Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 28-10-2012, 05:17 PM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Psychotic people have a brain imbalance and shouldn't be doing anything to stir up Kundalini forcefully. Even those who are not psychotic shouldn't play around with this energy. (Read Living with Kundalini by Gopi Krishna.) There are a few rare individuals who can manage it if they have a proper guide. Drugs may have provoked a Kundalini-body reaction.

When Kundalini arises spontaneously and naturally, it is a sign of real spiritual awakening and it will stop when its job of purification is finished. And BTW not everyone has these experiences.

People who have psychotic episodes are not grounded in the body. It's important to be grounded on the spiritual journey. Sometimes it happens with children, who are even more vulnerable because children by definition are not fully grounded.

I've heard the importance of becoming grounded many times. How does one become grounded?
Old 28-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Master
There are simple ways to ground oneself, peacegarden.

Walking barefoot or lying on one's belly on the earth is one type. Being more aware in the physical senses is another.

For me it's grounding enough to breathe fully down in my lower belly, below the navel.

Some people find it works best to breathe like this while visualizing river-like flows in the core trunk of subtle energy in the spinal cord, then down through the legs, out through the feet and rooting deeply into the earth.

Xan

Old 28-10-2012, 05:26 PM
peacegarden

Thank you for these ideas Xan. I saw your thread on the breathing the other day. I think it's something I'll work on. I've taken up qigong, and they speak about rooting oneself in the earth like a tree.
Old 28-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Master
When I practiced qigong I found it very balancing... between yin and yang, and between heaven and earth like it says.

Xan

Old 28-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Deactivated Account
Leaving aside any possibility that the OP isn't genuine for now, kundalini can cause psychotic episodes from what I'm aware. And from my experience I can sort of understand it. I'm reasonably stable yet when I awakened I found the experience pretty intense and scary as well as beautiful.

Mikael I will trust what you're saying and suggest that focussing firmly on allowing the energy to move through you. The illusions of grandeour come from ego which is interfering with the awakening process and claiming it as its own doing rather than as coming from spirit. I'd hazard a guess that this is why you have become psychotic.

By all means get the help you need to control the psychosis. None of us can claim to be psych doctors here and it's important you are treated and detained if necessary.

From a spiritual viewpoint, keep focussing on your body and the energy without attaching thoughts/emotions to it. I appreciate this is hard, but it can be done. Just let the energy, when it comes, to flow through you. As the others have said, use grounding techniques, focus on breathing and letting anything else go. Concentating on the body's energy takes the focus off the mind and the ego.

Just wondering whether you were prone to mental health difficulties prior to awakening or if it started simulateously?

I hope things start to settle down.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:11 PM
nirgunidas

insane

I am from India u see wht others can not because of activation of 3rd eye on .kundalini is not in your physical body nor is part of it then what is it .but most of meditate on body part that is the basic .As in Hindi there are four bodies .why you start weeping because you feel that something should not be happen in the way you do not like
close your eyes and meditate out of your body which is not ready to accept energy do not unfold chakras in fun .nothing is yours on this earth so we are not owner of anything,but why we are here is ?.that is why we start inner journey. put your feet in saline water two times . i am not scholar of kundalini but have tasted it . feel free nothing is yours
Old 21-01-2013, 04:01 AM
Midnite

It took me 2-3 years to get over my Kundalini Awakening. I was a volatile mess over that period of time. The good thing is that you are undergoing something that very few people of Earth have the ability to do. Most spend years on end trying to stimulate a Kundalini Awakening. Mine happened when I was 17 years old. I didn't understand the full extent of what actually occurs.

It is almost as if your energy explodes out of your body in such an extreme fashion where we feel all the beautiful ecstatic highs, and all the incredibly deep lows. When my Red Dragon came up, my skin would burn... literally. I had brown burn marks on my back for 8 months afterwards. The build of up energy escalated up to my shoulders and then accumulated in my back trying to funnel into the narrow pass of my neck. When it started raining down upon me, it felt like hot electric bolts all over my body. Not exactly a quiet session learning how to achieve inner-silence

Good luck with your journey, just try to ground your energies in parks or natural environments as much as possible. Also, nobody can tame your beast besides yourself. People tried to tame mine, they failed...

When you come out on the other side, you will be more Enlightened than anybody else you know of. This is the light at the end of your tunnel. It will be magnificent when you get there.

All the best!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:09 AM
runningwithbutterflies

I think Peacegarden has a good point about scare tactics...it's hearing such stories about the kundalini that made me very afraid of it, yet the reality, whilst challenging and uncomfortable, has certainly not been akin to 'evil'
Old 04-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Suspended
Hello Mikael,

I'm not doctor but I'll throw my perception in

What interested me most about your post is the fact you say when you're without meds you feel great - but these delusions ruin everything.

