Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-05-2023, 07:53 PM
Master

@Starman, that's really beautiful!
Old 11-05-2023, 05:28 AM
Master

Thank you very much Starman. Yes I get that.
Old 11-05-2023, 06:12 PM
Master
I feel like the problem is when we separate ourselves from our environment, or from each other. We can see the ecological disaster humanity
has created by not being in harmony with the Earth, or the anguish of not being in harmony with each other. We objectify our environment
and each other. This includes perceptions of the afterlife.

I understand this because we live in a world of seemingly objects which we call “physical.” Objects in space floating in a circular motion and
objects here on Earth. We develop an object oriented perception divorcing ourselves from each other and our environment. Even to the point
of thinking of the afterlife as an objective place far removed from any connection with us.

Objectivity has its merits; it is based on analysis, observation and measurement, but synthesis is how we come to know our greater being and
its various environments or states of mind. Human life is a state of consciousness and so is the afterlife, in my experience.

If we could feel the connection with everything and everyone, including the universe and beyond, and be one with it, that in my opinion would
change our behavior and bring an awesome perspective to us, even about our own physical death. Being outer oriented is a lot different then
being inner oriented, and knowing that what is on the outside is merely a reflection of the inside. This includes the so-called “afterlife.”
Old 12-05-2023, 03:20 PM
Seeker

I was watching the movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" a classic movie imho about some high school students who skip out on school and go into Chicago for the day. There is one scene where they are at the Art Institute Of Chicago and they are looking at the paintings, one of the protagonists is looking at a painting, and the camera keeps zooming in on it... according to director John Hughes, that scene represented that a painting with all of its life that it portrays at first glance at a distance, is just various colors of pigment on the surface.

PS - there is a youtube clip on the net with this scene, but I can't post it as I'm too new here but it's up there on y if you type in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off museum scene"

In a way it's a bit disconcerting a little because of that scene, I at times think, just as a painting is just pigment, are humans, just flesh and blood just a sum of our biological functions?

I definitely appreciate all the feedback given here at this thread, but is there any path one can recommend I could embark on, or a vision quest to help me realize that there is something beyond our physical life? A simple leap of faith is not doing it for me.

Last edited by Journeyman : 12-05-2023 at 05:11 PM.
Old 13-05-2023, 03:41 AM
Master
Get to know that part of you which will leave your body at the time of human death; do not ask “what is that part” because asking that objectifies it, plus it is beyond words. What you want to do is learn to quiet your mind and experience your own deeper being. This can be done many different ways, most popular is quiet meditation on a regular basis. Some people work on opening their chakras, or do concentration techniques; there are many methods.

It is a very intimate experience involving a process that is unique to you. You will not do it the way others have done it. You have stuff that you have to work through, stuff that is unique to you, stuff that may be preventing you from a deeper experience of your own being. Get to know that which is using your human body right now. Basically you unfold yourself into a greater existence. Trust the process of life beyond thoughts. In my opinion we all have work to do on ourselves to behold our greater being.

There is no quick way to do it; it is a very personal journey which you go on, a journey of getting in touch with that in you which can show you the vistas beyond this physical realm. You don’t need faith, all you need is experience. Practice makes perfect, patience and living in the moment may be required. For me, humility is essential. Have no expectations, do it to get to know yourself not to be shown the afterlife. Being shown the afterlife is a byproduct of getting to know yourself on a very deep level.

Sometimes people have an out-of-body experience from an impact of great trauma that does not kill them. Most importantly you have to stay out of your mind. The human mind creates boxes, mental concepts or constructs, which most people live in; we live in our minds and you can not go beyond your mind while fixated in it. In quiet meditation you can develop intuition which will guide you. Quieting your mind, thoughts, memory, and imagination, helps us to better listen to intuition.
Old 13-05-2023, 04:02 AM
Administrator
That is so true

Namaste
Old 13-05-2023, 12:10 PM
Guide

Afterlife: how does one know it exists?

I know for a fact that it exists before birth so I presume it exists after we pass.
Old 13-05-2023, 02:11 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Afterlife: how does one know it exists?

I know for a fact that it exists before birth so I presume it exists after we pass.
Ok, but how can I know? I can't just take someone's word for it.
Old 13-05-2023, 02:12 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Get to know that part of you which will leave your body at the time of human death; do not ask “what is that part” because asking that objectifies it, plus it is beyond words. What you want to do is learn to quiet your mind and experience your own deeper being. This can be done many different ways, most popular is quiet meditation on a regular basis. Some people work on opening their chakras, or do concentration techniques; there are many methods.

It is a very intimate experience involving a process that is unique to you. You will not do it the way others have done it. You have stuff that you have to work through, stuff that is unique to you, stuff that may be preventing you from a deeper experience of your own being. Get to know that which is using your human body right now. Basically you unfold yourself into a greater existence. Trust the process of life beyond thoughts. In my opinion we all have work to do on ourselves to behold our greater being.

There is no quick way to do it; it is a very personal journey which you go on, a journey of getting in touch with that in you which can show you the vistas beyond this physical realm. You don’t need faith, all you need is experience. Practice makes perfect, patience and living in the moment may be required. For me, humility is essential. Have no expectations, do it to get to know yourself not to be shown the afterlife. Being shown the afterlife is a byproduct of getting to know yourself on a very deep level.

Sometimes people have an out-of-body experience from an impact of great trauma that does not kill them. Most importantly you have to stay out of your mind. The human mind creates boxes, mental concepts or constructs, which most people live in; we live in our minds and you can not go beyond your mind while fixated in it. In quiet meditation you can develop intuition which will guide you. Quieting your mind, thoughts, memory, and imagination, helps us to better listen to intuition.

I might want to try astral projection then.
Old 13-05-2023, 02:25 PM
Knower
i was going to chime in here but everybody has said what i would have said there are just too many bread crumbs too many witnesses just like ufo's we know there is the existence of this stuff