Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Ascender
Ego andTrauma

I think our egos are born of trauma, the trauma of betrayal, of lies and deceit, of loneliness and emptiness as we traverse this life. It's the false self we develop to cope with the pressures of survival.

The problem I see with ego is it's a cheap substitute for everything real. It makes us think we are smarter, kinder, or more loving than we really are. It makes us nasty and entitled. It makes us ungrateful, and blocks empathy. It makes us the unwitting cause, but in actuality, a witting cause of trauma to ourselves and the world.

I used to perceive letting go of ego as submissiveness, as in becoming weak and powerless, but I don't believe that anymore. Contrary to what I thought, I find letting go of ego, especially from a place of self righteousness makes me more loving, more powerful and wise.

To let go of one's ego especially from a place of perceived power or righteousness is what I believe to be the ultimate form of healing trauma. It's like taking a divine breath. The love that has been withheld and we have withheld begins to flow. Miracles begin to happen.

As of now and to the day I die, my ego will be with me, but I will as often as I car release more of it, so that I may be more loving and kind to every divine being on this beautiful planet. May God bless all of you.
Old 06-03-2023, 07:25 AM
Guide

IMO your ego is your inbuilt defense mechanism.
Old 06-03-2023, 08:30 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
but I will as often as I can release more of it, so that I may be more loving and kind

Great post! I think that's the key to unlock every door.
Old 06-03-2023, 01:12 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Great post! I think that's the key to unlock every door.

I had a moment like that the other day. I came to terms with something about myself that I had been struggling with since childhood. I finally let it go and realized that I am going to be okay. Suddenly new opportunities opened up related to this issue opened up.
Old 06-03-2023, 01:43 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
IMO your ego is your inbuilt defense mechanism.

That is very true. Thank you for that!

Whenever I feel hurt by someone or something, it's like re-experiencing past trauma, only it seems as if happening in the present. My defenses may go up further reinforcing that sense of separation from true self.

I think part of our souls mission in life, is to realize we are okay no matter what happens in this world, but that is a process of pealing back layers of false self.

It's realizing our ability to love and be loved is not tied to our earthly persona. The more we can let go, the more we will return to that child-like state before we were injured.
Old 07-03-2023, 01:14 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
Whenever I feel hurt by someone or something, it's like re-experiencing past trauma, only it seems as if happening in the present. My defenses may go up further reinforcing that sense of separation from true self.
sometimes i feel deeply ashamed and it still makes me wanna fight because i know that as usual what was heaped on me was unjustified sigh... I'm getting a little better about accepting it though... helps to know exactly how useful such emotions are though from a meditative standpoint I guess...
Old 07-03-2023, 01:32 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
sometimes i feel deeply ashamed and it still makes me wanna fight because i know that as usual what was heaped on me was unjustified sigh...

Hi FallingLeaves. Just know that you are not alone and that you are loved no matter what. I pray with love for the healing of your spirit.
Old 07-03-2023, 01:41 AM
Master

If we really want to change anything we must consider the role that ego plays in cause and effect. IMO the ego gives birth to automatic responses…when we recognize this we can gain self control that will result in different outcomes…..
Old 07-03-2023, 07:18 AM
Master

I think that ego is simply an inbuilt defense mechanism,

A lion trying to protect her cub... That is all.

Ego protects people from trauma and without it, certain traumas would be unbearable for the human mind and body.
I am very grateful for how I have been protected, there are some traumas that even my angels do not want me to have to experience and so I heal some things without ever having to know any of the details.

That in my heart, is mercy and compassion.
Old 07-03-2023, 07:25 AM
Master

Being separated from past traumas has been a gift for me,
Until my heart, mind and body have been ready to process those feelings, a part of myself has lovingly protected myself from such things.

To process everything all in one go, would have caused me an unbearable amount of pain and so, I think that is a loving thing to protect myself. Compassion.