Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 28-01-2023, 08:17 PM
Deactivated Account
Good afternoon FallingLeaves

Hope your keeping well and out of trouble

For me, I'll stick with the pink unicorns..., thanks
Old 28-01-2023, 09:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin
Good afternoon FallingLeaves

Hope your keeping well and out of trouble

For me, I'll stick with the pink unicorns..., thanks

i dunno there is always more trouble to be had it seems lol!

I hear ya on the pink unicorns! Seems like stories about pretty things that exist in the edges of the mind are a nicer way to deal with life than hard logic in some ways...
Old 28-01-2023, 11:30 PM
Master
Do you ever watch all those ghost docs where they use loads of different detectors thap pick up spirit voices and images? If they are not actual then what is going on? Seems far fetched that it is some conspiracy which loads of people are pulling off and it shouid be easy to debunk if so.My one puzze about those programs is I have never seen them investigating elementals,just mainly negative entities,perhaps they have tried with pixies and fairies but they get scared off.
Old 29-01-2023, 12:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
My one puzze about those programs is I have never seen them investigating elementals,just mainly negative entities,perhaps they have tried with pixies and fairies but they get scared off.

yeah the ghost docs are one of those things that 'real' scientists aren't allowed to discuss. Another one apparently that is taboo, is any discussion of any experiment that even suggests levitation is possible...

it is kinda in vogue to think of 'ghosts' as negative aspects of human beings that have passed, maybe someone hasn't figured out to go looking for pixies and fairies yet. I also think though that if you went looking you wouldn't find them in buildings people made which is where the ghost docs are usually set... And I suppose they do have a reputation for being somewhat reticent... But maybe you could start a thing though? :)
Old 29-01-2023, 01:24 AM
Master
There is supposed to be a good one coming on or already on sky called something like hub or paranormal hub-so I read.
Old 29-01-2023, 08:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
yeah the ghost docs are one of those things that 'real' scientists aren't allowed to discuss. Another one apparently that is taboo, is any discussion of any experiment that even suggests levitation is possible...

'Scientists' are actually allowed to discuss anything. In fact that is their calling.
Should there be sufficient evidence of ghosts (whatever they may be) or of levitation - bring it on - all scientists would be thrilled to investigate and plumb the depths of these as yet unspecified traits.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 29-01-2023, 08:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
'Scientists' are actually allowed to discuss anything. In fact that is their calling.
Should there be sufficient evidence of ghosts (whatever they may be) or of levitation - bring it on - all scientists would be thrilled to investigate and plumb the depths of these as yet unspecified traits.

Indeed. The career one can make from such a discovery would be unprecedented.

However, what I'm getting from the OP is conspiracy instead. There must be some grand plot to prevent 'ze good people' from learning ''the Truth'' because scientists are coerced and stopped from 'getting the info out', heck they may be doing it deliberately. It's an appeal to conspiracy.
Old 29-01-2023, 08:17 AM
Master
Have you not seen those TV shows Busby,there are loads of these devices,so if we wanted ghost proof we don't even need scientists,just like we don't need mathmaticians because we can buy those devices quite cheaply now and prove stuff for ourselves if we wanted to(I suppose they may also do away with the need for spiritualists churches or mediums,but we can still visit those if we need proofs,my point was about how strange and impossible a long term conspiracy of pretending there is an afterlife would be to keep going and it not being easily or properly exposed,that to me is a question for science with the obvious conclusion that it isn't a conspiracy)
Old 29-01-2023, 08:32 AM
Master
Watch some Derren Brown or James Randi. I'd be careful with expecting to find proof of spiritual phenomena from dowsing, necromancy, etc.

That's not to say it can't be meaningful or even some truth to an individual, but scientific proof and science? Nope. And that's what this subforum is about.
Old 29-01-2023, 08:56 AM
Master
Randi and Brown are magicians of which I have read and watched a lot ,I tried contacting Brown after reading some of the assumptions in his books and have discussed the simple trick Randi used with the prize offer,he's simply duped people and because it is what they want to believe it strengthens it that for them.