Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 25-05-2023, 09:15 AM
Newbie ;)

Bridging the Gap Between Science and Spirituality

Greetings, fellow seekers of knowledge!

The relationship between science and spirituality has long been a topic of fascination and debate. While science focuses on empirical evidence and rational explanations, spirituality delves into the realm of consciousness, interconnectedness, and the mysteries of existence.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on how science and spirituality can coexist and even complement each other. Are there scientific theories or discoveries that have resonated with your spiritual beliefs? How do you navigate the potential conflicts or tensions between these two realms?

Let's engage in a respectful and open-minded discussion, sharing insights, personal experiences, and any resources that highlight the interplay between science and spirituality.
Old 25-05-2023, 12:10 PM
Master
I think the two are entirely incompatible since science explains nature externally whereas spirituality at best is entirely subjective and experienced directly, and at worst, a system of beliefs that are completely irrational, neither of which are matters of science. IOW you can do all the science, but it won't make you wise. Perhaps philosophy creates a bridge.
Old 26-05-2023, 02:06 PM
Master

I am into both science and spirituality. I see no conflict between the two.
Old 26-05-2023, 04:04 PM
Knower

They are the same, two sides of the same coin. Sometimes science is ahead of spirituality, sometimes spirituality ahead of science. They validate each other over time.

I see witches as often having a good balance between magic and mundane, spiritual and science.

They work with energies, but record their observations and use timing and understanding of plant properties - both proven and spiritual - to create results. And they tweak accordingly as a scientist would, while being in tune with the self as a spiritualist is, and finding a unique blend of what gets results and for their internal world and subconscious specifically.
Old 26-05-2023, 10:11 PM
Ascender

Hello.

When we ponder upon "existence" I wonder if the preponderance of our imagination regarding "existence" sees existence as some kind of enormous "thing" ?--and our "selves" being amongst the myriad of seperate things within that enormous thing ?

Perhaps the diligent pursuit of scientific enquiry is also showing evidence of "existence" as being one process with constant interconnective and visible interdependant interactions functioning by means of the mechanism we call cause and consequence.--with no cause being too small to be of possible significance in some manner.

Some of these consequences have resulted, become manifest, as "things" visible and tangible to us and other life forms. Some are experienced as forces evident to us by their observable effect/s.

We could perhaps suggest that being in existence depends upon being a functioning part of the process of cause and consequence---in other words it is not a process from which we can escape ?

On the other hand it is a process of which we are not obliged to be aware of. We are able to function as living entities in ignorance of actually being ourselves part of the whole process. However, living in such ignorance does not insulate us from the process of cause and consequence. --we need to understand that "ignorance" is not being used here in a derogatory or demeaning manner but simply as "not knowing".

A further suggestion is that once we do "know" that all is inextricably interconnected and interdependant, ---and crucially that such knowledge becomes transmitted across the interface between just notion and personal reality by means of our personal behaviour becoming harmonious and consistent with the notion of being an inextricable part of the whole--then we may expect that such decision and action on our part, personally and collectively, becomes further cause and consequence.

At this juncture it may be that those aspects of our behaviour which we may have perhaps considered previously appropriately labelled as "spiritual" begin to look like that which science is suggesting but of itself cannot motivate--science talking the talk, but needing the awareness of the spiritual whole to walk the walk.
Old 28-05-2023, 08:54 AM
Master
I recall one time in a deeper spiritual awakening process where I was fully open and everything was flowing in and out quite rapidly, I attended a science discovery venue in the midst of it, what became apparent was where the lines to science had been blurred previously, at this heightened opened state, it seemed the lines merged and there was no separation in that altered state..

It seems my direct experience that deep in myself, merging in the way I was merging, became a bridge to seeing these meeting points, just it was being expressed and created through a scientific format..

I’m talking the deeper inner mechanics ..
Old 28-05-2023, 05:49 PM
Master
Some will argue that they are the same, or come to the same point, but I can't really agree with either. Science observes, analyses and categorises the natural world (i.e. ''the observable material universe''). Empiricism is pretty much the go to with science as it is now.

Spirituality is very subjective, and also seems quite random in its presentation (from my experience). It can't just happen at command. And, it seems to not follow the 'rules' of order and logic that we have grown accustomed to whilst observing our world and making sense of our place within it. Plus, it is not quite ''material''. All of this put together makes it all the more different from science.

However, I believe (based on experience) there is some overlap between 'realms', but why this happens at one time and not another, and how you would ''capture'' this successfully in a scientific way seems like a pretty daunting task.

Bridging ''the gap''? Maybe indeed philosophy, as Gem stated. But it will be a fuzzy bridge..
Old 28-05-2023, 06:50 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonava
While science focuses on empirical evidence and rational explanations, spirituality delves into the realm of consciousness, interconnectedness, and the mysteries of existence.
Science seems to examine the external universe to try to understand where it all came from. I suspect that science will only begin to make sense of it when science properly investigates the mysteries of consciousness. Eventually the apparent incompatibility between spirituality and science will be resolved.

To use the oft-quoted comment from Max Planck, the Nobel Prize-winning physicist:

I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.

Peace
Old 30-05-2023, 03:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

To use the oft-quoted comment from Max Planck, the Nobel Prize-winning physicist:

I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.

Peace

There can be no other explanation - than Planck's.

No other explanation is needed.

Unless (and this is of course within the realms of possibility) we discover, in our endeavours, new facts and new pastures to mind graze.

Mind before matter is what Planck is stating. This covers all aspects of contemplation, philosophy and what we call reality.

Look in the mirror and you will see the two states formed into one. The inside and the outside world.

'Things' don't come into the universe - they come out of it.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 31-05-2023, 08:40 AM
Master

Love that quote Busby. Awesome.