Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-04-2023, 02:02 AM
Seeker

On dying: what can I do to

Need some thoughts on a personal issue with dying, as I am having major health issues.

The other day I was watching a rerun of Ghost Hunters on tv. I do not doubt that, as far as reality tv is concerned, that show could very well be "embellished" for entertainment purposes. I do know people though, in real life, who have experienced paranormal activity, as those here at this forum.

Typically on a show like Ghost Hunters essentially the investigators are reaching out to what are spirits still lingering about, and it is this that keeps me up at night.

Is there something one can do in the physical world to avoid becoming some "lost soul" stuck in the physical / material / mortal world wondering about? Or is there something one can do upon entering the spiritual realm in order to go to a far better plane of existence?

I'm looking for thoughts from those who study or are involved in mysticism / spiritualism and can shed some light on this issue.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-04-2023, 03:14 AM
I'll take the first swing at this.
First, please don't worry. Be a good and kind person.
Think and want only good and kind thoughts.
Things that you may have done that you regret? Well, forgive yourself cuz you were just stupid...and now
would never do them again, right?

Don't hate people - have compassion for their traumas and how they act out and do dumb things.
Want in your heart for all to find peace and happiness...never wishing ill on anyone ---even world leaders that do bad things...wish even them peace of mind one day.

These are such simple basic things so you can be untroubled now and
when you 'pass over'.
There would never be any reason for you to be 'stuck' here if you
keep your eyes on wanting what is best for yourself and everyone else.

And you have that in you...don't you?
I feel you are a good, good person.

And you don't seem like a lost soul to me...we all get confused sometimes and questions things, so what.
You're good, in my expert ghost opinion...kidding on that one. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-04-2023, 09:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Is there something one can do in the physical world to avoid becoming some "lost soul" stuck in the physical / material / mortal world wondering about? Or is there something one can do upon entering the spiritual realm in order to go to a far better plane of existence?
There is much in the afterlife literature about this.

Firstly, those who are "lost souls" stuck in the physical plane tend to be very confused, and they may not even realise that their physical body has died because as far as they are concerned they still exist unchanged. Perhaps they believed that physical death was the end of existence, and therefore since they still exist they must still be alive, even if family and friends ignore their presence.

So if you find yourself in this position then accept that you have "died". And feeling as much love as you can, ask your guides for help. No call for help goes unanswered. Even if you have no idea who your guides might be, someone will be there to lead you where you need to be.

Secondly, we are told that those who go to the astral planes find themselves in whichever astral realm matches their own vibration. Which makes sense, because if we are functioning in an astral body of a particular vibration then that will be drawn to a matching astral location.

So while still physically alive, do your utmost to cultivate what we might call the higher emotions - love, compassion, kindness. And try to let go of the lower emotions. By all accounts our emotional nature comes to the forefront on the astral plane because we are functioning in our astral or emotional body. So if we can attain emotional serenity while alive then the after-death experience should be much easier.

And most importantly, focus on your spiritual path while still in your body, whatever that might mean to you. Our material existence will pass, and all our material treasures will be of no importance. All that we can take with us are our spiritual treasures.

Finally, read as much as you can on the afterlife existence before you make your departure. If you were going to a strange country on Earth you would probably do some reading beforehand to understand the geography and customs of that country. Yet so many people leave this Earth completely unprepared for whatever might come next.

Peace

Last edited by iamthat : 12-04-2023 at 11:00 PM.
Old 13-04-2023, 09:12 AM
Administrator
Most of what you see on Ghost hunters is not true. they make it that way for affect, to scare you.
Yes you can have earth bound spirit who need to be shown into the Light.
but it is not usually like that.

Namaste
Old 13-04-2023, 09:28 AM
Master

Hi Journeyman . Please please PLEASE do not believe those ridiculous TV shows . They are ALL fake.
And I cannot personally believe in "lost souls living in limbo "...but that's just my belief.
I am however Empath / highly sensitive and I am fully aware of "spirit " around me . I have my own loved ones around me on a regular basis plus I receive "visits" from other spirits so that I can convey messages to their loved ones to reassure them that they are ok.
Having said that I am not a medium.
Now then .... On the subject of your question I can confirm that my health, unfortunately is terminal and I had it diagnosed 2 and a half years ago.
My experience , when dealing with imminent death is this...
I have been having repeated dreams and visitations from so many people that I have known throughout my entire life and it includes family , friends, work colleagues , childhood friends etc .
I know that if the people concerned are already desceased that it's visitations to comfort me, and if they are still alive it is meetings of the souls in astral travel in order to say goodbye.
But there is nothing to be scared of.
I know that life is eternal and we are never lost .
Please never think you are lost...
Old 13-04-2023, 09:38 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
And you have that in you...don't you?
I feel you are a good, good person.

And you don't seem like a lost soul to me...we all get confused sometimes and questions things, so what.
You're good, in my expert ghost opinion...kidding on that one. :)
Thank you for your kind words, and I think we all strive to be good, I do shudder when I look back on my years at what an arrogant jerk I've been. When I do pass, my argument to the gatekeepers of the Afterlife is that if I knew then what I know now, I'd be a much kinder person.
Old 13-04-2023, 09:42 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Most of what you see on Ghost hunters is not true. they make it that way for affect, to scare you.
Yes you can have earth bound spirit who need to be shown into the Light. but it is not usually like that.
Namaste
Yes I get that same impression too. That's why I mentioned that many of these paranormal shows are "embellished" for entertainment purposes. But I wanted to use that show as an example of what I was concerned about.
Old 13-04-2023, 09:47 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Hi Journeyman . Please please PLEASE do not believe those ridiculous TV shows . They are ALL fake.
And I cannot personally believe in "lost souls living in limbo "...but that's just my belief.
I am however Empath / highly sensitive and I am fully aware of "spirit " around me .
That's definitely comforting, thanks.
Old 13-04-2023, 09:51 AM
Master

...welcome...
Old 13-04-2023, 09:54 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
There is much in the afterlife literature about this.

Firstly, those who are "lost souls" stuck in the physical plane tend to be very confused, and they may not even realise that their physical body has died because as far as they are concerned they still exist unchanged. Perhaps they believed that physical death was the end of existence, and therefore since they still exist they must still be alive, even if family and friends ignore their presence.
That's good to know, thank you.

Now a more awkward question: if down the road I develop a chronic, painful terminal illness, will my afterlife be different if I terminate my own life at that point? No, at the present moment I'm not experiencing this, but the thought of having such a condition in the future does keep me up at night.