Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 20-04-2023, 09:11 AM
Ascender
Favorite guided meditations

Hello,

I am interested to know if anyone has any favorite guided meditations that they wish to share. For me anything by Michael Sealey or secondly a few by Steve Nobel. I once thoroughly enjoyed 'Getting into the vortex' by Abraham Hicks but that's quite hard to find.

Would love to hear any new suggestions..

https://youtu.be/1vx8iUvfyCY

https://youtu.be/MuAkxpSzoXY
Old 20-04-2023, 11:11 AM
Master
I've tried a few over the years, and this one by Kim Eng on practising resisting nothing is about the best one I've come across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNJdoNQMkxY&t=39s
Old 20-04-2023, 03:06 PM
Guide

I particularly like the meditations by Jeff Foster which are very gentle and relaxing. His meditations encourage you to allow everything to be in presance including our difficult and unspiritual bits.

The one below is called Deep Rest Meditation: Gentlest Surrender for Hurt and Scary Places inside. It is a twenty minute meditation and is suitable for beginners as well as experienced meditators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMH-VGbsKZI
Old 20-04-2023, 03:07 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I've tried a few over the years, and this one by Kim Eng on practising resisting nothing is about the best one I've come across.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNJdoNQMkxY&t=39s
I really like this!
Not a criticism - I would not call it meditation, but rather exactly what it is - a Practice in resisting nothing. Wonderful!....
It is an exercise for 12 minutes in focusing, calming, relaxing, slowing the ''monkey mind''.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-04-2023, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Not a criticism - I would not call it meditation, but rather exactly what it is - a Practice in resisting nothing. Wonderful!....
It is an exercise for 12 minutes in focusing, calming, relaxing, slowing the ''monkey mind''.
Non-resistance is the essence of meditation for me personally, though of course people have different ideas about what constitutes meditation, and I'm always curious to hear different perspectives - what do you consider to be the essence of meditation?
Old 20-04-2023, 07:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraTherase
...I once thoroughly enjoyed 'Getting into the vortex' by Abraham Hicks but that's quite hard to find.
Interesting. I went to a book sale over the Easter weekend and found a copy of "Getting into the Vortex" complete with CD for $1.

I will give it a go.

Peace
Old 20-04-2023, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I'm always curious to hear different perspectives - what do you consider to be the essence of meditation?
Hi, well, different from contemplation, which is sweet and wonderful, imo -
different than envisioning things, or visualizing, which has it's benefits.
What I was taught was: It is perfect concentration on a perfect thing.
But, this has gone off topic which is about Guided meditation suggestions. Any other questions like this to honor SaraT
should be done someplace else. Which I should have done in a PM...maybe SaraT will forgive me if we get back on track.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-04-2023, 11:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
But, this has gone off topic which is about Guided meditation suggestions.
I quite agree, though I do just want to say this in parting, seeing as you raised the issue: I absolutely do believe that the link I posted does indeed constitute meditation.
Old 23-04-2023, 05:44 AM
Ascender
Thanks everyone for all your feedback and shared links. I look forward to trying some new ones.

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend.
Old 23-04-2023, 10:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraTherase
Thanks everyone for all your feedback and shared links. I look forward to trying some new ones.

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend.
You're very welcome, hope you had a lovely weekend too.