Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-05-2023, 11:12 PM
Knower

Your opinions on meeting people from this life in the afterlife

The other day I was thinking about some of my exes, specifically a couple of the briefer affairs from 15, 20, even 25 years ago. My dramatic and ultimately tortured involvement with them changed me and the course of my life. I began thinking of friends who have fallen out of my life. I thought about someone who I had the most painful unrequited, years long crush on in my 30s, who nobody has ever measured up to since, and probably never will. I thought of my nan who died 13 years ago. We didn't really get along, but if she were alive now then I'd love her much more than I did when I was younger and more selfish. I thought of my best friend at school, who I've briefly seen once or twice in the 30 years since leaving school, who still comes into my dreams when I'm asleep, as if we're both teenagers again. I liked him a lot and have many happy memories getting upto mischief. I thought of many people from my life who had an effect, or who I was connected with in some meaningful way, all of who have either died, or disappeared.

I then thought how lovely it would be if, when when my body dies, I could meet them all again, on the astral plane, or spirit world, or whatever it is, however it is. The desire from my side is certainly there. I'm not sure if desire to meet is required from both parties once our bodies die.

Which is why I'm interested in peoples opinions on whether we can and do meet people who, though not our most loved ones, though might not have been the ones we are or were most entangled with, we meet them again, somehow, somewhere. There are a few people who, were it not for meeting them, would have meant an entirely different path for me. So in effect they indirectly, but profoundly shaped me, unbeknown to them. This makes them important in my opinion, and I am curious about whether we see them again. And I don't mean in a life review, but an actual conscious meeting of two distinct, agentic, conscious, non-physical entities, who are entirely aware of each other and of the meeting.

This is not about our partners, children, parents, grandparents, lifelong best friend, etc. It's about lost friends, old work colleagues, past crushes and flings, strangers that helped you one time in a moment of need, who you never saw again, but you always remembered, old house-mates you used to drink with and watch films but parted ways when life changed direction, and you wished you'd stayed in touch, a kind neighbour from your childhood who you last saw when you were 10 years old etc, etc.
Old 29-05-2023, 06:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto
I thought of many people from my life who had an effect, or who I was connected with in some meaningful way, ... were it not for meeting them, would have meant an entirely different path for me. So in effect they indirectly, but profoundly shaped me, unbeknown to them. This makes them important in my opinion, and I am curious about whether we see them again.
Michael Newton in his books on life between lives states that we are each part of a Soul group, a number of Souls who have a deep connection, some of whom will incarnate during a particular period and play a part in each other's lives. This may be a short-term or a long-term involvement, and the nature of this involvement is agreed before incarnating. Then after physical death we reconnect with our Soul group and share the lessons learned.

So in regards to your above comment, these people who had a significant effect on your life may well have been part of your Soul group, and you will meet up with them again. And supposedly the after-death reunion is a joyful occasion, like meeting our best friends after a long period of separation.

And if these various people were not part of your Soul group then there is still no reason why you cannot meet them on some astral level if there is some kind of harmonic resonance.

Again from the literature, some people may spend years together on Earth and then have no further contact afterwards. They may be at different stages of development, their interests may be too far apart, there is nothing to attract them to each other in the afterlife. They may be in completely different astral realms. But where there is some kind of connection then time and distance are no obstacle on the astral.

Like you, I sometimes wonder who I will meet again after discarding this body. It is all interesting.

Peace
Old 29-05-2023, 07:17 PM
Administrator
I am speaking from personal Experiences and from messages I have given to others.
We can reconnect with lost family friends partners etc. if we wish to but we don't have to
I gave a message to a guy once that wanted to know how his wife crossed over thought of his second wife.
She was pleased for him and she thought that his second wife was good for him.
There is no jealousy Hate or bitterness in the spirit world.

Namaste
Old 29-05-2023, 07:22 PM
Knower

Thank you for your reply iamthat. I've heard of soul groups before, and am fascinated by the idea.

To quote you:

Quote:
some people may spend years together on Earth and then have no further contact afterwards. They may be at different stages of development, their interests may be too far apart, there is nothing to attract them to each other in the afterlife.

I wonder if it is still possible to meet them again though.

I also wonder if it would be possible to meet, for example, my favourite poet, who, though clearly not part of my soul group, and having died 40 years ago, feels like a close friend when I read his poetry late at night - it resonates so much. Someone whose writings have brought me much joy, sadness, and epiphanies about life.

I suppose my deeper question is how open is the astral? And what are the possibilities?
Old 29-05-2023, 07:25 PM
Knower

Native Spirit, yes, I've often felt that ego is relinquished when entering the spirit world. The man's first wife appears to send blessings from a place of pure and true love. I am whole-heatedly on board with that understanding.

On your first point, I wonder if a desire to meet needs to be mutual. I suppose it does, much like this earthly plane.
Old 29-05-2023, 08:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto
I wonder if it is still possible to meet them again though. ... I suppose my deeper question is how open is the astral? And what are the possibilities?
I suspect that anything is possible. But as you say in your next post, any desire to meet may need to be mutual. On Earth we may not be able to avoid contact with certain people. The astral realms seemed to be governed by vibrations. Supposedly we find ourselves among others of similar vibrations, and two people of very different vibrations are unlikely to be in the same space.

We also have to consider the possibility that some people we might like to meet have progressed to a level we cannot follow. It seems to be an astral law that those on a higher level can descend to a lower level for particular purposes, but those on a lower level are prevented from accessing higher levels until they are ready.

And there is also the possibility that those we might like to meet have already taken on another human birth.

The whole scheme seems to be quite vast, and we are only given glimpses of all the possibilities.

Peace
Old 29-05-2023, 09:12 PM
Master
Bluto, on the astral plane the possibilities are endless, what you think can instantly manifest, including loved ones, even if they have taken a rebirth their spirit can appear to you while they are sleeping in their new body. They can appear to you as you once knew them to be. Lots of souls travel to the astral plane while their body is sleeping here on Earth.

But otherwise I do feel it has to be mutual. Lessons can be learned while we sleep here on earth, or in the afterlife when we drop our physical body. It is widely believed that we are spirit groups, as iamthat mentioned. In that belief it is said we all agree to meet here on Earth and interact in some way. That group may include our parents, siblings, lovers, etc. But this is all speculation on my part.
Old 30-05-2023, 02:11 PM
Experiencer

A detailed look at Soul Groups, from Sparrow:

https://spiritguidesparrow.wordpress...01/soul-group/

__/\__
Old 30-05-2023, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherBob
A detailed look at Soul Groups, from Sparrow:
https://spiritguidesparrow.wordpress...01/soul-group/
For those that seldom click onto links...this is so worth it.

I agree with Starman ---meeting another on the Other Side is a mutual thing...it will happen when both are ready. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-05-2023, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
...Again from the literature, some people may spend years together on Earth and then have no further contact afterwards. They may be
at different stages of development, their interests may be too far apart, there is nothing to attract them to each other in the afterlife.
I feel this in my gut, deeply.
I had a serious talk with God and all that were listening ...that was:
I do not want to be incarnated again with my sister....maybe in a few lifetimes when she learns more. God bless her.
I can't be around 'stuck', stubborn people that don't have ANY interest in growing.
Why bother - let God lead them on their Path to Him.

(She even tosses any self-help books out from friends that want so much to help her...they all love her,
but she is SO stubborn in her beliefs that are mega 'wacky'; making her unhappy is the point.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru