Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-05-2023, 07:35 AM
Ascender
Thumbs up What's your soul mission?

What is your ideal life if your soul was to be perfect and perfectly free to express your true self in this world? What will have to change on this planet for you to be able to fully express yourself, communicate your thoughts, be playful, dance for no reason, smile at anyone?

I'm feeling good

I'm feeling alive, but also thus world is so constricted, so full of stuff that just kills the soul mission since this world runs on money, physical material world, you must work tk not die or be homeles. It's sad, and wrong.

What if everyone had a job for 2 hours a day, but that job is to help someone else inexchange for something other than money? Like say one has experienced with mechanics work on a car/truck, and someone else can give medical treatment. But they just trade, no money invimolved?

That's my ideal life... actually that's about halfway to my Utopia because if that happens people of society will have to adjust to Having more time to Do what they want to do .

Not like this will happen soon

Anyway I'm gonna go 🚶‍♀️
Old 01-05-2023, 07:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Lioness~
What will have to change on this planet for you to be able to fully express yourself, communicate your thoughts, be playful, dance for no reason, smile at anyone?
Or we can ask:

What will have to change within ourselves for us to be able to fully express ourselves, communicate our thoughts, be playful, dance for no reason, smile at anyone?

If we wait for humanity to change before we can do these things we will be waiting a long time. But we can start to change ourselves now.

And yes, we may have to work to earn a living and pay the bills, and that work may consume much of our waking hours. But I do not see it as sad or wrong, it is just how things are at this time. Maybe when the human race is more evolved the nature of work will be different. But creating our ideal life begins now.

Peace
Old 01-05-2023, 07:57 PM
Master

What if everything you observe happening in the world is the direct consequence of only your beliefs, expectations, feelings?

What if the only way to change the world for better is to change your beliefs, expectations, feelings?

What you expect happens. What you fear and worry happens. What you hate and makes you angry amplifies. What you believe you can't you can't.

==========================
EDIT: Somebody posted this quote:
Quote:
Ramana said to a follower when the latter exclaimed that he wanted to "know" God. "You cannot know God, you can only BE God."
Quite a burden!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 02-05-2023, 05:40 AM
Master

LIONESS.

The barter system you are talking about is actually happening in a place called Findhorn in Inverness Scotland and it has been working successfully for many years.

I went and stayed there for a few days many years ago and was really impressed by how the whole place was organised.

They have their own own currency which they call Letz (I think that was the name) and if you live there then you can go to the local pub or shop and use that currency. In exchange the pub and shop owner use that same money to buy all their organic fruit and vegetables from Findhorn. Both win!

Also if you live in the Findhorn community you can use LETZ and barter for plumbing, electrical and other services.

They have some really great spiritual speakers who come from all over the world and give lectures and of course the Letz is used again.

Yes it’s a pity it isn’t used in more places.
Old 02-05-2023, 09:53 AM
Master
The world is not hindering your Soul mission at all. If you think that you are in your own way, which is usually the case for everyone. That's also why we're here, to learn & grow and generally we do that by overcoming certain issues. But sometimes we ourselves make it worse and throw extra obstacles on our path, then most point fingers to the external to blame for it.

But the world isn't in your way, never is.
Take the money you talk about. What is wrong with money? Nothing. It's just metal coins and paper with images on them. They do not hold any energy other than what we humans come up with.
Because of humans' fear, greed etc. there's a whole negative energy field attached to money. Money itself doesn't have that energy.
There is this spiritual business coach that teaches people that "Money is Love".
And that's true. As soon as you begin to view money differently, start paying your bills with love and gratitude, your relationship with money will change and you suddenly begin to get more money in your life.

You say, "Why not trade?"
What do you think money is? It's a trading means. And if we didn't have that, how do you come by goodies to trade? You will still have to work in order to get goods to trade or offer services.
In other words: you still have to do something and work in order to get goods so you can trade them for other things you need.
Now I don't know bout you, but I rather have money than get paid with chickens or eggs that I may not have a need for at that time or no space to care for the chickens. Or no chicken food. Then I have to put in extra work to get rid of them and to obtain the things I DO need.

You really think that's easier? Why do you think they made coins (money) to begin with in the past?! You can easily pocket some coins, a wheel of cheese or a side of ham not so much. Plus, these things will go off. Money doesn't.
And if I only have eggs to pay with and I want to buy a loaf and the other already has plenty of eggs... it means I cannot buy the loaf I need! I'd then have to find myself someone else who does want eggs but he may not have a loaf... Could take me days that way to get what I want for one product!!
And you think that's easy?
Everyone can & will always except money as it's a general means that all need.

Maybe reading this helps you understand that there's nothing wrong with money bar for your own perception of it.
And since that's your perception it means you can change it.
Old 02-05-2023, 10:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
LIONESS.

The barter system you are talking about is actually happening in a place called Findhorn in Inverness Scotland and it has been working successfully for many years.