Do you know what causes them yet? Do you have insight into them? By that I mean, while they're happening, are you thinking 'this is true' or are you thinking 'this is delusional?' If you have insight, then it's not a delusion, it's just a thought. IF what you're experiencing is just thoughts, then you have the CHOICE of whether to follow them with action.

If it's a true delusion you don't have this choice. Which are you?

My only suggestion is you take up a sport, meditate twice a day and while you meditate, begin to search out what it is that frightens you most. Do you pray? There's no harm in asking for some help figuring out your condition if you want to. I feel acknowledgement of your deep fears might ease the struggle within you to escape them, which is basically what people who are trying to escape from reality are actually doing.

Bear in mind that reality is highly subjective. The ability to perceive 'reality' is measured on how closely you can match (or pretend to match) a psychological profile set down by those who want you to be a certain way for their financial benefit. Most "normal/sane" people actually pretend to match while living a secret internal life. Our world does not cater for differences in psychology and this is because most people consider differences frightening and threatening to them.

I suggest you do what we ALL have to do. Measure your sanity on your happiness and your ability to function within human society. If you can find a way to function and be content and emotionally secure, then you're a sane person who has realized and harnessed his psychological differences for his benefit.

We ALL have to learn how to do this as young children. When we have a spiritual awakening/kundalini awakening we often have to do this AGAIN as adults and this time, there is no safe parent figure to imprint good and bad, real and not real onto us. It's a very challenging time that brings us very close to what others (who are still stuck in what they were taught is real) consider mental illness.

I'm in no way implying you're being duped by the doctor, neither am I saying you're Jesus incarnate! Do you understand what humans society wants from you? By that I mean, do you have insight into the motivation and expectations of those around you? Answer two questions to yourself - is this mental illness there because you don't want to give them what they want from you?

Is this mental illness there because you're afraid to give them what they want?
Old 08-02-2013, 09:03 AM
arrive-becomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael
Hello.

I'm a first timer here and I need some help with my kundalini. Some years ago I started feeling like bubbles rising through the upper spine and the nervous system more sensitive for contact. Lately I started feeling packages of heat rising through my spine. My third eye got an extensive actication making me able to feel and see spirits even smelling them.

The latest development have been extreme. I¨ve been feeling a kind of power cable running from the end of my sexual organ all the way out of my third eye. At the top it oscillated heavily and was almost painful. During this rising I felt extremely horny. When this happened it kind of cleansed the drugs out of my system and I got extremely psychotic.

I have asked a psychic about this and he says it is kundalini and have tried to help me stabilize without any major progress.

The main problems are the psychotic episodes I have been getting from this . I get endless delusions of grandeur about everything and I feel very unstable though good somehow. When I'm without meds I feel extremely oneness with everything and immense happines but the delusions ruin it.

The psychic says I need more grounding and another doctor says I need to try overdosing vitamins.

This kundalini awakening has now gotten me so psychotic I'm locked up in a psych ward for over a year and could perhaps stay for another year more.

I do feel it gets more stable when I get a storng pressure in the third eye almost like it exits there.

I'm labeled dangerous by the doctors because of this.

Everything is a long story and this is just a small part of it. Ask any question you like.

So please, I'm asking for everything that can make the psychotic epsiodes end.

Sadly, this is what happens when people do not practice in ways set out by the masters. Many masters achieved different states of mind, yet all can be considered awakened in their own right.

If you listen to the Vajrayana buddhists, they may have some good insights into powerful psychic experiences - they'll tell you that if a murderer practices energy work and becomes powerful, they will be a powerful murderer. Energy work does not effect the qualities of the mind, and this is why all practice of energy work should be done on a backdrop of intensive psychological work.

If you listen to me, I would like you to travel in the mystic realm to the beginning of life. To do this, you must change the above mind to effect the below mind. What we do in lucid consciousness changes the subconscious world we live in, which can be viewed by the third eye which seems perfectly active in your world.

Regress to being a baby in a safe environment, like with a doctor at your ward. To do this simply remember your earliest memory, and just watch the memories play out. They may be good or bad, remain detached, it is just a inner cinema you are watching. Point out in your mind the points which defined you as such a young child as if you were describing yourself in comparison.

What happens when you regress is apparent in your energy body - it will change to the state of mind you are in. You will essentially be 'loading' a very old save of your energy body state. Coincidentally this early life energy body is incredibly healing and may automatically stabilize your mind.

After this regression, allow yourself to mature with a 'buddha mind'. Coming back to the present moment, while in a state of deep, ebbing compassion and groundedness. Be present that you are here, not in your mind - and that your mind's images are merely fireworks in your personal existence, and not things to be controlled by or be enveloped in.

You should work on mind to a significant degree, so that you're free of the bondages before you start strengthening everything through energy work. You'll be strengthening the bondages as well as your self.

Read up on fenrir the wolf from norse mythology for an analogy to energy workers of certain kinds.