Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 18-04-2023, 07:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
We get recycled by the fungus and bacteria which breaks us down, become compost which the trees feed off which in turn the animals feed off.
You say "We get recycled by the fungus and bacteria ...".

To be more accurate, the dense physical body gets recycled by the fungus and bacteria, etc.

Some of us regard ourselves as consciousness expressing through a dense physical body while incarnate. And maybe after physical death consciousness continues its existence elsewhere, untouched by any fungus or bacteria.

Peace
Old 18-04-2023, 09:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Some of us consider the human in terms of consciousness, mind and emotions plus an energy body, as well as the dense physical body.

And you can consider all of that, but it does not change that the human is an animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
These are nothing to do with biology.

Why not? The things you mentioned before have, I believe, an impact on the body, and likewise the other way around. For example, you believe in karma, which couldn't exist if biology didn't impact the immaterial and visa versa. At the same time limitations exist, which makes all of this a minefield of a topic. But strict dualism does not seem right to me.
Old 18-04-2023, 09:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
It is indeed a circle "the circle of life". For this very reason I do not feel that it is at all a ridiculous notion of people reincarnating into animals.

Not just ecosystems, but probably reincarnation and even the universe as a whole (although that is my speculation). No 'end game', no beginnings and ends, but a continuous story.

Being a human or a dog matters little in the present moment. It is argued from a human experience that a human is superior and to be idealized. Who wouldn't wanna be me or you?? Look what we can do! But why does that matter to dogs. They got their own experiences and it is short-sighted and arrogant to think theirs is inferior, or that they need our pity for not being like us.
Old 19-04-2023, 07:27 AM
Master

Altair. Totally agree with your last paragraph.

Dogs don’t kill for enjoyment or sport. They don’t maim others for no reason and they don’t destroy or vandalise peoples homes and belongings and they don’t create wars or genocide.

They can also tell us where the drugs, bombs and criminals are hiding and they can tell what we should eat and shouldn’t, just by a sniff. We can’t.

They just go about their life giving unconditional love to whoever they meet and helping humans with whatever they need (such as blind people and disabled) without any thought for themselves.

And we think we are superior LOL
Old 19-04-2023, 08:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
And we think we are superior LOL

And it is common in religious teachings to think they exist for us. That they were 'created' for us, or those 'souls' incarnate into dog bodies to give us much needed 'lessons', or that they are dogs because they were doing this or that when they were 'humans'. Notice how all these explanations are human centred and made by humans, relying on the assumption that everything exists for our species, that the universe is like a kindergarten for human beings, that even other beings with feelings only exist to move us forwards.

It is a reflection of civilization itself. We change our environment, we try and be the master over everything, we have domesticated and changed plants and animals. It gives the impression that we are superior. Surely god must be like us. Throughout that process we also changed our view on what 'divine beings', the 'gods' are like. They became more human like over time.
Old 19-04-2023, 09:45 AM
Master

Well said Altair!
Old 19-04-2023, 08:11 PM
Master

I have heard plenty of people in New Age communities say that they are reincarnated from oother planets, were mermaids, Lyrian, Peladian, half lion, half human, half reptile/human, reincarnated as Indigos, Crystal children ect creatures and various other forms of conciousness.
I have even heard someone say that they were a single blob of light in heaven for 30 years.

If someone can reincarnate as a half fish, half human hybrid, then why not just a plain old fish.
Maybe they needed a break from the human perspective and experience some other form of awareness.

Yet another perspective, is the psychological aspect to "trying on different hats" of concious awareness.

If a person desires to experience going with the flow, they might choose to imprint with the perspective of a fish or if they want to experience stability, they might imprint with the energy of an Oak Tree.

I have heard people say that they are reincarnations of witches from medieval times, Jesus Christ, or Joan of Arc... it really doesn't seem to me that their are any concrete rules to this whole recycling thing when people talk about their previous lives.

A person wears many hats over the course of a lifetime, I am convinced that a single celled Amoeba has just as much awareness in the system as myself or any other form of vibrating matter. If I observe an Amoeba then it is aware that I am observing it... hmmm...
Trees talk to each other through the fungus underground which talks to other trees on the other side of the world. To do their job properly, they need to be in tune with the interconnected system.

It seems to me that conciousness can tap into whatever it needs, really.

I wonder then, why I have ever even dared to think that I am separate from this great, system of interconnected, constantly communicating conciousness at all?
:-D
Old 28-07-2023, 06:09 PM
Newbie ;)

Its weird to find this as it crossed my mind.. we have always had dogs but when I was in my 30's and lived alone in a flat it was some years after my mum had passed and a year before my dad was diagnosed with cancer a dog came into my life.

I don't know why I became obsessed with the name Inca suddenly, she was from a rescue and originally called Jess but was only 4 months old so I changed her name.From that very first night she wanted to sleep on my bed with me...would never sleep on her own bed or go in a crate. It was like she thought she was human! ..and almost like she was sent as she was my support through my dad having cancer then me having mobility problems...she took to assistance dog work like she knew in advance this was her vocation!
I have never had a dog like her..... the dog I have now...is smart in his own way....but he's a dog and a dog that behave like a dog if you get what I mean...never had any problems crate training him, he accepted his place I still had Inca when I got him as a puppy, he knew she was Top Dog!

Even when she was old he didn't challenge her even though he was by then fully grown and could have easily done so over things such as wanting the treat she had etc. He has never been the same with any other dog!

The devastation I felt when she passed (in my 40's by then) at age 15 was equal to what I experienced when my mum died when I was younger. (21 ...but much younger emotionally as I had autism and had developmental delays)...I always wondered if it was my mum's spirit and she chose to do a soul exchange with the original soul when she knew I was definitely going to adopt that one.

My current dog is not her..I just know..besides he was around 3 and half as she passed in first half of that year and his birthday is not until later in the year. He'll come for a cuddle but does not sleep on my bed all night every night as she did from the moment for 15 years from the day she arrived in my life. I would describe my bond with Inca as 'Intense' and unlike any other and I've had 4 dogs.
Old 28-07-2023, 07:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Urbanek

Could people be returning as dogs or other pets? Considering the moral decline of America, many people could be demoted in their next turn of existence.

Maybe they return as pigs ? Pigs are more intelligent than dogs and blood compatibility with humans.
Old 28-07-2023, 09:36 PM
Master
Reply to Altair post45-I think it is from the souls perspective in proper texts not the humans,the cyclicness of everything I agree with,the impositions from humans here are beginings and ends.