I went and stayed there for a few days many years ago and was really impressed by how the whole place was organised.
So it's again money. And if it'd be used in more places it's only more like the money we already have.
They have a similar thing in a community in Italy, can't remember what it's called now.
But what is the point? It means you are broke outside of the community and are thus forced to only buy within said community.
And people can still get greedy with it. I mean, who defines the value of said currency? It is solely relying on the goodheartedness of people that have what you need.
At least with normal money there are rules -at least over here- stating what the max price of something can be so no one can charge ridiculous prices for things. And I think also minimum prices for certain things. So often there's a range, set by law. That helps keep things stable.
In a small community you can get away by not having that, but the larger it gets, the more people involved, the higher the chance of it going wrong and ending up the exact same way as normal official money.

So then, what's the point of it all? Why not help to change the vibration of the money we have? I try to do that as much as I can by paying bills with love & gratitude for what it gets me.
I pay the rent with love for my home and the joy I have in living in my house.
Whenever I get some money I thank it and Spirit for sending it my way.
I often do visualisation of money coming to me, playing with me, loving to be with me because I love it.

By doing such things we can change the negative energy field concerning money and there's no needs whatsoever for weird currencies that we cannot do anything with in other places in the world.
If you were to drive to Inverness or Fort William, how can you fill up your car with petrol if you only have Letz??
An inspirational speaker getting paid in Letz... what are they going to do with that in the US, The Netherlands, London, etc.?

Such initiatives seem great, but in essence are not viable options, in my view that is.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 02-05-2023 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 02-05-2023, 10:30 AM
Master

Yes some very very good points there FairyC and I mostly agree with them.

However I was merely pointing out to Lioness that it CAN be done without using money if you CHOOSE to be a part of that system which was in answer to her statement when she mentioned using something other than money.
Old 02-05-2023, 10:45 AM
Master
My Soul mission is Nr 1 to learn & dare to be myself, to speak up and say "No!". To (finally) stand tall and shine my light!
I've had plural lives where this wasn't possible and/or I got severely punished or killed for that.
This life is meant for me to change that round.

The other Soul mission/path is to spread Joy & Light. For this I have to get the other one sussed first.
I love to help & guide people in their personal growth so they can begin to live their Soul mission. In that sense bring them Light & Joy as I help them see the Light of their own path & Soul.
This only works when people have already overcome their basic, "lower" issues and have enough inner strength to do the work themselves. I only reach out and give them pointers & support, I am not going to carry their load. It's there own responsibility to get something out of it, or not.

Because I easily do take their load regardless, even though it does me no good, I only work with groups and not 1 on 1.
Old 02-05-2023, 08:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
They have their own own currency which they call Letz (I think that was the name) and if you live there then you can go to the local pub or shop and use that currency. In exchange the pub and shop owner use that same money to buy all their organic fruit and vegetables from Findhorn.
This is actually LETS (Local Exchange Trading System sometimes known as Local Energy Trading System). There are many such LETS systems all around the world, and each system gives its own name to their particular medium of exchange. So Findhorn now call theirs the Eko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
They have a similar thing in a community in Italy, can't remember what it's called now.
You may be thinking of Damanhur (outside Turin), which I visited back in the 1990s - a very interesting community. They call their currency the credito.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
But what is the point? It means you are broke outside of the community and are thus forced to only buy within said community.
The point is that this is all about community and allowing people to trade within the community. LETS by definition refers to local.

But I agree with your comments that this is no different to "real" money which is just another medium of exchange. Only an idealist would ever imagine this could replace more widespread currencies.

In New Zealand these are known as Green Dollar systems and I was involved with administering the local Green Dollar system for many years, which at its peak had several hundred active members. For example, one day a week the local organic shop would accept 10% payment in Green Dollars which it could then spend elsewhere.

What I learned was that such a system works very well for some people but not for others. In theory it does not matter whether your balance is positive or negative as long as you continue to trade, earning and spending. In practice, some people were very good at spending Green Dollars but not very good at earning. And those who struggled with earning "real" money had the same difficulty earning Green Dollars.

There is now a variation called Time Banking. Rather than putting a value in Green Dollars for providing a service, the value is based on the time spent in doing so. So if you give one hour of time to do a service for someone you can then purchase an hour of someone else's time to do something for you.

As I said, it works very well for some but not for others.

Peace
Old 02-05-2023, 09:04 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Lioness~
What is your ideal life if your soul was to be perfect and perfectly free to express your true self in this world? What will have to change on this planet for you to be able to fully express yourself, communicate your thoughts, be playful, dance for no reason, smile at anyone?
Well, I'm not much of a dancer or smiler(it doesn't mean I'm not happy, though), but I think the way people interact sometimes is a hurdle for me.

I'm not saying tech is terrible, but I think we, as a society, have become more accustomed to having some kind of machine assist us in communicating. I miss more face to face interactions, and the opportunity to have them without interruption of screens.

But, that's not the reality I live in right now, so I guess I'm better off trying to make the best I can with what I have to work with...

(Ironically, using tech to communicate this! )

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 02-05-2023 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences