Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-04-2023, 07:42 PM
Master

All drops of water in an ocean. Individual drops, yet all one ocean.
Old 19-04-2023, 06:52 AM
Master

Is the ocean made of drops? Certainly it isn't ...

Still, people of various persuasions used this analogy to make their spiritual point.

I find it interesting that many spiritual analogies and sayings of the wise strive for simplicity rather than accuracy. It isn't as much a literary form as it tries to dumb you down into not-thinking. It is the same attitude as when talking to children using a high-pitched tone: you talk their language.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-04-2023, 07:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
include others consciousnesses we know exists not of this realm. We know other (non-physical) separate consciousnesses exist already so is known, they are separate, consciousnesses other then us.

So was wondering no evidence of what people always talk about.

Your post, it seems to me, is extremely confusing.

How do you for instance come to the conclusion that we know of other consciousnesses that exist 'not of this realm?

How do you come to the conclusion that separate consciousnesses already exist?

Where do 'souls' exist?

Where and what are spirits?

And so on - needs a lot of explaining.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 19-04-2023, 07:26 AM
Ascender
I feel we are one in all the same. Soul, spirit and ego.
Old 19-04-2023, 08:58 AM
Master

Re INALALAN #12

………..”the ocean made of drops? Certainly it isn't”

Isn’t there DROPS of rain that fill up the oceans?

It’s only an analogy and not expected to be taken literally. Just a starting point really IMO.

INAVALAN………..”people of various persuasions used this analogy to make their spiritual point.”

Yes a lot of spiritual persuasions do use this analogy but I can’t actually see anything wrong with that. I think it’s perfect for some people especially for those who have just started on their spiritual path.

INAVALAN…..…..” I find it interesting that many spiritual analogies and sayings of the wise strive for simplicity rather than accuracy. It isn't as much a literary form as it tries to dumb you down into not-thinking. It is the same attitude as when talking to children using a high-pitched tone: you talk their language.”

No I really dont feel it “dumbs you down into not thinking”. I feel it does the complete opposite ie encourages and helps some people to be able to think about a difficult topic in a way that they can understand, given their level of consciousness of course.

Using a simple analogy for people to understand something spiritually is very helpful, especially if you are just starting on the path or only been there for a short time. Also you have to consider peoples various intelligence levels when they are learning something and keeping it simple rather than accurate is extremely beneficial.

Accuracy is good for YOU personally because you are able to understand things easier because of your intelligence level and the time and experience that you have obviously put in to your spiritual life. And of course you certainly don’t need
these analogies but most people are not at your level.

No I don’t agree that it “dumbs you down.” All it does is give many people a “starting point” to look at something in a different way. Once people have grasped the meaning of something and digested it in a way that they can understand, then eventually they will be able to move on to something more accurate.

I’ve been a teacher of two different subjects for many years and have found that a using a simple analogy to understand something has been extremely helpful.
Old 19-04-2023, 12:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12

I’ve been a teacher of two different subjects for many years and have found that a using a simple analogy to understand something has been extremely helpful.

Of course it is extremely helpful to use the simplest analogy, it doesn't over complicate things and leaves space for the Student to 'fill' when the time is right....

Here's my 'simple analogy'
We are the entire ocean in a drop....
Old 19-04-2023, 01:25 PM
Master

Love your comments Sky. Totally agree.
Old 19-04-2023, 04:23 PM
Master

The universe is like a coin. On one side of this coin, we are separate. On the other side, there is no separation.
Old 19-04-2023, 05:28 PM
Master

Thank you for asking. Of course it is confusing. Did you think it wouldn't be. Let's first see what I'm asking, what is believed. I don't know what you believe beyond the Akashic Records. You mention the Eastern thought. So are Western ideas completely wrong I was getting that vib. In Western thought we ask where the Ashiskic Records are from? If there is a creator then that's the answer, not the Akashic Records. You don't mention were they created?

I'm not saying the Akashic Records are false. Did Creator create Akashic Records? Now if no, then that's enough. Nothing beyone the Akashic Records!!! I probably have as many questions as you.

Really all I've ever heard about the Akashic Records is we can access them even finding our purpose and is a record everything we do. Do the records have a purpose to them. Are answers put in the records. Are the Akashic Records a component of universe or is it the universe and there is nothing beyond the Akashic Records? If it is everything then I would not agree. You merely point out the records exist. Are the Akashic records the end and be what we call spirits? I get the impression you feel their is nothing beyond the Akashic Records. Of course universe is about energy and information.

Now when I say we know other consciousness, I'm merely stating what we talk about much of the time, others beings such as God(s), Demons, Angels, Spirits, Souls, and other non physical beings. So why the confusion if we talk about them as separate. Some people even say they interacted with them. I cannot say they don't. It's happened to me (manifested then gone) but that's neither here or there. Most never will experience it but if you do you know. Do the Akashic Records act physically. And even in the Akashic Records we find separate records of us there but there still is a place for Creator. Are you saying the Akashic Records disprove Creator or simply didn't mention it.

Was talking about using the Askishic Records as evidence saying there is nothing else, please say it. You didn't say. Can you go a little deeper.

Right now I'm going to say there is no place for creator, or Spirits, or Demons or Angels, or anything but physical and the Akashic Records are"t a component (of universe) but everything.

It is simple what spirits are. Spirits, always plural, are forms of beingness. Spirits are a manifest form that is separate, self aware, and self conscious more then recordings. Spirits and consciousnesses are dimensional. There may even be some belief similar in Eastern thought of afterlife beyond the records. We're going to find out we all got parts of the system wrong. So no big deal. If you wish you can answer, I'm interested in learning. I just thinking honestly the idea of Akashic Records sounds a little incomplete and I need you to tell me it is complete. How it fits in more a part of everything. Thanks.

Last edited by lemex : 19-04-2023 at 06:30 PM.
Old 19-04-2023, 05:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Re INALALAN #12

It’s only an analogy and not expected to be taken literally. Just a starting point really IMO.

Yes a lot of spiritual persuasions do use this analogy but I can’t actually see anything wrong with that. I think it’s perfect for some people especially for those who have just started on their spiritual path.
I see such analogies as misleading, "especially for those who have just started on their spiritual path".

The way I understand reality, growing is about getting deeper, perceiving finer and finer details ad infinitum, and not about muddling the details. It is about the developing, multiplying, perfecting identities, and not about the loss of identity.

Saying an ocean is made of drops is misleading.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.