Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-05-2023, 10:58 AM
Master
The Head & The Heart

On a regular basis most people move their attention between their head and their heart, but some are stuck in their head
while others are fixated on their heart. In my opinion there is no better or worst; they are just different paths with different
features. Some of those features Include:

PATH OF THE HEAD: ------ PATH OF THE HEART:
Dualistic (Pros and Cons, etc.) ------ Holistic
Analysis ------ Synthesis
Logic & Reasoning ------ Intuition
Objective ------ Subjective
Conceptual ------ Expansive
Thought ------ Feeling
Theory ----- Experience
Self-Consciousness ----- Sublime-Consciousness
Manual Function ----- Automatic Function
Mostly Outward Focused ----- Mostly Inward Focused
Masculine ----- Feminine

I am sure there are more features which can be listed, but in my opinion I believe that the middle path is best and we can
benefit from both the path of the head and the path of the heart, especially when mind and emotions are synchronized.
Although as I have embraced it, the spiritual experience is beyond mind and emotions.
Old 19-05-2023, 11:18 AM
Master
I found this. It articulates nicely, how I see it too..

When there is a balance between the heart and the mind, there is inner growth. When the heart becomes the soil we live on, and the mind functions as the plow, we can prepare the bed on which we can safely plant seeds of awareness. As those seeds sprout and grow, we can then put the mind aside just as a plow is not needed at harvest time. The fruits of awareness are bountiful. When the mind is made the soil, seeds of awareness will not sprout just as seeds scattered in a desert will not take. Rich, flowing love is needed for awareness to flourish. Awareness belongs neither to the mind nor the heart, but through awareness, their respective energies can be channeled towards the greater good. -mindsoul.space
Old 19-05-2023, 11:43 AM
Master

I like the quote "The heart is the master and the mind is the servant"
My mind has submitted to my heart and serves it's higher purpose... that is my own life a though and my surname means "song of the heart"... so go figure.

I have spent a lot of time in my mind and it worked for me for the first part of my life and now it works better that I follow my heart.
As it was mentioned, we all have a different path to travel.

Some people also need to learn how to follow their gut instincts. I also have a strong life lesson to follow my gut, my impulses. That is also love.

Today my lesson was to FOLLOW MY FEET... and the day before it was to follow my tastebuds haha...so really, there are so many paths beyond even the heart and mind and yet somehow it is all the same thing in my humble opinion :-D

My heart wanted my feet to be happy today so even though I was following my feet, my heart was in flow with that because my heart really only desires one thing. In that way, it seems to me that even if we need to follow the mind, the heart probably wants the mind to be happy so... we are also following the heart when following the mind or our feet, or our gut... there are many options.
Old 19-05-2023, 03:59 PM
Since you do not accept PMs, Starman ....would you like to drop into a thread where I brought you up? Give us your expertise? :)
Post 2904
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...65#post2157565

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-05-2023, 09:41 PM
Master

Starman,

I don't understand this one so much. The path of the head is just as good as the path of the heart? Is that because the path of the head is - in the ultimate sense - still a path of the heart?

And then you say "when mind and emotions are synchronized." But then mention the spiritual path is beyond both

What does synchronized mean in the above, and how does head/heart work when you look at ths spiritual way that is beyond mind?

Sorry for so many questions

Blessings,
pixiedust
Old 20-05-2023, 12:54 AM
Master
pixiedust, no need to feel sorry about asking questions. I will gladly answer them as best I can. In my opinion it is all spirit, just vibrating at various frequencies. We tune to a frequency and call it “spiritual,” and then tune to another frequency and call it “mental,” or “emotional.” Actually they are different realms within our own being.

The journey is not only on the outside, we travel around on the inside as well, and in my opinion, there is more happening deep within us then there is on the outside in our physical life.

Thoughts can generate emotions and emotions can spontaneously cause people to think. There is really no line where one ends and the other one begins. But there are people who say “my mind is saying one thing and my heart is saying something different.” For instance the mind also interacts with the physical body, and the physical body is a spiritual vibration also.

It is all spirit vibrating at different frequencies. Synchronizing thoughts and emotions means we feel the way we think; they are in concert with each other. Although there are lots of people who are not in touch with their feelings, and some may act without thinking about the consequences of their behavior. Synchronizing means a fine attunement, or alignment, between the various aspects of our being.

Usually intuition is a synchronized communication with yourself. It is devoid of confusion between what we feel and what we think. A pure spiritual experience, in my opinion, does not contain thoughts or emotions. It is outside animated motion from a point of inner stillness.

How many ways can we say “synchronicity” Here are some synonyms.
Connective-ness
Union
Harmony
Unification
Atonement
Wholeness
Love
Cooperation
Holiness
Agreement
Concordance
Symmetry
Combination
Singleness
Accord
Radius of a circle
Continuity
Balance
Consistency
Totality
Solidarity
Oneness, this is what synchronizing is all about.
Old 20-05-2023, 01:01 AM
Master
JustBe, that is a very beautiful post. It deeply touches in words what is beyond words.
Old 20-05-2023, 05:21 AM
Master
The way I feel about this is that head represents our identity or ego in duality and the heart is our true Self in singularity. As such, when head melds with heart, inner conflict ends and we stand erect, so to speak.

Operating from mind-of-the-heart, our lower mind that bisects and dissects is employed as an instrument only when needed, otherwise it just rests.

We may recognise this in different terms, like surrender or silence, which essentially is abiding in awareness without employing fragmented thought. In my view, all paths converge onto this unification within, be it prayer or Bhakti, meditation or contemplation on emptiness or energisation where kundalini first ascends to head, balances polarities and then descends to the heart resulting in an explosion of bliss.
Old 20-05-2023, 05:46 AM
Master

Thanks for your wonderful post Starman and just like Buddha said, Always take the middle path!
Old 20-05-2023, 06:16 AM
Master

Thanks Starman and thanks Unseeking Seeker. Wonderful words from both