along with my own experience of the US, I have a fair insight into what's going down. In the UK I'm also pretty au fait with what's happening.

Like I said, nowhere near as interesting as your story.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:01 PM
Master
Snowbird in Arizona?
I am in Arizona - Tucson
(home of the largest Gem and mineral shows in the World).

Old 11-09-2019, 12:03 PM
Master
As for MRSA:
I have had other similar experiences
but I look at myself as the emerging Phoenix
even in the hardest of times.

Old 11-09-2019, 01:42 PM
leadville

Quote:
Snowbird in Arizona?
I am in Arizona - Tucson
(home of the largest Gem and mineral shows in the World).

Just down I-10 from me.....

Tucson is kinda out in the boonies for us guys. PHX Sky Harbor is our fly-in airport and the city is where we go for big shopping.

Nice scenery round your way though, especially The Catalinas. We sometimes hike the State Park there because Picacho Peak is too much for my wife nowadays.

small world, eh?