Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 25-03-2023, 08:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
yeah i understand that. At...
... to find out pretty quickly lol...
How would you know? Suffering seems to come my way for no appearant reason, all the time.
I wish God were punishing me. Atleast that would give me perspective. I feel tormented for no reason whatsoever and with no outlook for any kind of correction available.

Just depressed. For absolutely no reason and endless many confusing reasons.

How can you know when something bad comes your way that it is because of something you did? Do you have a connection with God, a relationship like that?

I beg God all the time for help. Often if something bad goes away, a worse thing replaces it. But I beg God all the time for help anyway. As I hit despair most of the time. I really wish this was a punishment and atleast that I could do something to allow God to help me. I so wish I could do something. Anything! To improve my life. I so wish!

I so wish God was aware of me and could help me. It seems like my suffering comes from nowhere. Feels so random and so depressing and confusing and despairing.
Old 26-03-2023, 12:40 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
How would you know? Suffering seems to come my way for no appearant reason, all the time

if it were feelings of bliss, you'd just love having it come your way for no apparent reason, all the time. But since it is something you DON'T like you are complaining.

I find I can't MAKE god give me the things I want, he gives what he gives.

And that is the rub, suffering is incredibly easy to get, people will pile it on you as soon as they can find an excuse to and won't make you give them anything in return. But bliss, that takes a *lot* of effort to get to... and then you die and lose it again.

you said if you only knew you were being punished, you would turn around and try to do the 'correct' thing so you would know you weren't going to be punished any more. But you haven't thought yet, that maybe the only correct thing here, is for you to quit trying to learn how to conform to the system just to get what you want. Maybe what you need to be doing here, is just try to accept that sometimes the sun shines and sometimes it rains, and it is beyond your control to make the weather do as you please.
Old 26-03-2023, 05:47 AM
Master
Ref post 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
if it were feelings..
... e weather do as you please.
well, thanks. Because right now you are explaining to me what is actually happening, unlike God. You helped me make sense of the situation. And that is way more than God has done for me. What is the purpose of God creating good things if God is not gonna let me know about it, understand it, make sense of it. It's like giving water to a thirsty person that looks like a cup of sand. What kind of weird help is that. it's water, but it looks 100% like a cup of sand. That's the kind of help god is giving me. it even tastes like a cup of sand. endless kind of helps that are like that. in my experience. God is mocking me all the time. For no reason even. A reason would actually help me make sense of it all. And what you said made a whole lot more sense to me than my relationship with God makes sense to me.
Old 26-03-2023, 08:49 AM
Master

stop complaining and start loving

Quote:
God is mocking me all the time. For no reason even. A reason would actually help me make sense of it all.
May be God wants you to stop complaining/whining/fretting and start loving / appreciating/ respecting whatever u have / face / see / feel / undergo .
Just try to contemplate on it.
Old 26-03-2023, 12:46 PM
Re begging, belief and answered prayer

Quote:
...Just depressed. For absolutely no reason....

I beg God all the time for help. Often if something bad goes away, a worse thing replaces it. But I beg God all the time for help anyway.
I so wish God was aware of me ....
3 issues here ---when there is no reason for depression - if you saw someone to balance the chemicals in the brain ...in 3 weeks that would lift. :)
(I'm not telling you to...but a professional can help ''depression for NO reason''. Worked for me 25 years ago...I did it for 6 months only.)
In any book about prayer it will say - Begging God is 'not the way to pray'....and there are reasons given.
God responds to faith - according to the Bible.
Now I will say I have found this to be SO true. :)

It's like if your cup is full (with begging) ---it can't be filled with anything else.
Hope that make sense.

''Ask, believe and receive''...that is the basic formula.
Also, be happy when you ask - because you have been heard...wait, with an empty cup.

The 3rd thing is you are sending TWO (mixed) messages - forget about being answered!
You are asking (I mean begging) at the same time that you are closed, the door is shut, in other words - because, your belief is you don't even think God
is ''aware'' of you.
(So why would He answer? See the logic here? It is explained in the New Testament. It really is a formula.)

The neat thing is ---you don't have to believe me...you can try it yourself and see for yourself that it works.
(And, btw, where has begging gotten you, right? So try it a different way!!)

(I studied prayer and healing for close to 2 years - this formula works;
the begging along with doubt does not. Sorry.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-03-2023, 02:30 PM
Master

Quote:
And what you said made a whole lot more sense to me than my relationship with God makes sense to me.

i know it is maddening. Sigh. Only thing I can get is we are supposed to do things kinda on our own recognizance and then interpret the results again on our own recognizance... kinda like, we think that there should be one particular thing that we should be doing and we want to know what it is so we can end this suffering, and he doesn't think that way, he thinks lots of things would be acceptable if only we weren't so fixated on each other and on getting to the end... but how do you tell us that without us just deciding the one thing we've gotta do is to do lots of things?
Old 26-03-2023, 06:16 PM
Master

Quote:
I beg God all the time for help. ... I really wish this was a punishment and at least that I could do something to allow God to help me. ... I so wish God was aware of me and could help me. It seems like my suffering comes from nowhere. Feels so random and so depressing and confusing and despairing.
Instead of thinking of this in terms of what God may or may not be doing, would it help to consider this as your Higher Self fulfilling its own purpose as it seeks expression through you?

And part of this process is removing all the inner blockages which prevent the clear expression of the Higher Self. We are trying to become an empty vehicle of expression for the Higher Self, but this means going within and clearing out all the rubbish.

Or another way to think of this is that we are like glass lanterns, but the glass is covered with dirt. The light of our own Divine nature is always shining, but that light is blocked by all the grime on the glass. Everything you are going through is the process of seeing the dirt on the glass. We have to start cleaning the glass so our inner light can shine forth without distortion.

Peace
Old 26-03-2023, 07:56 PM
Master
Can consciousness be non-dual? Definitely! Duality comes from thought, if we are quiet inside, without thought, we can experience a connection to one-ness. Duality is a product of perception, it is when we place labels and names on things that we experience differences.

I am this label and you are that label and those labels create a dualistic perspective. How a person defines something is how they will approach that something. If there is no definition, no thought, then there are no differences. Loneliness does not come from being alone rather loneliness comes from feeling disconnected.

When we are quiet inside we nurture our connection, but when we have our thought maker running constantly it can, but not always, isolate us around our thoughts, creating the way I think and the way you think, a dualistic perspective. In my opinion, loneliness and depression comes from that isolation in thought which we create in our mind.

If we can go from day to day quiet inside with little to no thoughts, it helps to nurture our experience of non-duality. We can speak from a place of inner silence without having to think. A post can be written here on this forum from a place of inner silence, from a place of non-duality. I have done such here often.

Thought can be great for reflection but people need to realize that what we think, especially the same repetitive thoughts, will in some manner find their way into our own external reality. This is my experience.

Non-duality can also find its’ way into our own external reality and as such we begin to see the one-ness of being in everything and everyone; when we nurture that which is on the inside we see it on the outside. When we begin to actually see our own inner light we can come to see that same light in others. It is all a matter of perception.
Old 26-03-2023, 11:53 PM
Master

Wow, thank you Starman! I did that chakra test and I'm all over the place BTW.
Old 27-03-2023, 03:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust
I did that chakra test and I'm all over the place BTW.

My suggestion: look at the ones which have the lowest percentage and read about how to work on those chakras. That website has lots of ideas on how to proceed. Most people, including myself, are all over the place. Look at the ones that are strongest and the ones that are weakest and try to balance them out. Each chakra offers a different experience.

Peace and Good Journey